PDA

View Full Version : RE: Friday's TV -- Define

Always Learning
11-11-2014, 03:33 PM
My schedule provided by GoXavier lists Friday's game as being televised by "Fox Sports"
What is "FOX SPORTS?"
It's not FOX 1 or FOX 2, and I assume "Fox Sports L" is Fox Cincinnati the "L" defined as "Local."
So what is plain old "FOX SPORTS?"

XU3232
11-11-2014, 03:50 PM
My schedule provided by GoXavier lists Friday's game as being televised by "Fox Sports"
What is "FOX SPORTS?"
It's not FOX 1 or FOX 2, and I assume "Fox Sports L" is Fox Cincinnati the "L" defined as "Local."
So what is plain old "FOX SPORTS?"

It is technically on Fox College Sports- Atlantic.

I have DirecTv and as far as I know I am screwed because I can't even find the channel on the Guide. You'll probably have better luck if you have Time Warner Cable or Uverse... if anyone has DirecTV and knows for sure what channel it will be on please advise.

kyxu
11-11-2014, 04:00 PM

I have DirecTv and as far as I know I am screwed because I can't even find the channel on the Guide. You'll probably have better luck if you have Time Warner Cable or Uverse... if anyone has DirecTV and knows for sure what channel it will be on please advise.

I have Uverse, and it is indeed on Fox College Sports Atlantic in standard definition. Not to bitch and moan (ok, I will), but the Xavier game is on just one channel in standard definition whereas I can get the St. John's-NJIT game on three different channels in HD. I live in Michigan.

Porkopolis
11-11-2014, 04:17 PM

I have DirecTv and as far as I know I am screwed because I can't even find the channel on the Guide. You'll probably have better luck if you have Time Warner Cable or Uverse... if anyone has DirecTV and knows for sure what channel it will be on please advise. edit: Nuts is right about the channel numbers. They don't always show up in the guide until the day or two before.

nuts4xu
11-11-2014, 04:37 PM
For Directv, Fox College Sports- Atlantic is supposed to be channels 617, 623, or 626. Which is great news, but none of those channels show up on my channel guide. Therefore, I have no earthly idea what channel this game will be on. I am guessing Directv will have it on somewhere, they usually do.

It just sucks when we hear all games are on TV, yet you have to search high and low to figure out what channel they are televised.

What a cluster-f**k.

xuinmd
11-11-2014, 04:52 PM
for dish

it will be on dish 453 or 412-41 on the hopper available if you have the sports package which I do not have. I'll be looking for someone who has sling or try to find one of the streaming sites

GoMuskies
11-11-2014, 04:56 PM
It just sucks when we hear all games are on TV, yet you have to search high and low to figure out what channel they are televised.

First world problem. Two minutes of searching beats the hell out of driving to the bar, hoping you could find someone who wasn't an idiot working at the bar, and waiting 15 minutes while they searched for the game. Things have improved immensely in the last decade or so!

STL_XUfan
11-11-2014, 05:35 PM
First world problem. Two minutes of searching beats the hell out of driving to the bar, hoping you could find someone who wasn't an idiot working at the bar, and waiting 15 minutes while they searched for the game. Things have improved immensely in the last decade or so!
In all fairness, the latter problem was also a decidedly first world problem.

Masterofreality
11-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Yep. Fox College Sports Atlantic. Channel 647 on your Uverse Standard Definition dial. 7:00pm Friday.

XU3232
11-11-2014, 05:41 PM
edit: Nuts is right about the channel numbers. They don't always show up in the guide until the day or two before.

Ok cool, thanks for the info guys!

Always Learning
11-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Ok cool, thanks for the info guys!

Ditto for me. I have Uverse and so I'll pour a John Jameson on the rocks at 5;5 CT and watch with great anticipation.

Go Xavier

sirthought
11-11-2014, 07:23 PM
For those who want a nice stream option, there will be a VLC player link posted near gametime. I did this a few times last season. It was much nicer than working through the other streaming sites that have a million ad pop ups (or freezes with ad blockers). It was often a Fox feed that had no commercials, which is always a bonus.

Check on the Wiziwig forum in their standard game listed links, organized by Other streams > NCAA > and then that given week of the season.

SC in DC
11-11-2014, 08:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken it's Pitino vs Pitino at 7 on ESPN on Friday also. How do you think our ratings will stack up?? lol!

Masterofreality
11-12-2014, 08:23 AM
If I'm not mistaken it's Pitino vs Pitino at 7 on ESPN on Friday also. How do you think our ratings will stack up?? lol!

We're on Fox College Sports Atlantic of the Midwestern Northern Hemisphere. On Channel 234,365.

Should be a massive audience. :smile:

xubrew
11-12-2014, 08:51 AM

For Directv, Fox College Sports- Atlantic is supposed to be channels 617, 623, or 626. Which is great news, but none of those channels show up on my channel guide. Therefore, I have no earthly idea what channel this game will be on. I am guessing Directv will have it on somewhere, they usually do.

What a cluster-f**k.

I like DirecTV, but this is the one thing they do that literally makes no sense.

There are three Fox College Sports Networks: FCS Atlantic, FCS Midwest (I think), and FCS Pacfic.

Okay, great. There are three Fox College Channels on Directv, which are currently 617, 623 and 626.

Simple logic would dictate that DirecTV would be using those three channels to broadcast those three networks. Except...they don't. Now, part of the issue is that 95% of the programming that the FCS College networks picks up is on another Fox Sports Network, (FSN Ohio, Cincinnati, Detroit, South, etc). So, they don't have much in the way of exclusive programming, but they do have some.

What's crazy is that sometimes 617 is showing FCS Atlantic. A few hours later, it will be showing FCS Pacfic. Sometimes both 617 and 626 are showing FCS Midwest, and none of them are showing FCS Atlantic. I don't understand that at all, and have actually asked why this is in the past, and have not gotten an explanation other than they broadcast the feeds that Fox sends them. I don't really know what that means. There are three channels and three networks, yet the networks aren't consistently shown on the channels.

I'd say there is a very good chance the game will end up being on, and DirecTV customers can see it. But, there is a small chance that they won't be able to.

MADXSTER
11-12-2014, 09:45 AM
These are great problems to have. Every game is on TV. Now just need to find which channel it is on. :)

XUOHTX
11-12-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm a DirecTV customer, currently without the sports pack. I'm still banking on streaming the game on the Fox Sports Go app (using another person's login).

nuts4xu
11-12-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm a DirecTV customer, currently without the sports pack. I'm still banking on streaming the game on the Fox Sports Go app (using another person's login).

This is the American way!! Good luck!

Kahns Krazy
11-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Friday's TV:

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/TGI_Fridays_Interior_01.jpg

nasdadjr
11-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know what channel it would be on Cincinnati Bell Fioptics or if it is even on there at all?

THRILLHOUSE
11-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know what channel it would be on Cincinnati Bell Fioptics or if it is even on there at all?

Based on what I see on their channel lineup, if you subscribe to the Max package, then you should get Fox College Sports Atlantic.

http://www.cincinnatibell.com/tv/channels-fioptics.asp

XU3232
11-12-2014, 12:16 PM
I like DirecTV, but this is the one thing they do that literally makes no sense.

There are three Fox College Sports Networks: FCS Atlantic, FCS Midwest (I think), and FCS Pacfic.

Okay, great. There are three Fox College Channels on Directv, which are currently 617, 623 and 626.

Simple logic would dictate that DirecTV would be using those three channels to broadcast those three networks. Except...they don't. Now, part of the issue is that 95% of the programming that the FCS College networks picks up is on another Fox Sports Network, (FSN Ohio, Cincinnati, Detroit, South, etc). So, they don't have much in the way of exclusive programming, but they do have some.

What's crazy is that sometimes 617 is showing FCS Atlantic. A few hours later, it will be showing FCS Pacfic. Sometimes both 617 and 626 are showing FCS Midwest, and none of them are showing FCS Atlantic. I don't understand that at all, and have actually asked why this is in the past, and have not gotten an explanation other than they broadcast the feeds that Fox sends them. I don't really know what that means. There are three channels and three networks, yet the networks aren't consistently shown on the channels.

I'd say there is a very good chance the game will end up being on, and DirecTV customers can see it. But, there is a small chance that they won't be able to.

Completely agree... makes absolutely no sense at all. If you or anyone else gets an update on what channel (if any) it will be on for DirecTv, please let us know and I'll do the same... can't make it it Cintas for this one and can't miss it on TV either. Thanks!

BlueGuy
11-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Hopefully Xavier will tweet out a graphic on Gameday that says what ch DTV will broadcast the game on. I loved those graphics last year. They came in handy on games like this one, where no one was really sure where to find the game on TV.

Masterofreality
11-12-2014, 01:40 PM
These are great problems to have. Every game is on TV. Now just need to find which channel it is on. :)

No kidding. I remember when I was scrambling around to find a game on the RADIO other than WVXU.

waggy
11-12-2014, 03:47 PM
I believe the Fox College regional sports channels are designed more for cable providers that don't fit into a specific market. They aren't channels marketed to the satelite providers.

It is odd though when X games get put on these channels instead of on Fox Ohio.

xubrew
11-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Completely agree... makes absolutely no sense at all. If you or anyone else gets an update on what channel (if any) it will be on for DirecTv, please let us know and I'll do the same... can't make it it Cintas for this one and can't miss it on TV either. Thanks!

Chances are it will be on one of the channels DirecTV designates for FCS. It's also possible that an FSN affiliate may pick it up as well.

Always Learning
11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
No kidding. I remember when I was scrambling around to find a game on the RADIO other than WVXU.
That be true. I recall sitting in the car on a hill to try and pick up games on opponents radio stations. But then, that streak of Krajack thru Baker era's wasn't very appealing to a station to carry XU games.
Pretty heady stuff up there MOR with the Brownies in first place in November. Watched the Bengal game and it was like watching the Brown glory days (and there were many in the past). Good luck Sunday, these Texans are a huge over-rated bunch, but RB Foster is a gem, and JJ Watt is a freak.
Go Xavier.

Masterofreality
11-12-2014, 04:43 PM
That be true. I recall sitting in the car on a hill to try and pick up games on opponents radio stations. But then, that streak of Krajack thru Baker era's wasn't very appealing to a station to carry XU games.
Pretty heady stuff up there MOR with the Brownies in first place in November. Watched the Bengal game and it was like watching the Brown glory days (and there were many in the past). Good luck Sunday, these Texans are a huge over-rated bunch, but RB Foster is a gem, and JJ Watt is a freak.
Go Xavier.

Thanks AL. Whatever happened to Red Pitcher on WSAI?

Yeah, YOUR Houston Oilers.......errrrrr Texans up here on Sunday. I remember those epic Browns/Oilers battles with Battering Ram Earl Campbell and some snow filled games up here. Our own Eddie Biles was a Oilers Head Coach and you were the Public Relations Man. Good Times.

JTG
11-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Fox Ohio in Indy on Uverse is showing the Bluejackets on Fri. F.ck It.

toledodan
11-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Fox Ohio in Indy on Uverse is showing the Bluejackets on Fri. F.ck It.

fox ohio isn't doing the game friday. it's on fox college sports on 647 UVERSE. search engine on uverse is a nice feature.

JTG
11-13-2014, 10:37 AM
fox ohio isn't doing the game friday. it's on fox college sports on 647 UVERSE. search engine on uverse is a nice feature.

Thanks TD, when I looked last night I didn't see that.

Strange Brew
11-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Game's on DISH channel 412-41

toledodan
11-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks TD, when I looked last night I didn't see that.

no problem

gladdenguy
11-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Anybody know about Time Warner?

Denver Muskie
11-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Anybody know about Time Warner?

I believe it's 319. Standard definition only.

coasterville95
11-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Good thing I get to watch it in Super 3DXD.

At least its better than the hampster wheel Time Warner Sports Channel run by the high school AV Club, right? right?

STL_XUfan
11-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Good thing I get to watch it in Super 3DXD.

At least its better than the hampster wheel Time Warner Sports Channel run by the high school AV Club, right? right?

You laugh, but this TV deal has literally put hundreds of Hamsters out of work. Those were good paying middle class jobs that are now gone and not coming back. Some of those poor hamsters have been forced to turn to a life of drugs and street performing:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-INfAw0OV9Q/TPXX96ieI2I/AAAAAAAAA6s/0QKNX6LgaSE/s1600/hamster06.jpg

MADXSTER
11-13-2014, 05:03 PM
you laugh, but this tv deal has literally put hundreds of hamsters out of work. Those were good paying middle class jobs that are now gone and not coming back. Some of those poor hamsters have been forced to turn to a life of drugs and street performing:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-infaw0ov9q/tpxx96iei2i/aaaaaaaaa6s/0qknx6lgase/s1600/hamster06.jpg

not street performing. Say it ain't so!!

XU-PA
11-14-2014, 06:14 AM
anyone find the broadcast on Direct TV yet? I see a bunch of "To Be Announced" but the only Xavier showing up on search is the Long Beach game

94GRAD
11-14-2014, 07:06 AM
533 on TWC in Northern Kentucky

paulxu
11-14-2014, 07:13 AM
So, the local cable (Charter) decides to switch our game for Georgia Tech. Serious bummer.
Will be listening and live chatting I hope.

jhelmes37
11-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Yep. Fox College Sports Atlantic. Channel 647 on your Uverse Standard Definition dial. 7:00pm Friday.

Dude! Thanks so much! I have Uverse, and I couldn't find it anywhere. You rock, man!

94GRAD
11-14-2014, 07:18 AM
So, the local cable (Charter) decides to switch our game for Georgia Tech. Serious bummer.
Will be listening and live chatting I hope.

It will be streaming on the Fox Sports Go App based on my listings.

Muskied
11-14-2014, 07:56 AM

Fox Sports Go App is the way to go....should be available. It would be great if FSG offered subscriptions to the App like other networks to for theirs....you wouldn't need to worry about what channels you get at that point.

jhelmes37
11-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Just had to upgrade Uverse from the 300 to the 450 package just to get this obscure channel. Running a promo. First 3 months of the switch are free.

Which means it ends on 2/14.

Perfect! Then it'll be time to cancel anyways............

Cheers to the season, ladies and gents.

Let's run this bitch.

Titanxman04
11-14-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm on the phone with DirecTV currently. Woman has no idea what I'm talking about. I keep saying Fox College Sports Atlantic and she tells me she has MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network). Yeah, thats great and all, but not what I'm looking for. Twenty minutes and we're having the same discussion.

GoMuskies
11-14-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm on the phone with DirecTV currently. Woman has no idea what I'm talking about. I keep saying Fox College Sports Atlantic and she tells me she has MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network). Yeah, thats great and all, but not what I'm looking for. Twenty minutes and we're having the same discussion.

Hope you get good news. A recent spin through the guide met with very disappointing results. I have the Sports package and for some reason still buy ESPN Full Court. Nothing.

BMoreX
11-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Haha masn

94GRAD
11-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Channels for tonight's game on Fox College Sports at 7:00pm-

Uverse - 647
DirecTV- 617
DISH - 412
TWC - 319
TWC N. Kentucky- 533

coasterville95
11-14-2014, 10:11 AM
not street performing. Say it ain't so!!

Seemed to work out ok for these guys:

http://hampsterdance.com/classics/originaldance.htm

Titanxman04
11-14-2014, 10:12 AM

Uverse - 647
DirecTV- 617
DISH - 412
TWC - 319
TWC N. Kentucky- 533

After thirty minutes on the phone with DirecTV customer service, I'm STILL not getting anywhere. Ended up ordering and then canceling the sports package. It's not on there. She went through ALL the channels they had and said they don't have the Xavier game on any network.

I kept asking about 617. She said that they don't have that at DirecTV. I'm a little peeved. By a little, I mean a lot.

xubrew
11-14-2014, 10:48 AM
I cannot make any promises because when you rely on streaming, you have to accept that nothing is 100% reliable. Having said that, I've had very good luck with this site. Now, having said that about having said that, I've not often used it for college basketball. But, they're claiming they will have a link for the start of the game....

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/92289-Week-1-NCAA-Men-s-Basketball-2014-15-Streaming-amp-Discussion

GoMuskies
11-14-2014, 11:10 AM
MASN is showing Florida Atlantic/Elon for me. And I'm pretty sure I don't HAVE a channel 617!

ChicagoX
11-14-2014, 11:11 AM
If you have Comcast in Chicago, Fox Sports College Atlantic is channel 413, but you have to have the sports entertainment package to get this channel and it's not available in HD.

xubrew
11-14-2014, 11:14 AM
As an admitted freak that actually watches some of the Summit League games that were on Fox College Sports, this is kind of normal. MOST of the time, the game pops up right as it is supposed to be starting. It doesn't always pop up, but it usually does. So, there's a good chance DTV will end up showing it.

D-West & PO-Z
11-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I have DirecTV Sports pack and I am lost as well. I'll just keep checking back closer to game time to see if someone found it. Thanks guys.

paulxu
11-14-2014, 11:52 AM

Reps for thinking I might have a smart phone. (Although you would be mistaken)

MADXSTER
11-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Isn't there a search on Direct TV?

GoMuskies
11-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Isn't there a search on Direct TV?

Yes, and it's currently not showing this game. I assume it will show up closer to gametime, but I need to DVR the game and watch it later. This is making that tougher.

BlueGuy
11-14-2014, 04:08 PM
I have DirecTV Sports pack and I am lost as well. I'll just keep checking back closer to game time to see if someone found it. Thanks guys.

I have literally every package they offer (except male soccer and NBA), and Xavier is not listed anywhere. This is so F'ing disappointing. If this game doesn't show up on my TV, it will absolutely ruin my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jweinka
11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
\http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/92289-Week-1-NCAA-Men-s-Basketball-2014-15-Streaming-amp-Discussion
has a few links put up for live streaming. They are "copy to VLC" links, anyone know how they work?

BlueGuy
11-14-2014, 04:10 PM

Uverse - 647
DirecTV- 617
DISH - 412
TWC - 319
TWC N. Kentucky- 533

617 doesn't exist in the DTV guide for some reason. It skips from 614 to 618.

GoMuskies
11-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Luckily on DirecTV I can watch Georgia/Georgia Tech and NJIT/St. John's on about 20 channels each. Yippee!!

BMoreX
11-14-2014, 04:16 PM
So at my house I checked yesterday on FCS Atlantic and it has the Xavier game. Since I won't be home, I log in with my cable info to FSGO today and see if I can watch the Xavier game. Nope not on there. What?

Jesuit4Life
11-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Not sure how useful it is but here's a channel finder: http://fcs.channelfinder.net/v2/framework.aspx

Reps for thinking I might have a smart phone. (Although you would be mistaken)
FOX Sports Go (http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/) is available on your computer too, but you need to either already have the channel or have the login of someone who does.

\http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/92289-Week-1-NCAA-Men-s-Basketball-2014-15-Streaming-amp-Discussion
has a few links put up for live streaming. They are "copy to VLC" links, anyone know how they work?
You have to install VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/#download) or comparable software if you're on a phone/tablet. Follow the instructions in the 2nd post.

Jweinka
11-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Okay so I have already downloaded the VLC player. So then you click on one of the 3 links and it will download and automatically open with the VLC player?

paulxu
11-14-2014, 04:57 PM
FOX Sports Go (http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/) is available on your computer too, but you need to either already have the channel or have the login of someone who does.

As far as I can tell only works with Windows computers running 8 with touch screens, like tablets.
Not on my old piece of crap.

Ledgewood
11-14-2014, 05:00 PM
This happens every year with 2-3 games. It's infuriating. Why do they even bother sending employees to the games to set up a broadcast if they are just not going to air the games on half the providers? This is so stupid and is the reason that Fox Sports Ohio blocked me on facebook.

paulxu
11-14-2014, 05:03 PM
And even if I had a device that would run Fox Sports Go...my crappy cable provider (Charter) is no yet a "Fox Sports Go" partner.

BlueGuy
11-14-2014, 05:15 PM
And even if I had a device that would run Fox Sports Go...my crappy cable provider (Charter) is no yet a "Fox Sports Go" partner.

Is DirecTV a listed provider now? Last time I checked, they were not.

Jesuit4Life
11-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Okay so I have already downloaded the VLC player. So then you click on one of the 3 links and it will download and automatically open with the VLC player?
Did you install it too? Right click one of the links (depending on your internet speed -- higher 'k' = faster speed needed) and copy the link. Then open VLC, go to 'Media' in upper left and select 'Open Network Stream..." Paste the link (CtrL+V) and click Play. Wait a few seconds and the stream should start playing.

As far as I can tell only works with Windows computers running 8 with touch screens, like tablets.
Not on my old piece of crap.
I'm on a Windows 7 desktop but I get what you mean, sorry Paul. Maybe the stream above with VLC will work for you.

XU Cowbell Kid
11-14-2014, 05:21 PM

I just downloaded the app, found the Xavier game, clicked on it, put in my cable provider (Xfinity) and then the game disappeared! Apparently it isn't available to Xfinity customers. I am beyond pissed. It sounds like a lot of us are getting screwed.

XU-PA
11-14-2014, 05:28 PM
the fox go app has an option of giving you a free view, 2 hours. that's the only way you can get if you have direct tv

paulxu
11-14-2014, 05:29 PM
I have a Kindle Fire. Thought I might get it that way. No go. Amazon says it won't work on my Kindle for some reason. Maybe they know I'm a Charter subscriber. Here's their list of Fox Sports Go partners. Comcast Xfinity is listed as one. And Time Warner.

• AT&T U-verse
• Bright House
• Cable One
• Cablevision Optimum
• Comcast XFINITY
• COX
• Mediacom
• Midcontinent Communications
• Suddenlink
• Time Warner Cable
• WOW!

XU3232
11-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Is DirecTV a listed provider now? Last time I checked, they were not.

You might be able to click on " watch now temporary pass"... That's what I'm going to try and do because DirecTv is not listed as a provider.

Strange Brew
11-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Live chat???

XU3232
11-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Do you have to sign up for that pass right at the time you want to use the 2 hours or can you sign up now and start it at 7?

XU Cowbell Kid
11-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Did you install it too? Right click one of the links (depending on your internet speed -- higher 'k' = faster speed needed) and copy the link. Then open VLC, go to 'Media' in upper left and select 'Open Network Stream..." Paste the link (CtrL+V) and click Play. Wait a few seconds and the stream should start playing.

I'm on a Windows 7 desktop but I get what you mean, sorry Paul. Maybe the stream above with VLC will work for you.

The VLC is working like a charm for me. Even if Fox Sports is gonna let me down, I always know VLC will back me up.

Masterofreality
11-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Another reason for UVerse! :-)

Jweinka
11-14-2014, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=Jesuit4Life;467167]Did you install it too? Right click one of the links (depending on your internet speed -- higher 'k' = faster speed needed) and copy the link. Then open VLC, go to 'Media' in upper left and select 'Open Network Stream..." Paste the link (CtrL+V) and click Play. Wait a few seconds and the stream should start playing.

I did that, and a box popped up with error messages. Is that happening because the stream hasn't been activated yet?

Jesuit4Life
11-14-2014, 05:49 PM
I did that, and a box popped up with error messages. Is that happening because the stream hasn't been activated yet?

Sure that you copied the full link? You might need to adjust VLC with the instructions in the 2nd post.
It's up and running right now - I'm testing the 3964k stream and looks great.

XU Cowbell Kid
11-14-2014, 05:49 PM

Mine is working. To recap:

1) Go to http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/92289-Week-1-NCAA-Men-s-Basketball-2014-15-Streaming-amp-Discussion
2) Find the Xavier game.
3) Right click on the orange link based on your internet speed (higher number = faster internet)
4) Select "Copy Link Address" or "Copy Link URL" or whatever your browser's option is
5) Open VLC
6) Click the "Media" menu
7) Select "Open Network Stream"
8) Paste (Ctrl+V) the URL you just copied from the website
9) Hit play.

Jweinka
11-14-2014, 05:53 PM
I uninstalled VLC player and then re-installed it and now its working perfect! That 3964K is crystal clear! Thanks for the help!

paulxu
11-14-2014, 05:54 PM
OK, I followed all the experts above. Actually got the VLC program loaded, and linked to I hope the right stream. (On a Windows 7 netbook)
So far watching some UMass thing at 6:53. Hoping for X at 7:00.

The picture however does break up a lot (double imaging/freeze). Oh well.

Thanks guys!

Jweinka
11-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Well, it has UMASS student athlete's talking...that can't be the right link, is it?
Here is what I copied and pate: http://ftve1100-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/217045/fcsa/3964k/prog.m3u8

Jesuit4Life
11-14-2014, 05:57 PM
OK, I followed all the experts above. Actually got the VLC program loaded, and linked to I hope the right stream. (On a Windows 7 netbook)
So far watching some UMass thing at 6:53. Hoping for X at 7:00.

The picture however does break up a lot (double imaging/freeze). Oh well.

Thanks guys!

You might also have to adjust VLC using the instructions in the 2nd post (http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/92289-Week-1-NCAA-Men-s-Basketball-2014-15-Streaming-amp-Discussion?p=1734236#post1734236) or copy one of the lower 'k' links if your internet isn't fast enough.
We're all getting Umess on TV and online too.

paulxu
11-14-2014, 06:01 PM
I see glow sticks!

OTRMUSKIE
11-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Guys you can watch it on fox sports go app too! TWC is no added and I have it on rt now

OTRMUSKIE
11-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Nevermind it went away :(

XU-PA
11-14-2014, 06:09 PM
the fox go 2 free preview working great!!!!

American X
11-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Jesuit4Life and XU Cowbell Kid - cheers for the assist with getting a stream up.

XU-PA
11-14-2014, 07:40 PM
and then with 10 minutes left, the fox sports go feed completely died

xu82
11-14-2014, 07:59 PM
and then with 10 minutes left, the fox sports go feed completely died

You missed it? Big come back - we lost by 25.

xu82
11-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Maybe not....

BlueGuy
11-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Mine is working. To recap:

1) Go to http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/92289-Week-1-NCAA-Men-s-Basketball-2014-15-Streaming-amp-Discussion
2) Find the Xavier game.
3) Right click on the orange link based on your internet speed (higher number = faster internet)
4) Select "Copy Link Address" or "Copy Link URL" or whatever your browser's option is
5) Open VLC
6) Click the "Media" menu
7) Select "Open Network Stream"
8) Paste (Ctrl+V) the URL you just copied from the website
9) Hit play.

Thanks for this info. I was having a nervous breakdown at about 6:50, before I read this. I downloaded that player, and it worked perfectly. Thanks!