PDA

View Full Version : 7-0

xubrew
11-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Can't do any better than that!

I know none of the teams played anyone that was all that good, but still. We've won all the games we've played. I also think that so far Xavier has played the best team, and looked the best against them.

I hope Georgetown doesn't overlook SFNY. Georgetown is clearly the better team, but SFNY is good enough to beat a team that doesn't prepare and completely overlooks them.

Cheesehead
11-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Creighton hosts #19 Oklahoma and Marquette is at #20 Ohio State this week.

XUFan09
11-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Chreighton hosts #19 Oklahoma and Marquette is at #20 Ohio State this week.
I don't think those matchups will end well for the Big East

PMI
11-17-2014, 10:35 AM

I have to agree. Maybe Creighton's home court gives them a shot. I just can't see Marquette going to Columbus and leaving with a win. We just need the teams in the league to take care of the ones they should win and avoid bas losses. DePaul is probably not going to cooperate but hopefully the others can.

Cheesehead
11-17-2014, 10:54 AM

I also agree. Marquette has a somewhat depleted roster (tallest guy is 6'7") this season but I think Wojo was a good hire and he has good class for next year.

Marquette is also hosting the Badgers on 12/6/14.

X-band '01
11-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Seton Hall did avenge their loss to Mercer last year (although I do give them credit for at least taking a shot at what could have been a quality road win last season).

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2014, 05:04 PM
I'll be at the OSU game cheering on Marquette tomorrow. (Maybe secretly cheering since the tickets were given to my wife from her boss at OSU. But cheering for Marquette nonetheless.)

GoMuskies
11-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Could you get us a count of how many times Wojo slaps the floor?

xu82
11-17-2014, 05:52 PM

I hope he pulls a hammy!

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2014, 06:06 PM

Will definitely do.

paulxu
11-22-2014, 06:46 AM
It probably doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme, but it's fun to look at RPI and see that our conference only has 1 loss in all the games we've played.

waggy
11-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Providence with a big lead at the half over Florida St. today.

But Marquette trails Omaha at the half. At home. Yikes.

xubrew
11-26-2014, 12:33 AM
Providence with a big lead at the half over Florida St. today.

But Marquette trails Omaha at the half. At home. Yikes.

Marquette had to sweat out NJIT last night.

I think Marquette might be absolutely terrible. Most people probably do think that. But, I seriously doubt any Marquette fans think that.

PMI
11-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Marquette had to sweat out NJIT last night.

I think Marquette might be absolutely terrible. Most people probably do think that. But, I seriously doubt any Marquette fans think that.

It's important to note that NJIT isn't some decent team that people don't know about. They are bad. Really bad. Marquette went down to the final minute with them at home. If that's a remote indication of who they are this year, they will be duking it out with DePaul for a spot in the dungeon. Hell, they might even be comfortably below DePaul. NJIT? Marquette looks to be a disaster. At least better times appear to be on the horizon.

MADXSTER
11-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Marquette looks to be a disaster. At least better times appear to be on the horizon.

But Marquette is still better than Fordham

X-band '01
11-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Better than Fordham and George Mason, but that's not saying much.

If anyone should be on the NJIT bandwagon, shouldn't it be independent extraordinare MHettel?

xubrew
11-26-2014, 01:50 PM
But Marquette is still better than Fordham

This is true. Their team is better, but their fans are worse. Then again, Fordham had no fans, so....

xubrew
11-26-2014, 02:48 PM
The league is now 37-2, and teams like Nova and Butler have racked up some pretty notable wins. 9-0 overall in neutral floor games. Still, I don't think anyone has played a true road game yet, but we're off to about as good a start as you could hope for.

D-West & PO-Z
11-26-2014, 02:50 PM
The league is now 37-2, and teams like Nova and Butler have racked up some pretty notable wins. 9-0 overall in neutral floor games. Still, I don't think anyone has played a true road game yet, but we're off to about as good a start as you could hope for.

Marquette played at OSU

bobbiemcgee
11-26-2014, 03:34 PM
"We have a bunch of guys tired of going to these Thanksgiving tournaments and coming up the turkey," Mack said.

Hopefully, will change.

Masterofreality
11-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Still, I don't think anyone has played a true road game yet,

THAT 's good scheduling!

Cheesehead
11-28-2014, 12:01 PM
This is true. Their team is better, but their fans are worse. Then again, Fordham had no fans, so....

What is wrong w/ Marquette fans? I was a Marquette fan long before I became a Xavier fan. I do root for X when they play each other though. I think most Marquette fans realize this could be a long tough season. Todd Mayo "mutually" left the team and thier roster is thin this season.

xukeith
11-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Marquette wins!!
X is a 7 point favorite today.
Go X!

Masterofreality
11-28-2014, 02:25 PM
What is wrong w/ Marquette fans? I was a Marquette fan long before I became a Xavier fan. I do root for X when they play each other though. I think most Marquette fans realize this could be a long tough season. Todd Mayo "mutually" left the team and thier roster is thin this season.

They do have Carmino though. Better than Mayo, who was , errr, selfish.

PMI
11-28-2014, 02:27 PM
I found the Marquette fans were pretty pleasant at our 2011 debacle against them in Cleveland. My opinion took a sharp turn, however, last year at MSG. I guess they're cool when they're winning by a shitload.

Xavier
12-12-2014, 09:00 AM
THAT 's good scheduling!

I thought you were always one to knock Syracuse for scheduling most OOC games at home?

MD Muskie
12-12-2014, 09:20 AM
I found the Marquette fans were pretty pleasant at our 2011 debacle against them in Cleveland. My opinion took a sharp turn, however, last year at MSG. I guess they're cool when they're winning by a shitload.

funny story about that 2011 game in Cleveland. At halftime when it was clear things were not looking great for us, my buddy who drove us from DC to Cleveland, was nervous as hell as he usually is with our games decided to walk the concourse and release some of pent of nervousness. (side note, my method was to get rip roaring drunk before the game which sounded like a great idea until the reality of the game smacked me in the face) Well as he was walking around the concourse he saw a group of priest talking to each other. He felt like this was a good chance to ask for some otherworldly help and decided to ask one of the priest to please say a pray for the Muskies to get them back in the game. The Priest he happened to ask replied with something along the lines of "Son I would love to help you there, however I am the president of Marquette so my prayers will be for them stay on this current path."

When told of the story i just laughed because what were the odds that something like that would have happened. It also just played right into the theme of the night in which anything we did played right into the hands of Marquette.