PDA

View Full Version : Games involving other Big East Conference Members 2014-2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

bobbiemcgee
11-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Thought I'd make an attempt to get all the news/scores from these games in one spot:

As noted by Waggy elsewhere, Providence is whipping FSU 34-19 at half. Marquette in see saw battle with Nebraska-Omaha. That would be a bad, bad loss.

'Nova takes on VCU (11/24)

Later in week (11/26), Gators take on the Hoyas.

BMoreX
11-22-2014, 03:18 PM
So Marq is down 11 to Omaha with 3 minutes left.

kyxu
11-22-2014, 03:21 PM
So Marq is down 11 to Omaha with 3 minutes left.

Marquette absolutely owning the conference's two losses.

Masterofreality
11-22-2014, 04:18 PM
What? Dookie Rookie Coach Wojo can't get a win?

C'mon....He went to Dook. He's a Coach K disciple. He walks on water...

Right?

bobbiemcgee
11-22-2014, 05:20 PM
We're still 26-0 in games not involving MU. Friars took care of biz and BU crushing Loy M.

X-band '01
11-23-2014, 08:39 AM
What? Dookie Rookie Coach Wojo can't get a win?

C'mon....He went to Dook. He's a Coach K disciple. He walks on water...

Right?

At least now we know why Buzz Williams was willing to get out of Marquette and go to a dead-end Virginia Tech program.

bobbiemcgee
11-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Won't last long. Marquette has a killer recruiting class coming in:

http://marquette.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Commits

D-West & PO-Z
11-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah I was going to say the same thing about their recruiting class.

bobbiemcgee
11-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Notre Dame/Providence might be worth a look today....

bleedXblue
11-23-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm sure those that think Wojo will do well (including me) we're basing that off of him having some time to come in, recruit and put his stamp on the program. That's a 2-3 year time period. Questioning him after his first two games as coach is idiotic.

D-West & PO-Z
11-23-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm sure those that think Wojo will do well (including me) we're basing that off of him having some time to come in, recruit and put his stamp on the program. That's a 2-3 year time period. Questioning him after his first two games as coach is idiotic.

Totally agree. I have no idea how he will do either way but cant really judge him based off this year let alone 2-3 games.

bobbiemcgee
11-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Friars 38-35 @ half over ND

MADXSTER
11-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Providence looking good today. For as much contact that the refs were allowing, can't believe they call the foul on that drive.

MADXSTER
11-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Providence up 1 with 14 secs left.

MADXSTER
11-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Providence wins 75 - 74 over Notre Dame

BMoreX
11-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Providence wins 75 - 74 over Notre Dame

Comeback too. They were down for most of the half.

Masterofreality
11-23-2014, 04:12 PM
All of these wins just keep building the RPI. The Friars are way underrated this year.

Ed Cooley is a great coach.

Cheesehead
11-23-2014, 08:53 PM

Their roster is really thin this year and current roster's tallest player is 6'7" but they do get an IU transfer, Luke Fischer 6'11" later in season on 12/14/14. he was #34 by ESPN 100 and #4 Center and #11 center by Scout. He is from Germantown, WI and is a former Mr. Basketball for WI and the Gatorade player of the year.

xu82
11-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Their roster is really thin this year and current roster's tallest player is 6'7" but they do get an IU transfer, Luke Fischer 6'11" later in season on 12/14/14. he was #34 by ESPN 100 and #4 Center and #11 center by Scout. He is from Germantown, WI and is a former Mr. Basketball for WI and the Gatorade player of the year.

He sounds like a stud, but a roster with one guy over 6'7"? Wow! I'm sure they'll build that up.

BMoreX
11-24-2014, 09:08 AM
VCU/Villanova tonight.

PMI
11-24-2014, 10:12 AM
VCU/Villanova tonight.

I'm bummed that it's on at the same time as our game. That should be a really great and entertaining game. I'm going to have to get the double TVs going...

bobbiemcgee
11-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Friars and Jays ranked:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/polls

xavierj
11-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Friars and Jays ranked:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/polls

And Xavier is better than both.... So I guess that is good.

muskiefan82
11-24-2014, 03:03 PM
And Xavier is better than both.... So I guess that is good.

Sneaking up on people........

Masterofreality
11-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Sneaking up on people........

We got one vote today in the polls.

Gotta start sneaking somewhere. :chin:

paulxu
11-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Nova better get going or VCU will take their game.

paulxu
11-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Apparently they heard me.

BMoreX
11-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Nova up 16 with 6 to go.

Masterofreality
11-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Nova now up 24. Yeah the Big East is pretty good...and > than A10.

X-band '01
11-24-2014, 08:15 PM
VCU played more like a CAA team in the 2nd half. There's a reason why Stephen F. Austin was able to knock them out of the NCAA Tournament early last season.

sirthought
11-24-2014, 08:19 PM
VCU played more like a CAA team in the 2nd half. There's a reason why Stephen F. Austin was able to knock them out of the NCAA Tournament early last season.

After seeing SFA's offense this past game, I think they would have taken out several teams. That was a thing of beauty.

(You profile pic is seriously creeping me out.)

Masterofreality
11-24-2014, 08:38 PM
In other news, Seton Hall is up 30-9 over Illinois State on CBSSCCCCCCCP. Game is in the USVI.

waggy
11-24-2014, 08:40 PM
I haven't seen them play, but based on results so far Seton Hall looks pretty good.

Marquette looks lost.

Masterofreality
11-24-2014, 08:45 PM
I haven't seen them play, but based on results so far Seton Hall looks pretty good.

Marquette looks lost.

Marquette is playing New Jersey Institute of Technology. That is the same school that went 0-29 a couple of years ago. NJIT is winning 14-12 after 12 minutes. Marquette doesn't look lost...they look terrible.

PMI
11-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Marquette is pathetic. The lone stain on the Big East right now (at least until DePaul catches up.)

xudash
11-24-2014, 10:24 PM
This Marquette game has been less than impressive, to be polite about it. They have a two point lead with 22 seconds to go. They are shooting free throws to seal it.

They have to be better than this.

Masterofreality
11-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Well, both The Hall and Marquette win.

League is now 34-2.

XUFan09
11-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Well, both The Hall and Marquette win.

League is now 34-2.

Isaiah Whitehead finally started hitting shots at a reasonable rate and playing well within the offense for the first time in his college career:

18 points (5-8, 1-2 3FG, 7-8 FT), 3 rebounds, 6 assists

He did have 6 turnovers and 4 fouls, so it's a work in progress, but that is one talented kid. Hopefully it comes together for him consistently soon, so he can help lead Seton Hall to a good non-conference record. Sterling Gibbs is still the star of that team, though. 40 points on 14 shots!

Masterofreality
11-25-2014, 07:30 AM
Gotta say that I'm loving Villanova's stomping of that Carny Show-esque VCU program. You can surprise people with Havoc for a while, but now that there is enough scouting tape out there, I expect that the Rams will have more nights like that against quality opponents. Like Loyola Marymount a few years ago, one trick pony basketball doesn't endure.

Do not ever want them in the Big East.

X-Fan
11-25-2014, 09:10 AM
Really looking forward to seeing Nova vs Michigan tonight. I've watched Michigan a few times and they are pretty vulnerable/beatable right now. Michigan has some nice pieces but they are very young.

bobbiemcgee
11-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Gotta say that I'm loving Villanova's stomping of that Carny Show-esque VCU program. You can surprise people with Havoc for a while, but now that there is enough scouting tape out there, I expect that the Rams will have more nights like that against quality opponents. Like Loyola Marymount a few years ago, one trick pony basketball doesn't endure.

Good, experienced guards can defeat the system and leave people wide open for good shots. 'Nova and last year's SFA the proof. Jay Wright really exploited their system to the max.

PMI
11-25-2014, 12:23 PM

Yea, we definitely don't want any more Top 25 programs in the Big East...

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Yea, we definitely don't want any more Top 25 programs in the Big East...

Ha, MOR is kind of a hater, no?

-VCU
-Wojo
-The ACC

Those are the recent rants I can remember.

GoMuskies
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm a hater of Wojo. He went to Dook. What more is needed?

X-band '01
11-25-2014, 03:02 PM
It's not just that Xavier lost their last game with VCU, but how they lost is what will alienate a lot of Xavier fans. Wasn't it Dee Davis who got concussed in that game?

Masterofreality
11-25-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't hate the ACC. Just think they're a bit overhyped thus year.

I do hate ESPN....for many reasons.

As for VCU's "Top 25 program" we saw what that poll was worth last night, although they'll play enough patsies in the A10 to probably stay up there. Somehow, though last year's first round NCAA loss doesn't stick to them. They still play Carny basketball and they're a state school. No....way.

And I hate Bob Thuggins, the university of VD and the Borecats. I laugh at Notre Dame and their hubris. I shake my head with disdain at The Yellow Toothed Gnome (Thanks Surf).

Other than that, I'm a loving, peaceful, happy, law-abiding citizen of the US of A.

Masterofreality
11-25-2014, 03:15 PM
It's not just that Xavier lost their last game with VCU, but how they lost is what will alienate a lot of Xavier fans. Wasn't it Dee Davis who got concussed in that game?

Yes, with a very cheap shot.

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't hate the ACC. Just think they're a bit overhyped thus year.

I do hate ESPN....for many reasons.

As for VCU's "Top 25 program" we saw what that poll was worth last night, although they'll play enough patsies in the A10 to probably stay up there. Somehow, though last year's first round NCAA loss doesn't stick to them. They still play Carny basketball and they're a state school. No....way.

And I hate Bob Thuggins, the university of VD and the Borecats. I laugh at Notre Dame and their hubris. I shake my head with disdain at The Yellow Toothed Gnome (Thanks Surf).

Other than that, I'm a loving, peaceful, happy, law-abiding citizen of the US of A.

I'm just messing around.

I am totally with you on those bolded points.

nuts4xu
11-25-2014, 05:35 PM
League is now 34-2.

This is a ridiculous cumulative record for the Big East. It is currently the best in the country. Marquette has both of those losses, and the rest of the conference is undefeated. It can only last so long, especially with the holiday tournaments this week. But this start could be the foundation of a great season for the Big East.

I love it....

PMI
11-25-2014, 06:23 PM
This is a ridiculous cumulative record for the Big East. It is currently the best in the country. Marquette has both of those losses, and the rest of the conference is undefeated. It can only last so long, especially with the holiday tournaments this week. But this start could be the foundation of a great season for the Big East.

I love it....

It's a hell of a start. If only Marquette could've gotten that Omaha game there would be no stains. This weekend you'd have to expect things come a little bit back down to earth. You can never rule Butler out of big games, but UNC is a very tall task. Nova has a tough one tonight although I think they're better than Michigan right now. We just need to take care of the ones we should win. No more Omaha debacles.

xu82
11-25-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm a hater of Wojo. He went to Dook. What more is needed?

Zero. Zip. Nada. As my kids say.... Dook is Puke. (Not very clever, but it's from the heart.)

bobbiemcgee
11-25-2014, 09:09 PM
'Nova vs Michigan tonite @ Barclays Center

bobbiemcgee
11-25-2014, 10:00 PM
'Nova vs Michigan tonite @ Barclays Center

27-20 V @ half

BlueGuy
11-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I never rooted for teams in the A10 like I do for teams in The Big East. It's soooooo much more fun being in a good conference.

GoMuskies
11-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Things get awful tough tomorrow. Butler/UNC, Georgetown/Florida, SJU/Minnesota and DePaul vs. 5 guys with a pulse (always difficult for them). Would live to see the magic continue a bit longer.

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Cant wait to get into Big East play, really looking forward to playing Villanova.

GoMuskies
11-25-2014, 10:54 PM
This is a great game. Hope Nova can pull it out.

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Ugh Dan Dakich is the worst.

GoMuskies
11-25-2014, 11:09 PM

knew that big stiff was gonna miss the FT after Dakich talked about how clutch he was.

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2014, 11:11 PM
knew that big stiff was gonna miss the FT after Dakich talked about how clutch he was.

Ha, same.

I mean he is so freaking bad. He was a terrible coach too. How do these guys get these jobs?

GoMuskies
11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Wow. Pinkston is a bad man!

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Oh my god

What. A. Block.

nuts4xu
11-25-2014, 11:14 PM
What a game!

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah Michigan feels great Dakich. Idiot

Emp
11-25-2014, 11:17 PM
THAT is why I love college basketball.

X-Fan
11-25-2014, 11:20 PM
I never rooted for teams in the A10 like I do for teams in The Big East. It's soooooo much more fun being in a good conference.

THAT is why I love college basketball.
All of this.

I like Michigan & root for them, but the Big East needed this win more. Fantastic game!

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 06:46 AM

Oh my god

What. A. Block.

What a game!

All of this too. That's 3 Holiday Tournament Championships for the Big East.

Hope we do our part.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 06:48 AM
League is now 34-2.

Edit: 36-2.

Xville
11-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Things get awful tough tomorrow. Butler/UNC, Georgetown/Florida, SJU/Minnesota and DePaul vs. 5 guys with a pulse (always difficult for them). Would live to see the magic continue a bit longer.

I think that Butler gets destroyed, Georgetown wins by about 7-8....SJU and Depaul are toss ups. If I was betting, I would probably take Minnesota because SJU is going to have a lot of problems with Minnesota's front line.

As an aside, Florida's preseason ranking at 8 was an absolute joke. That team is maybe a top 25 team at best. How they lose basically all of their scoring output from last year and get that ranking is beyond me. They aren't Kentucky that simply reloads with 7-8 Mcdonald All-Americans every year. Just like everyone else other than Kentucky, they have to develop their players for the most part.

JTG
11-26-2014, 08:12 AM

His kid plays for Michigan. Mostly end of the bench. Says a lot that he didn't want his kid to play for IU.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Awesome start to the year for the conference. Absolutely need to keep that momentum going this weekend as pretty much everyone is having stiffer competition.

Villanova should be top ten with 2 wins against top 20 opponents in the last few days.

D-West & PO-Z
11-26-2014, 08:31 AM
His kid plays for Michigan. Mostly end of the bench. Says a lot that he didn't want his kid to play for IU.

You could tell he was more pro Michigan. I thought maybe it was just a Big 10 thing. Didnt know his son was on the team.

I have never heard him do a game where I thought he did a good job or gave good insight. I think he might be one of the worst.

Xville
11-26-2014, 09:17 AM
I am going to be interested to see if Providence can keep it within 20 against Kentucky on Sunday. Not that Providence is a bad team...i think they are actually going to be quite strong, but Kentucky is clearly head and shoulders above everyone else.

If Arizona is really the number 3 team in the country, there is a gigantic drop off between Kentucky and everyone else.

Xaveriana
11-26-2014, 09:28 AM
I am going to be interested to see if Providence can keep it within 20 against Kentucky on Sunday. Not that Providence is a bad team...i think they are actually going to be quite strong, but Kentucky is clearly head and shoulders above everyone else.

If Arizona is really the number 3 team in the country, there is a gigantic drop off between Kentucky and everyone else.

I attended the UK game last night. UK did not impress me. I'm sure they played down to their competition. I'd love to see Xavier play them on Sunday. Would be an interesting match-up. Personally think Providence will give them a game, but in no way expect them to win.

Xville
11-26-2014, 09:43 AM
I attended the UK game last night. UK did not impress me. I'm sure they played down to their competition. I'd love to see Xavier play them on Sunday. Would be an interesting match-up. Personally think Providence will give them a game, but in no way expect them to win.

a 50 point win and you weren't impressed? What about when they beat the supposedly number 5 team in the country by 30? Look, I can't stand UK and wish that they weren't that good..but it is going to take a Herculean effort for anyone to beat them this year. Not saying that it can't happen, but it shouldn't.

bobbiemcgee
11-26-2014, 10:29 AM
4 games today:

12pm, Butler vs UNC. Atlantis Tournament. Should see whether BU can surprise.
7pm, Minnesota at St John's at the Gardens.
8pm, Lehigh at DePaul. and

9pm, Georgetown vs Florida.

BE 36-2 so far.

PMI
11-26-2014, 11:12 AM
I am not a fan of Kellen Dunham's game at all. He takes way too many bad shots and is a stiff on defense. I really don't see what people see in him. That offense should be running through Roosevelt Jones, not Dunham. Dunham should be a benefactor of good, open, set shots, not off-balance/off the dribble heaves. It's one thing to play like that last year when there weren't many options, but with Jones back, I don't think it's justifiable.

PMI
11-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Ugh. Every time Butler moves the ball as a team, they're getting great open looks. Every time Dunham decides he's going to take over, it leads to a turnover or bad shot. Roosevelt Jones is just so much better. He needs to be the aggressor for when UNC's defense disrupts their ball movement, not Dunham. Butler should be able to stay in this game. UNC looks pretty raw and Butler's guys are in good positions on both ends (minus when Dunham tries to go into Michael Jordan mode.)

Xaveriana
11-26-2014, 11:51 AM
I like what Bilas said about Butler. Stated something like, it's not like Butler is some team looking for their chance at the brass ring. They play big time basketball being in a powerhouse conference like the Big East. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!

Xville
11-26-2014, 12:10 PM
i am pleasantly surprised that Butler is in this game and has the chance to win it. Reason being that, I can't believe Butler it seems is that much improved over last year.

PMI
11-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Dunham just picked up his second foul. A quick third might be the best thing that could happen for Butler. He is such an offense killer with his shot selection. The rest of the team is really moving the ball well and making good decisions on offense. And then there's Dunham...

paulxu
11-26-2014, 12:25 PM
I'd love to see Butler pull this off. That would be really good for the BE.
Strong field there. Assume Butler got in the field while still in A10 as Georgetown is there.
Somebody is using that exemption thing.

JTG
11-26-2014, 12:26 PM
i am pleasantly surprised that Butler is in this game and has the chance to win it. Reason being that, I can't believe Butler it seems is that much improved over last year.

Addition by subtraction...B Miller can't coach, and in college bball coaching makes a big difference.

PMI
11-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Addition by subtraction...B Miller can't coach, and in college bball coaching makes a big difference.

Agreed. Butler is very clearly a more organized and well-coached team than they were at any point last year. Minus Dunham doing his best Jordan Crawford as a Wizard impression, I'm very impressed with their movement and positioning on both ends.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Wow Butler. Way to go. Keep it up.

bleedXblue
11-26-2014, 12:34 PM
NC just doesn't look very strong to me. Taking nothing away from Butler. I think Williams is significantly overrated. I expect him out of there in the next 2-3 years.

waggy
11-26-2014, 12:38 PM
I love to watch deputy dog get beat.

paulxu
11-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Dinner last night with my Tar Heel buddy.
He's way, way down because of the academic stuff.
I always chide him for UNC not scheduling X; and he's always got some excuses.
This would be a nice W by proxy as it were.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Requiem my ass

bobbiemcgee
11-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Martin 13 mins 14 pts

Milhouse
11-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Kelan Martin Looking really good. Should be up there for all rookie team.

Xville
11-26-2014, 12:46 PM

apparently regarding Miller. Didn't Butler have some injuries as well last year..wasn't Jones out for a significant amount of time or did I just imagine that. I wouldn't think that having Jones out would that make much of a difference but im sure it didn't help.

PMI
NC just doesn't look very strong to me. Taking nothing away from Butler. I think Williams is significantly overrated. I expect him out of there in the next 2-3 years.

I agree UNC doesn't look very good. Certainly nowhere near the #5 team in the nation. But Butler is playing very well. They are out-hustling UNC, making their shots, and playing good team defense. UNC just looks really raw to me. A bunch of great athletes that aren't really playing properly yet. All that said, this game is far from over and it will be tough to close out such a talented UNC team once the urgency kicks in.

X-band '01
But wasn't the new ACC supposed to be the greatest conference since the old Big East?

Xville
11-26-2014, 12:48 PM
But wasn't the new ACC supposed to be the greatest conference since the old Big East?

no it is supposed to be the greatest conference in the history of the world! come on get your facts straight

PMI
11-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Dunham's decision-making is really being bailed out by some great hustle by the rest of the Bulldogs. Up 11 in a fairly low-scoring game, I'd sit him right now.

When he's not hitting his open shots, he's entirely useless.

paulxu
11-26-2014, 12:50 PM
If the first one to 60 rule still works, the Heels are toast.

Xville
11-26-2014, 12:52 PM
i know i keep bringing this up but who in the world is going to even give UK a game this year seriously? Arizona does not impress me in the least, UNC is coached by Roy Williams, Kansas looked like a rec team against them, Duke...eh? ..I guess maybe Wisconsin? I know anyone can beat anyone in a game but i mean these other top 5 teams are not impressive to me at all.

bleedXblue
11-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Dunham's decision-making is really being bailed out by some great hustle by the rest of the Bulldogs. Up 11 in a fairly low-scoring game, I'd sit him right now.

When he's not hitting his open shots, he's entirely useless.

You've made your point

X-band '01
11-26-2014, 12:54 PM
They'll get bored a couple of nights during the season and beat themselves (but not in a Nuts fashion).

PMI
11-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Come on man!!! 34 seconds on the shot clock and that moron pump fakes to take a long 2??? Dunham is horrible. He is playing like hot garbage right now, which is no different than pretty much every other time I've watched him. He's trying to blow this. I honestly don't know what everyone sees in this kid. He freaking sucks. The rest of the team will hopefully be enough to pull this off.

PMI
11-26-2014, 12:56 PM
You've made your point

I'm reacting as the game unfolds, and unfortunately, the point keeps magnifying.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Way too fast possessions.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Butler wih some mental gaffes.

PMI
11-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Dunham wih some mental gaffes.

FIFY. Chravez had one bad shot, everything else has been on Dunham. If they pull this off, they'll have done so 4 against 6.

GoMuskies
11-26-2014, 01:04 PM
So Dunham is 3-17 and Butler is WINNING?!? Crazy.

PMI
11-26-2014, 01:05 PM
So Dunham is 3-17 and Butler is WINNING?!? Crazy.

My theory: Butler is absolutely dominating on the offensive boards because their guys know where it's going to come off the rim every time Dunham jacks up a brick. That's got to be it!

GoMuskies
11-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Butler is shooting 31%. Just need one stop now.

MADXSTER
11-26-2014, 01:17 PM
If I didn't know better I would think that Dunham is trying to throw the game. Why would you shoot so early in the shot clock? And keep missing?

GoMuskies
11-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Should be over now.

MADXSTER
11-26-2014, 01:19 PM
3-17 is uncalled for when you have other capable shooters on your team. At some point it is best to just play some D, get some assists and not turn the ball over for your team.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Bilas discussing the Big East...

Mentions Villanova, Butler and Georgetown.

paulxu
11-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Suck it Bilas.
Butler was picked 7th...and they got the Heels.
The only thing better would be for Butler and Georgetown to meet in the final of this thing.
Would love ESPN have to suck it up for the BE.

bleedXblue
11-26-2014, 01:23 PM
3-17 is uncalled for when you have other capable shooters on your team. At some point it is best to just play some D, get some assists and not turn the ball over for your team.

He'll get it figured out. His coaches aren't going to let it continue. I suspect some of it is a hangover from last year where he was expected to carry the team. He's a nice player and capable of getting really, really hot.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Take THAT ESPN and Bil-ass. Good job, Butler.

Dunham did suck rocks today. How he was picked pre-season All Big East and LaDonte Henton left off is an absolute mystery to me.

Big East now 37-2. Fox Sports is smiling broadly.

PMI
11-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Great, great win for Butler. UNC was very unimpressive but that's going to end up a high quality win. Sit Dunham's ass down and we might have a chance at an all Big East final.

XUFan09
11-26-2014, 01:25 PM
My theory: Butler is absolutely dominating on the offensive boards because their guys know where it's going to come off the rim every time Dunham jacks up a brick. That's got to be it!
You see, he's just passing.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 01:28 PM
And Seth Greenberg with the "eggsavier"

waggy
11-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Would love ESPN have to suck it up for the BE.

Bilas would choke on a turkey bone. Grrraarrr!

PMI
11-26-2014, 01:31 PM
He'll get it figured out. His coaches aren't going to let it continue. I suspect some of it is a hangover from last year where he was expected to carry the team. He's a nice player and capable of getting really, really hot.

Except the numbers don't lie. He shot 39% and 35% from three last year. That's not just subpar, it's flat out awful for a supposed All League guy (which is a joke in and of itself.) Just because he had a few games where he got hot, which is downright impossible for a guy who's allowed to take shots every possession, doesn't mean he's a "nice player." He plays a bad, selfish brand of basketball, which frankly, Butler no longer needs in order to score some points. He should be a creator and a set shooter, but it's not in his blood. He's a detriment to an otherwise impressive team right now. Sure, he's capable of being productive if he hits open shots and doesn't look to create his own shot except in dire circumstances, but he's never proven to be able to play that way. He needs to completely change the way he plays if Butler is going to reach its potential, plain and simple. If they decide they'd rather live and die with his shooting, they will lose a lot of games in the league again.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 01:31 PM
ESPN can suck it, but I do enjoy them right now discussing the Big East and praising the conference's success thus far.

Need that to continue tonight and throughout the weekend. 3 more big games.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 01:37 PM
All this Big East success has to be making the suits at ESPN gag.

This is the way it's done. Win games and force them to talk about you...all year long.

Last year Dana Jacobsen called the New Big East a "Circus". This year she said the league was at "a crossroads". John Feinstein called the Big East "mid-major".

Know what is really mid-major? The AAAAAAAAAAAAC. SMU can't win a big game, The Borecats can't score 60 points against lousy competition Memphis can't win a game and UCon has already lost. The rest of that league is horrible. Have fun putting lipstick on that pig ESPN.

PMI
11-26-2014, 01:39 PM
All this Big East success has to be making the suits at ESPN gag.

This is the way it's done. Win games and force them to talk about you...all year long.

Last year Dana Jacobsen called the New Big East a "Circus". This year she said the league was at "a crossroads". John Feinstein called the Big East "mid-major".

Know what is really mid-major? The AAAAAAAAAAAAC. SMU can't win a big game, The Borecats can't score 60 points against lousy competition Memphis can't win a game and UCon has already lost. The rest of that league is horrible. Have fun putting lipstick on that pig ESPN.

Feinstein is a good author, but when it comes to comprehending and analyzing sports, he's low-major.

THRILLHOUSE
11-26-2014, 01:51 PM
i know i keep bringing this up but who in the world is going to even give UK a game this year seriously? Arizona does not impress me in the least, UNC is coached by Roy Williams, Kansas looked like a rec team against them, Duke...eh? ..I guess maybe Wisconsin? I know anyone can beat anyone in a game but i mean these other top 5 teams are not impressive to me at all.

Maybe Texas could have if Isaiah Taylor didn't get injured, but w/o Taylor I don't see them having any chance in that one, especially since it's at Rupp.

X-band '01
11-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Feinstein is a good author, but when it comes to comprehending and analyzing sports, he's low-major.

He's going to have more time with his books and newspaper columns now that his radio gig at CBS is going to be done by year's end (same can be said for morning host Dana Jacobson - another Big East fan).

X-band '01
11-26-2014, 02:23 PM
As for tonight, the conference has 3 very winnable games with Georgetown taking on a middling Florida team.

St. John's is playing Minnesota in the preseason NIT at MSG and DePaul also hosting Lehigh tonight.

BMoreX
11-26-2014, 02:32 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24842142/big-east-improves-to-37-2-in-2014-15-as-butler-knocks-off-north-carolina?v=1&vc=1

D-West & PO-Z
11-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Oklahoma (who was ranked when Creighton beat them) beat #22 UCLA today too.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 06:44 PM
St. John's cannot shoot.

D-West & PO-Z
11-26-2014, 06:59 PM
What is AXS for the Georgetown game?

bleedXblue
11-26-2014, 07:08 PM
What is AXS for the Georgetown game?

340 on DirectTV

bleedXblue
11-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Could St John's be any more undisciplined? To me, that's all on Lavin.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Could St John's be any more undisciplined? To me, that's all on Lavin.

Sure it is. Way too many wasted possessions.

GoMuskies
11-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Shockingly, DePaul sucks.

xudash
11-26-2014, 07:46 PM
When the teams based in NY and Chicago decide to get real coaches, this conference will get further lift. Until then, though SJU has a chance to tie it at 55, it's back to the less frustrating Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Well, well, well. Despite being undisciplined as hell, St. John's gets it done. 38 -2.

But of course DePuke will screw it up. Down to Lehigh.

D-West & PO-Z
11-26-2014, 08:21 PM
340 on DirectTV

Thanks.

XUFan09
11-26-2014, 08:22 PM
I love the recent article linked for the line that DePaul can lose any time to anyone. So true.

RealDeal
11-26-2014, 08:26 PM
Watching DePaul is painful.

xu82
11-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Shockingly, DePaul sucks.

Maybe Lehigh would beat Kentucky too.

And maybe not.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 08:43 PM
I just don't trust Georgetown.

Maybe it's because J Thompson is way overrated as a coach on the floor. Great recruiter tho.

DePuke shouldn't play anyone over a 200 RPI in the pre-conference.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 09:09 PM
And DePuke loses to 0-4 Lehigh and gives up 86 points in the process.

The only redeeming value is that they were terrible in the old BE so their incompetence here is somewhat expected.

xu82
11-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Bilas would choke on a turkey bone.

I'm OK with that. I vote YES on proposition Turkey Bone!

D-West & PO-Z
11-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Winner winner thanksgiving turkey dinner. Georgetown wins!

MADXSTER
11-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Wow! What a game. Georgetown with the win in OT over Florida. DSR with the game winner.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Another great game, and another great Big East win. Now 39-3.

I love this league.

Get tough X.

OH.X.MI
11-26-2014, 11:14 PM
A few people have said it, but I LOVE being in the Big East! So much more invested in the conference than I ever was with the A10. It's fun to watch games that matter on TV and know in some way it's gonna effect us.

Titanxman04
11-27-2014, 05:35 AM
Agreed with what has been said about being in the Big East. If this conference is at a crossroads, it sure as hell took the right turn. With the A-10, I just kept waiting to watch our fellow brethren lose some stupid games and shit the bed against weak competition. DePaul is terrible. We knew that and any chance that they can schedule weak and make it with a decent record going into the conference play is good. Doubtful, but good. Marquette is struggling and somewhat understandably. Their team wasn't exactly stacked with a ton of talent and a whole new coaching staff will cause some time for adjustment. I have hope for them, though.

This conference is just insane though. All are playing well and representing this conference well! We're in such a better place now.

paulxu
11-27-2014, 06:41 AM
2 more games for a Butler/Georgetown final, and ESPN gets to promote the BE.

Masterofreality
11-27-2014, 07:03 AM
@CarsonD33: Big East unity, until conference play starts..........

Quoth Carson DeRosiers- Providence College.

BMoreX
11-27-2014, 07:37 AM
This conference fucking rocks

kyxu
11-27-2014, 07:52 AM
A few people have said it, but I LOVE being in the Big East! So much more invested in the conference than I ever was with the A10. It's fun to watch games that matter on TV and know in some way it's gonna effect us.

It's odd how that works. When Xavier was in the A-10, I still had trouble rooting for any other A-10 teams in the OOC because I knew any big win of theirs in the OOC would undoubtedly be overshadowed by a horrendous conference record. In the Big East, I'm rooting for everyone. I was even sweating Butler (a team I wholeheartedly dislike) hoping they would finish off UNC.

Let's hope Xavier can hold up their end of the bargain and win their tournament. Unlike Nova, Butler, Georgetown, and Creighton, Xavier's victories have gone largely unnoticed on the national level.

bleedXblue
11-27-2014, 07:55 AM
As many of us have contended, this conference will be fine. We won't keep up this pace, and we very likely won't have many years like 2013-2014. I think we fall somewhere in between most years.

waggy
11-27-2014, 07:56 AM
This season could be Xavier's sneaking up on people masterpiece.

Masterofreality
11-27-2014, 09:14 AM
This conference fucking rocks

And we're doing Ok in it. Not just basketball but baseball, swimming and soccer too.

OH.X.MI
11-27-2014, 09:28 AM
And we're doing Ok in it. Not just basketball but baseball, swimming and soccer too.

We are entering a new golden age for Xavier sports folks! It's gonna be one hell of a ride!

(My expectations right now are insane but what the hell, it's Thanksgiving!)

Xavier
11-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Let's hope Xavier can hold up their end of the bargain and win their tournament. Unlike Nova, Butler, Georgetown, and Creighton, Xavier's victories have gone largely unnoticed on the national level.

Xavier hasn't beaten a top 25 team. No surprise the victories have gone largely unnoticed. If Georgetown takes down Wisconsin today...agreed with everyone else, fun rooting for the rest of the Big East.

XUPhilly04
11-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Every conference has the every year bottom feeder. Even if Depaul and Marquette are 225 plus rpi teams, that's only 4 of 16 big east games. The rest are against potential NCAA tournament teams. It's still early but still a near perfect start.

bobbiemcgee
11-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Marquette won't be down for long. Depaul? The new Fordham.

94GRAD
11-27-2014, 10:32 AM
I have on read multiple sites that the Big East is turrible. I say we go back to the A10. Check that, MCC!

bobbiemcgee
11-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Butler vs Oklahoma 1pm
Georgetown vs Wisconsin 3:30
Marquette vs GT 8:30

Butler vs Georgtown in final? Meltdown on ESPN.

bleedXblue
11-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Butler vs Oklahoma 1pm
Georgetown vs Wisconsin 3:30
Marquette vs GT 8:30

Butler vs Georgtown in final? Meltdown on ESPN.

Would be shocked to see Georgetown win. Wisconsin is strong and GTown has too many selfish, undisciplined players.

Who knows with Butler. They'll need a better game out of Dunham to win.

XUPhilly04
11-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Would be shocked to see Georgetown win. Wisconsin is strong and GTown has too many selfish, undisciplined players.

Who knows with Butler. They'll need a better game out of Dunham to win.

I agree, but at this point, two wins over ranked teams and the potential for more to follow... Mission accomplished for the big east

paulxu
11-27-2014, 10:56 AM
It's great that the 1 and 3:30 games on the flagship feature BE teams. Hah!

XU '11
11-27-2014, 11:38 AM
It's great that the 1 and 3:30 games on the flagship feature BE teams. Hah!

There are times when ESPN deserves criticism, but the commentators spoke very highly of the BE during Butler and Georgetown's games.

xu82
11-27-2014, 12:15 PM
There are times when ESPN deserves criticism, but the commentators spoke very highly of the BE during Butler and Georgetown's games.

I'm sure there will be disciplinary action. Heads will roll.... this cannot be allowed. :-)

Actually, even Fox Sports failed to mention XU when discussing who might win the BE and who the surprise teams might be in a post game session. I found that odd. All the better for sneaking up on the world!

paulxu
11-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Get to work Bulldogs.

xu82
11-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Get to work Bulldogs.

In 12 minutes they have 8 points. It's painful to watch. And I have to listen to Jay Bilas, so it's painful to listen to as well.

BMoreX
11-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Hoyas up esrly

paulxu
11-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Need to keep the conference winning % above 90.

sirthought
11-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Tied at 59 points with 5:26 to go.

BMoreX
11-27-2014, 07:00 PM
So Butler and Georgetown will face each other three times this year.

94GRAD
11-27-2014, 07:02 PM
So Butler and Georgetown will face each other three times this year.

Potentially 4

GoMuskies
11-27-2014, 07:38 PM
I'd say potentially 5, but Butler's not making the Tournament.

Masterofreality
11-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Brian Gregory's team is going, errrr, Brian Gregory.

Marquette is beating Ga. Tech by 11 with about 3 minutes to go. Amazing how Gregory's teams always panic whenever they fall behind. No plan and no poise.

Why Bobo signed him to a contract extension is absolutely beyond me...unless Mike is just collecting the paycheck and mailing it in now.

Looks like the League will be 41-5 after today.

xu82
11-27-2014, 09:50 PM
I didn't hear about an extension. And I'm in town and know a bunch of GT guys. I told them they got a great AD and it was our loss. Now I'm confused. The arena was a dump before the renovation, in his defense. But still....

Masterofreality
11-27-2014, 10:02 PM
I didn't hear about an extension. And I'm in town and know a bunch of GT guys. I told them they got a great AD and it was our loss. Now I'm confused. The arena was a dump before the renovation, in his defense. But still....

In 2013.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111213aaa.html

Masterofreality
11-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Marquette tried their best to blow it, but hung on to win by 2.

Just another win by a Big East scrub over an ACC scrub......

xudash
11-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Brian Gregory's team is going, errrr, Brian Gregory.

Marquette is beating Ga. Tech by 11 with about 3 minutes to go. Amazing how Gregory's teams always panic whenever they fall behind. No plan and no poise.

Why Bobo signed him to a contract extension is absolutely beyond me...unless Mike is just collecting the paycheck and mailing it in now.

Looks like the League will be 41-5 after today.

How about that last possession? Needs a 3 and drives for 2.

They gift wrap it at the end.

xu82
11-27-2014, 10:17 PM
In 2013.

Well, maybe I lied to the guys on my tennis team. That surprises me. Hoping Bobo never comes after Mack.

On a side note, few things are more satisfying than beating guys half your age who think they're hot stuff. (Half the teams we play also have GT guys half my age.)

LA Muskie
11-27-2014, 11:47 PM
In 2013.

It was a 1-yr extension granted 6 months into Bobinski's tenure and before Gregory ever played a game under Bobinski. It was little more than a message of stability for recruiting purposes.

X-band '01
11-28-2014, 05:59 AM
In 2013.

It was a 1-yr extension granted 6 months into Bobinski's tenure and before Gregory ever played a game under Bobinski. It was little more than a message of stability for recruiting purposes.

I'm sure Tech fans will be asking the same thing they used to ask on Blackburn Review - Is it 2018 yet?

Masterofreality
11-28-2014, 07:17 AM

Well, maybe so, but that meant that that guy was then under contract for 5 more years. U really want Gregory for more years than U need to?

It's not like Bobo didn't know anything about him. His program was only 50 miles away and you played him 2 or 3 times a year.
Nah.

Xaveriana
11-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Big East at 41-5 (89%) at 10AM EST on 11/28/2014 is a surprise to me and I think it deeply hurts the ESPN campaign to discredit the conference, especialy given some of the big names defeated. Does it surprise you? What does it mean to the ESPN campaign to discredit the Big East as a has-been?

Creighton (5-0)
Providence (5-0)
Villanova (5-0)
Xavier (5-0)
Seton Hall (4-0)
St. John's (4-0)
Butler (4-1)
Georgetown (4-1)
DePaul (2-1)
Marquette (3-2)

Just win. Quiet the critics.

paulxu
11-28-2014, 09:18 AM
7 BE teams in action today with one guaranteed loss as Butler plays Georgetown.
Some tough matchups Marquette and St Johns.

Keep on keeping on.

D-West & PO-Z
11-28-2014, 09:20 AM
7 BE teams in action today with one guaranteed loss as Butler plays Georgetown.
Some tough matchups Marquette and St Johns.

Keep on keeping on.

Life's a garden, dig it.

LA Muskie
11-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Well, maybe so, but that meant that that guy was then under contract for 5 more years. U really want Gregory for more years than U need to?

It's not like Bobo didn't know anything about him. His program was only 50 miles away and you played him 2 or 3 times a year.
Nah.
He was under contract for 4 more years at that point (his initial deal was for 6 years at a rather modest $1mm/yr). The Bobinski extension made it a 5-year contract, which is basically the minimum from a recruiting perspective -- particularly with a new AD on-board.

Gregory's stock has always been much higher in coaching/AD circles than anyone at XU has ever appreciated. That said, I tend to doubt Gregory will still be around next year. He may be a nice guy who knows his stuff and can compete on the recruiting trail. At some point, you've got to win some games.

It's not the contract term that matters. It's the buyout cost. At the end of this season he would be under contract for 3 more years. Assuming the same buyout applies, he would get 75% of next year's salary plus 50% each for the last 2 years (http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/2011/03/29/former-dayton-coach-brian-gregory-hired-by-georgia-tech/). He doesn't appear to have received a significant raise with the extension, although there are reports that he may have received a slight one. At $1mm/year his buyout after this year would only be $1.25mm. So maybe it's $1.5mm. Chump change. Particularly when compared to the Paul Hewitt debacle (his buyout was $7.2mm).

STL_XUfan
11-28-2014, 10:31 AM
As of this morning 7 teams from the BE are in the top 50 of Kenpom.

paulxu
11-28-2014, 03:08 PM
And............Butler takes down the Hoyas. Impressive.

xsteve1
11-28-2014, 05:12 PM
And............Butler takes down the Hoyas. Impressive.

Teams that defend always have a chance and Butler defends.

sirthought
11-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Creighton is falling apart at the end against Mississippi. It's been back and forth much of the game, but now they can't seem to score or defend. Down 3 with a minute left.

GoMuskies
11-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Disaster of a day for the Big East. We were due one.

Masterofreality
11-29-2014, 08:43 PM
A better day. Creighton wins and Seton Hall beats George Washington.

In other news, Fordham loses to Maryland Eastern Shore and Dookcane loses to NJIT---- both at home. LaSuck lost to mediocre Vandy, UMass loses to Harvard and VCU loses to Old Dominion. The Havoc Magic is wearing off...rapidly.

Gawd I'm glad we are out of that League!

paulxu
11-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Jeebus...I'd love to see Providence take down Kentucky today.

Xville
11-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Well they stuck with them for thirty minutes..so there's that

paulxu
11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Close to down 15. Ugh.

GoMuskies
11-30-2014, 03:31 PM
In a surprise to EVERYONE, DePaul is handling Stanford very late in the second half.

paulxu
11-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Nice for DePaul. Now it's time for X and Marquette to get it done. (Villanova I'm not concerned about)

Xavier
12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
I never expected Xavier to bring down a league reputation. I don't think they will be by conference play but for now they are.

GoMuskies
12-01-2014, 10:53 AM
I never expected Xavier to bring down a league reputation. I don't think they will be by conference play but for now they are.

Yes, Xavier is actually the least accomplished Big East team so far this season as of 12/1. It's kind of embarrassing. I'm with you that I don't expect it to last, but it sucks right now.

GoMuskies
12-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Two should be wins plus NIU at DePaul tonight. DePaul is a 6.5 point favorite, so hopefully they can pull that one out.

GoMuskies
12-02-2014, 09:39 PM
DePaul is taking care of business so far. They're up 14 on NIU early second half. If they can hold on, it's another 3-0 day for the Big East.

sgarcia
12-03-2014, 08:06 AM
I know this has no bearing on the Big East but Memphis got THUMPED last night at home to Stephen F. Austin. I thought that board would be all over Pastner and his often overrated Memphis Tigers squad for this lackluster performance. The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC looks like it will struggle this year.

X-band '01
12-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Are they still getting votes in the polls? Calling Memphis paper tigers would be an improvement at this point.

Masterofreality
12-03-2014, 12:52 PM
I know this has no bearing on the Big East but Memphis got THUMPED last night at home to Stephen F. Austin. I thought that board would be all over Pastner and his often overrated Memphis Tigers squad for this lackluster performance. The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC looks like it will struggle this year.

Thumped is correct. The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC looks to be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbjectly horrible this year.

Masterofreality
12-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Overall Conference record now is 50-12.

By the way, the A10 is back to being the a10. UMass got rolled by LSU last night and the league has no significant out of conference wins.

Have fun Cryers.

xudash
12-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Overall Conference record now is 50-12.

By the way, the A10 is back to being the a10. UMass got rolled by LSU last night and the league has no significant out of conference wins.

Have fun Cryers.

Wasn't last year for the A10 a true anomaly with respect to the number of seniors that populated its teams? The A10 is not a 6 NCAA team proposition as a normal rule. I would think that in any given year with its current lineup, it will do no better than 4 teams.

Masterofreality
12-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Butler routs Indiana State and 'Nova is clocking LaSuck at Gola's Garage.

Creighton is down at Tulsa however.

In other news, the horrific St. Joe Hawks took down equally, or possibly more, horrific Temple. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC Basketball. Feel the Excrement!

paulxu
12-03-2014, 09:00 PM
If Butler is ranked 23rd, I suppose we would be ranked if we'd have won those 2 games out west?

danaandvictory
12-03-2014, 09:07 PM
If Butler is ranked 23rd, I suppose we would be ranked if we'd have won those 2 games out west?

Butler has a couple of legitimate wins. We do not, and would not even at 7-0.

GoMuskies
12-04-2014, 09:54 PM
DePaul won a road game tonight. DePaul. A Road Game. DePaul.

xu82
12-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Probably a reporting error. It happens. "Dewey defeats Truman" ring a bell?

xavierj
12-05-2014, 06:39 AM
DePaul is 5-1 with a 15 point win over Stanford so I would say they are at least improving.

GoMuskies
12-05-2014, 07:05 AM
The Stanford win is pretty much offset by the loss to Lehigh. But at least they scheduled for success this year.

X-band '01
12-05-2014, 07:58 AM

Granted, it was only Chicago State, but it's a start (and a nice way to fluff the RPI).

XUFan09
12-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Granted, it was only Chicago State, but it's a start (and a nice way to fluff the RPI).

Lol the game site was equidistant to Allstate Arena from their campus.

Juice
12-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Lol the game site was equidistant to Allstate Arena from their campus.

Have you ever played in the raucous environment of the Emil and Patricia Jones Convocation Center?

xsteve1
12-05-2014, 10:38 AM
DePaul is definitely a step up from Fordham and Duquesne.

GoMuskies
12-05-2014, 10:44 AM
DePaul is definitely a step up from Fordham and Duquesne.

Damning with faint praise for sure.

xu82
12-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Have you ever played in the raucous environment of the Emil and Patricia Jones Convocation Center?

Oh my.... that even sounds like a scary place to go!

D-West & PO-Z
12-06-2014, 01:08 PM
I cant believe Marquette is in this game with Wisconsin. I thought Wisconsin would win by 15 at least. The spread was 11. Maybe when they barely beat NJIT at home that wasnt that bad considering NJIT just beat Michigan at Michigan.

Marquette down 2 under 9mins to go.

Masterofreality
12-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Seton Hall kills Rutgers and 'Nova kills St. Joes.

Butler with a big game soon.

GoMuskies
12-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Huge win for St. John's in the Carrier Dome. Great day for the Big East if Xavier can get a win.

waggy
12-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Syracuse might not be real good this year, but that's still a great win.

Masterofreality
12-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Yeah, we need to take care of business and this is a really, really good day for the league.

D-West & PO-Z
12-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Yeah, we need to take care of business and this is a really, really good day for the league.

5-1, good day indeed.

X-band '01
12-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Huge win for St. John's in the Carrier Dome. Great day for the Big East if Xavier can get a win.

Syracuse might not be real good this year, but that's still a great win.

The Big East hasn't scheduled many true road games - it's also a nice statement for St. John's against New York's "team."

D-West & PO-Z
12-07-2014, 09:18 AM
St. Johns hadnt won at Syracuse since 1999. The player formerly known as Ron Artest was on that team.

GoMuskies
12-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Another HUGE day for the Big East. Great win for Creighton.

Masterofreality
12-07-2014, 08:21 PM
5-1, good day indeed.

Add 3 more wins today. GTown over Towson, DePaul over Milwaukee and Creighton slips over to Lincoln and sneaks out with a 10 point win over Nebraska.

Yeah, we can take an 8-2 weekend all year long. (Providence lost to Boston College Friday night).

BMoreX
12-07-2014, 08:59 PM
@StuJackson32: 8-2 weekend @BIGEASTMBB. 3 wins v @bigtenconf 1each v @accmbb and @SEC all power FOOTBALL conference teams @BIGEASTMBB is a POWER basketball

Masterofreality
12-07-2014, 09:04 PM
@stujackson32: 8-2 weekend @bigeastmbb. 3 wins v @bigtenconf 1each v @accmbb and @sec all power football conference teams @bigeastmbb is a power basketball

like! ^^^

GoMuskies
12-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Sagarin rates the Big East #3 (X #33; 5th in Big East) just behind the Big Ten and about two points behind the Big XII. The Big East is just ahead of the ACC. That A-10 is #7 and the AAC #10. For context, the AAC is ahead of the Ivy League by about the same margin they trail the Big East.

Massey has the Big East #2 (X #55; 8th in Big East) behind the Big XII. The A-10 is #8 and the AAC #9. Here the AAC leads the Sun Belt by about as much as it trails the Big East.

Colley has the Big East #2 (X #52; 5th in Big East) behind the Big XII. A-10 #8 and AAC #9.

Masterofreality
12-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Sagarin rates the Big East #3 (X #33; 5th in Big East) just behind the Big Ten and about two points behind the Big XII. The Big East is just ahead of the ACC. That A-10 is #7 and the AAC #10. For context, the AAC is ahead of the Ivy League by about the same margin they trail the Big East.

Massey has the Big East #2 (X #55; 8th in Big East) behind the Big XII. The A-10 is #8 and the AAC #9. Here the AAC leads the Sun Belt by about as much as it trails the Big East.

Colley has the Big East #2 (X #52; 5th in Big East) behind the Big XII. A-10 #8 and AAC #9.

I love the fact that the Borecats are in a league worse than the A10....when all they could do when we were in it was diss the A10.

paulxu
12-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Wishful thinking: give me the 2 west coast games back so we'd be undefeated and our conference on top.

BMoreX
12-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Should be at least 3 Big East teams in the Top 25 later today.

BMoreX
12-08-2014, 01:29 PM
AP Poll:
7. Villanova
15. Butler
24. St. John's
Receiving votes: Georgetown, Seton Hall, Creighton

Masterofreality
12-08-2014, 01:40 PM
AP Poll:
7. Villanova
15. Butler
24. St. John's
Receiving votes: Georgetown, Seton Hall, Creighton

Hmmm, Xavier is not in that group. We are presently lumped with DePaul, Providence and Marquette. That has to change.

casualfan
12-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Hmmm, Xavier is not in that group. We are presently lumped with DePaul, Providence and Marquette. That has to change.

Likely won't happen until conference play.

There just aren't any games on our remaining OOC schedule that will make anyone take notice.

Masterofreality
12-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Likely won't happen until conference play.

There just aren't any games on our remaining OOC schedule that will make anyone take notice.

I know. I'm addressing the entire season. Finishing 7th would be an abject disappointment, if not disaster.

GoMuskies
12-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Butler is ranked 15th?!? Congrats to Butler on the nice start, but that ranking is false.

gladdenguy
12-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I was gonna comment on Butler's ranking as well. They are 15th in the country? I thought they were gonna suck this year from what I read. Kellen Dunham is still there. Roosevelt Jones??? Must be nice. I forget what it is like to be ranked. Its been a long time. Probably one of the biggest droughts since the 90s????

I don't see it happening this year. Next year maybe??????

vee4xu
12-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Butler is ranked 15th?!? Congrats to Butler on the nice start, but that ranking is false.

Now there's a direct point that we can agree on, counselor.

paulxu
12-08-2014, 09:07 PM
I don't see it happening this year. Next year maybe??????

I'm not ready to give up quite yet.

LA Muskie
12-08-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't know what Butler should be ranked. 15th instinctively sounds high (as does 19 in the coaches' poll) for a team with hardly any preseason expectations. But they took down UNC (#5/6 at the time, currently #21/18) and Georgetown and have only lost to Oklahoma (#26/21 at the time, now #16/15). Meanwhile, we've beaten...well...nobody, really. And we lost to UTEP (currently riding a 3-game losing streak with losses to UW, Colo St., and New Mexico St. -- but they're looking good against the University of the Incarnate Word, which has been playing D-1 ball all of 2 years now...) and Long Beach State.

So I don't know where they should be ranked. But it obviously should be higher than us.

GoMuskies
Providence tied with 4-6 Brown at halftime. Hopefully they can avoid pulling a Doo - Kane against what I'm sure is a bitter city rival.

LA Muskie
I'm not ready to give up quite yet.
Me, either. But it's going to take a while to build that credibility back up...

bleedXblue
12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Man I wish I didn't read this thread. Butler will come back down to earth. I don't see them being ranked at the end of the year. UTEP with 3 straight losses? WTF, they looked great against us. LBSU gets drilled by Stephen F. Austin? Man, we have a long way to go. I really don't think we can afford to drop anymore than one more OOC. Then we'll have to rattle off at least 10 conference wins to get to 20 wins and an at large. Tall order with how this team defends.

paulxu
12-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Providence keeps screwing around they are going to lose this one.

xudash
12-08-2014, 10:01 PM
We need to worry about Providence at the moment.