PDA

View Full Version : (MSOC) Your Mult-Award Winning Men's Team

Muskie
11-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Link (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/111114aaa.html)

Senior Eric Osswald (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/eric_osswald_854920.html) was named BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the Year and the Xavier men's soccer coaching staff was also recognized as the nationally-ranked Musketeers were rewarded for a successful run through the regular season on Tuesday, placing a total of five student-athletes on the league's first, second and all-rookie teams.

Osswald had ten (10) shutouts this year. Props to the backline, but Osswald had a huge year in his own right.

GIMMFD
11-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Link (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/111114aaa.html)

Senior Eric Osswald (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/eric_osswald_854920.html) was named BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the Year and the Xavier men's soccer coaching staff was also recognized as the nationally-ranked Musketeers were rewarded for a successful run through the regular season on Tuesday, placing a total of five student-athletes on the league's first, second and all-rookie teams.

Osswald had ten (10) shutouts this year. Props to the backline, but Osswald had a huge year in his own right.

Key saves in big games, the 10 shutouts weren't a coincident, Cory Brown is the only Freshmen named to first or second team, he's gonna have a great career at X, pretty good list. I'm happy with it.

Muskie
11-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Does Osswald have any pro prospects?

GIMMFD
11-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Does Osswald have any pro prospects?

Well where he played for the Columbus Crew academy, they'll have a day in early January (Matt Hill will also be invited, as will Will Walker) where everybody that played for their academy, and is graduating college will have a tryout in order to sign a home grown contract (what Matt Walker did). I also think Oswald will be invited to the MLS combine, which is also in January if I remember correctly.

Xville
11-13-2014, 10:37 AM
for those in the know, is the team safely in the ncaa tournament field even with another loss to the Hoyas? My feeling is yes, but im sure there are others here much more in the know than i am.

GIMMFD
11-13-2014, 11:12 AM
for those in the know, is the team safely in the ncaa tournament field even with another loss to the Hoyas? My feeling is yes, but im sure there are others here much more in the know than i am.

Yes, but there's no guarantee of a home game if they lose to the Hoyas. With a win on Friday, we could safely get a home game, and with two we could possibly have 2-3 home games in the NCAA tournament. It's a little different from basketball, with the bracket at only 32 teams, and first couple rounds played at home locations before the Final 4 location.

Muskie
11-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Well where he played for the Columbus Crew academy, they'll have a day in early January (Matt Hill will also be invited, as will Will Walker) where everybody that played for their academy, and is graduating college will have a tryout in order to sign a home grown contract (what Matt Walker did). I also think Oswald will be invited to the MLS combine, which is also in January if I remember correctly.

Thanks. I'm not sure what's going on with the SuperDraft this year in MLS. I know they need to figure out what to do with Chivas players first.

sgarcia
11-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Yes, but there's no guarantee of a home game if they lose to the Hoyas. With a win on Friday, we could safely get a home game, and with two we could possibly have 2-3 home games in the NCAA tournament. It's a little different from basketball, with the bracket at only 32 teams, and first couple rounds played at home locations before the Final 4 location.

I think the bracket is 48 teams with the top 16 seeds getting a bye.

sgarcia
11-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks. I'm not sure what's going on with the SuperDraft this year in MLS. I know they need to figure out what to do with Chivas players first.

The Chivas dispersal draft is tomorrow. Everyone is available except Cubo Torres. I think MLS will make him a Designated Player. From what I read, all non playoff teams will get 2 envelopes and all playoff teams will get 1. They'll just pull out envelopes to determine the order.

GIMMFD
11-13-2014, 07:09 PM
I think the bracket is 48 teams with the top 16 seeds getting a bye.

Ahh that's what it is! I couldn't remember if it was 32 or 48, thank you!

Xtemporaneous
11-13-2014, 09:08 PM
If they do get a home game for the first (or second round) you must come to the soccer complex and cheer them on.

paulxu
11-14-2014, 10:13 PM
They beat the Hoyas tonight.