PDA

View Full Version : DePaul Sucks

xubrew
11-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Saying DePaul sucks is hardly news to anyone. I'd just like to point out that they're really having to sweat out UIC right now, who won just six games last year and is probably the worst team in the Horizon League.

Titanxman04
11-15-2014, 06:21 AM
Still better than Fordham?

X-band '01
11-15-2014, 06:51 AM
Someone's actually picking Fordham 6th in the A-10 this year (http://hoopshd.com/2014/11/11/conference-preview-atlantic-ten/)

At this point you just hope DePaul can rack up a few wins before they inevitably finish in the cellar. Even Creighton beat up on their opening night cupcake.

bleedXblue
11-15-2014, 07:25 AM
DePaul has sucked for 20+ years. Not sure I get it? Someone has to be the bottom of the conference.......right?

xubrew
11-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Still better than Fordham?

Ordinarily, yes. But, this year I'm not so sure. If you're only a couple of points better than UIC, you're not better than that many teams.

xubrew
11-15-2014, 09:39 AM
DePaul has sucked for 20+ years. Not sure I get it? Someone has to be the bottom of the conference.......right?

When you say you're not sure you get it, I don't know if you're talking about the same thing that I'm not sure I get.

But, I don't get DePaul. It's a good school in a basketball rich area with a centrally located alumni base. How are they so bad?? They're bad all of the time, and it literally makes no sense. You'd think that they'd be able to put together a decent team every now and then even if it was just by accident. But, they never do.

GoMuskies
11-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Water is wet.

Xville
11-15-2014, 11:20 AM
It's not really that hard to figure out. Their facilities are complete shit and they play far away from campus and in chicago with the traffic, is a complete nightmare to go to games. So they get zero fan support, and recruits don't want to go there because the facilities suck.

Juice
11-15-2014, 05:06 PM
It's not really that hard to figure out. Their facilities are complete shit and they play far away from campus and in chicago with the traffic, is a complete nightmare to go to games. So they get zero fan support, and recruits don't want to go there because the facilities suck.

Well that problem will be solved in two years

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-depaul-basketball-arena-on-track-for-winter-groundbreaking-20141015-story.html

Xville
11-15-2014, 05:25 PM
The facility will be nicer for sure..however seven miles away from campus is still an issue. Seven miles in chicago is a bit different than say seven miles in cincinnati. I have buddies that live in Lincoln Park and anything more than a mile away may as well be in canada. Hopefully it will be close enough to get some fan support, but I'll believe it when I see it

Masterofreality
11-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Water is wet.

And Ollie Purnell is still the coach.

XUFan09
11-15-2014, 06:42 PM
The facility will be nicer for sure..however seven miles away from campus is still an issue. Seven miles in chicago is a bit different than say seven miles in cincinnati. I have buddies that live in Lincoln Park and anything more than a mile away may as well be in canada. Hopefully it will be close enough to get some fan support, but I'll believe it when I see it

Just to emphasize your point, 7 miles still sucks in Cincinnati. For frame of reference, from Xavier to US Bank Arena the distance is only 4 or 5 miles, depending on route, and traffic-wise, it's pretty easy to get between those points.