PDA

View Full Version : Christian Brothers - 74, Memphis -70

xubrew
11-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Congrats to Christian Brothers, who won their exhibition game tonight against Memphis. If there is a mythical city championship, they can claim it as their own. I get that it's just an exhibition games, and that some coaches like to work on their weaknesses rather than playing to their strengths, which makes it likely that they'll lose. I don't think Memphis is one of those teams, though. To be honest I really didn't watch the game, but I just don't see Pasner taking that approach, and from what I've heard, he didn't. Memphis just got beat.

My feelings about Memphis being chronically overrated are well documented. This certainly doesn't change my mind.

PMI
11-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Damn, Memphis might only go up 2 spots in next week's rankings now.

ballyhoohoo
11-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Who was our walk on that transferred to Christian brothers?

Masterofreality
11-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Congrats to Christian Brothers, who won their exhibition game tonight against Memphis. If there is a mythical city championship, they can claim it as their own. I get that it's just an exhibition games, and that some coaches like to work on their weaknesses rather than playing to their strengths, which makes it likely that they'll lose. I don't think Memphis is one of those teams, though. To be honest I really didn't watch the game, but I just don't see Pasner taking that approach, and from what I've heard, he didn't. Memphis just got beat.

My feelings about Memphis being chronically overrated are well documented. This certainly doesn't change my mind.

Damn, Memphis might only go up 2 spots in next week's rankings now.

Pastner- Media pal, terrible coach. Derek Kellogg is too I still submit.

xavierj
11-13-2014, 07:05 AM
Christian Brothers has 5 players from the Cincy area, 3 who played at Lasalle. I think the coach is from Cincinnati as well.

X-man
11-13-2014, 08:36 AM
AAAAACCCCC "powerhouse" Memphis lost Tuesday night to DII Christian Brothers University in an exhibition game. Fire away.

xubrew
11-13-2014, 08:40 AM
I have a feeling that Memphis may be overrated. I don't know, call it a hunch.

GoMuskies
11-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Syracuse lost to Lemoyne one year and then started the year about 20-0. Xavier lost to Bellarmine and still managed to have a good season. Not a good sign for them, but who knows?

xubrew
11-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Syracuse lost to Lemoyne one year and then started the year about 20-0. Xavier lost to Bellarmine and still managed to have a good season. Not a good sign for them, but who knows?

I didn't see the XU vs Bellarmine game, but I did see the Syracuse game. The big difference was that Syracuse did not play to their strengths. They specifically used it as an opportunity to work on the things they don't do well, and for the whole game they played toward the things they don't do well. They played man-to-man defense. Syracuse. Man-to-man.

From what I understand, Memphis wasn't doing anything like that. The loss doesn't mean anything, but it isn't the best indicator.

drudy23
11-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Christian Brothers has 5 players from the Cincy area, 3 who played at Lasalle. I think the coach is from Cincinnati as well.

I think one of Elder's Senior basketball players just recently signed to go there as well.

Cheesehead
11-13-2014, 12:24 PM
I think one of Elder's Senior basketball players just recently signed to go there as well.

Brad Miller from Elder and Andrew (I think ) Dieball also from Cincy area signed w/ CB. My son played AAU w/ Brad for a couple of seasons. Good shooter and when he gets going, he is fun to watch.

bearcatalyst
11-13-2014, 01:50 PM
AAAAACCCCC "powerhouse" Memphis lost Tuesday night to DII Christian Brothers University in an exhibition game. Fire away.

They finished in fifth place in the only AAC season that has ever occurred...

That said, they also lost two games this summer to Carelton--one by over 30 points. I think it's fair to expect a rocky season for the tigers.

bobbiemcgee
11-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Christian Bros. Brandy is good too.

GoMuskies
11-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Memphis has Wichita State in 5 days.

xubrew
11-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Memphis has Wichita State in 5 days.

Wichita State really needs to do a better job of scheduling quality OOC games.

PMI
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM

I wouldn't mind starting a home and home with Wichita State. I'm sure GoMuskies wouldn't mind it either.

GoMuskies
11-13-2014, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't mind starting a home and home with Wichita State. I'm sure GoMuskies wouldn't mind it either.

I mean, I guess that would be okay. You know, whatever.

Masterofreality
11-13-2014, 05:34 PM

HA! Reps.

ammtd34
11-14-2014, 09:09 AM
One of Christian Brothers' assistants played on a team with my brother and me at Sports Plus for the last 2 years. Needless to say, he is pretty pumped on Facebook.

Xville
11-14-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't think Pastner is a very good coach. With that said, Memphis has 10 newcomers this year on the team. Is that any excuse to lose to Christian Brothers if you are Memphis? No..but just a little perspective.