PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Crawford - Signs in China

mistabeecee41
09-18-2014, 08:44 AM
welp, looks like that attitude finally got the best of him.

http://www.sportando.com/en/world/asia/135039/xinjiang-flying-tigers-finalized-mega-deal-with-jordan-crawford.html

Woodburn
09-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Just read somewhere that the Chinese season ends before the NBA begins. So, there's a chance he could improve his stock while cashing checks.

GoMuskies
09-18-2014, 09:00 AM
That doesn't seem possible if he is just signing now.

Juice
09-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Here are the key words: "He may have signed a contract up to $2.000.000."

If it's anywhere near the 2 million then that's probably about a million more than he would have gotten from an NBA team.

GoMuskies
09-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Jordan Crawford living in China should be a reality show. Everything about that has trainwreck written all over it, and that would make for great TV.

mistabeecee41
09-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Jordan Crawford living in China should be a reality show. Everything about that has trainwreck written all over it, and that would make for great TV.

or the Chinese will become fascinated with him and he will become a Hasselhoff-esque god-like figure. One of these extremes will happen, nothing in between.

GoMuskies
09-18-2014, 09:15 AM
or the Chinese will become fascinated with him and he will become a Hasselhoff-esque god-like figure.

That's an interesting plot twist. If we could have him be a complete trainwreck who is accorded Hasselhof status, clips from this Jordan Crawford reality show would absolutely dominate The Soup every week.

Juice
09-18-2014, 09:19 AM
or the Chinese will become fascinated with him and he will become a Hasselhoff-esque god-like figure. One of these extremes will happen, nothing in between.

The Chinese basketball fans already have a god, it is Stephon Marbury. http://deadspin.com/5909908/stephon-marbury-statue-officially-unveiled-in-china-dennis-rodman-gives-dedication-speech

GoMuskies
09-18-2014, 09:23 AM
The Chinese basketball fans already have a god, it is Stephon Marbury. http://deadspin.com/5909908/stephon-marbury-statue-officially-unveiled-in-china-dennis-rodman-gives-dedication-speech

My favorite part is that Marbury is wearing a t-shirt with a picture of his statue.

ballyhoohoo
09-18-2014, 09:28 AM
When does the season run? I'm in china three or four times a year, might have to catch a game

BMoreX
09-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Tu Holloway @SFFiveTu
That boy gon get 75 a night in China..

Milhouse
09-18-2014, 02:30 PM
It's amazing that Lance got 45 mil and Crawford is in China. Would've never guessed that when they both went into the league. Wasted talent man

MHettel
09-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Maybe the chinese word for "booo!" is "shoot!"

That should work perfectly

paulxu
09-18-2014, 03:27 PM
When does the season run? I'm in china three or four times a year, might have to catch a game

He's already penciled in as the starting PG.

http://basketball.asia-basket.com/team/China/Xinjiang_Flying_Tigers/4369

Playing with Wei, Fei, Qi and Dong.

I have no earthly idea where this place is. Xinjiang seems to be the name of a province more than a city.
I've been to Bejing and Hong Kong a lot, but this place looks to be in the middle of nowhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang

ballyhoohoo
09-18-2014, 03:38 PM
He's already penciled in as the starting PG.

http://basketball.asia-basket.com/team/China/Xinjiang_Flying_Tigers/4369

Playing with Wei, Fei, Qi and Dong.

I have no earthly idea where this place is. Xinjiang seems to be the name of a province more than a city.
I've been to Bejing and Hong Kong a lot, but this place looks to be in the middle of nowhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang

Yeah. That's way in the inner provinces. I'm usually in Xiamen, Gaungzhou, Zhuhai, Beijing and Hong Kong.

Might have to have my chinese colleagues figure something out.

mistabeecee41
09-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Yeah. That's way in the inner provinces. I'm usually in Xiamen, Gaungzhou, Zhuhai, Beijing and Hong Kong.

Might have to have my chinese colleagues figure something out.

If you scroll down under the roster, looks like it says they play in Urumqi.

MHettel
09-18-2014, 04:37 PM

Oh, that helps

danaandvictory
09-18-2014, 06:23 PM

Yeah, but it's not THAT Urumqi. It's the other one.

xavierj
09-18-2014, 07:26 PM
It's amazing that Lance got 45 mil and Crawford is in China. Would've never guessed that when they both went into the league. Wasted talent man

I would take Crawford. He has never been in trouble and never has beaten a women. Oh and I think he is doing just fine financially. I have never understood the hate some people have for him. He provided one of the most exciting xavier seasons I have ever witnessed.

NY44
09-18-2014, 07:33 PM
This move seems weird. He really couldn't get an NBA deal?

XUOWNSUC
09-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Oh and I think he is doing just fine financially. I have never understood the hate some people have for him. He provided one of the most exciting xavier seasons I have ever witnessed.

Agreed. I don't get the hate. What's wrong with $2 million a year?

nuts4xu
09-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Agreed. I don't get the hate. What's wrong with $2 million a year?

Not a damn thing...and I would bet he makes it back to the NBA before he hangs up his basketball shoes.

ballyhoohoo
09-19-2014, 05:55 AM
If my company offered me double my annual to go work in our china office a few years I would do it in a heart beat. Doubling your salary doesn't happen often

Masterofreality
09-19-2014, 06:55 AM
Maybe the Chinese can figure out what language Jordan speaks.

Milhouse
09-19-2014, 07:25 AM
It's more perception than anything, to some that matters to others not so much. He'll get much more money and playing time overseas in a lesser league than he would riding the bench in the league.

I'm sure had multiple offers in the NBA but they were probably minnimum salary and only 1 year deals. Smarter move financially to take more money if you're only doing a 1 year deal.

GoMuskies
09-19-2014, 08:13 AM
You've got to factor in the reality show money as well.

paulxu
09-19-2014, 08:19 AM
I hope this is not like Dennis Rodman going to North Korea.

casualfan
09-19-2014, 08:40 AM
I would take Crawford. He has never been in trouble and never has beaten a women. Oh and I think he is doing just fine financially. I have never understood the hate some people have for him. He provided one of the most exciting xavier seasons I have ever witnessed.

And that would be a bad decision. Despite the fact that Crawford is a musketeer he's not exactly what you look for in an NBA guard.

Not many guys playing the guard spots in the league who are bad outside shooters and play 0 defense.

I love Craw, but he's just not a very good NBA player and as others have mentioned he's probably better off getting a big paycheck overseas than taking the vet minimum in the league.

94GRAD
09-19-2014, 09:36 AM
I would rather make the minimum in the NBA for an entire career than 2 mil overseas for a year or two. Long money(NBA pension) is better than short money in my opinion.

casualfan
09-19-2014, 09:59 AM
I would rather make the minimum in the NBA for an entire career than 2 mil overseas for a year or two. Long money(NBA pension) is better than short money in my opinion.

Might want to read up on the NBA Pension
(http://www.answers.com/Q/How_does_NBA_player_qualify_for_NBA_pension) and how it works.

For the 6 months he would have played in the NBA this year he'd have added $1,836 per year to his pension.

I can't find exactly what the veteran minimum would be this year, but it looks to be right around a mil for a guy in his service situation.

He'd have to live roughly 555 years after he hangs it up for that extra $1800 to equal the extra mil he's making in China. Some of those number are guesstimates, but you get the idea.

94GRAD
09-19-2014, 10:07 AM

Might want to read up on the NBA Pension
(http://www.answers.com/Q/How_does_NBA_player_qualify_for_NBA_pension) and how it works.

For the 6 months he would have played in the NBA this year he'd have added $1,836 per year to his pension.

I can't find exactly what the veteran minimum would be this year, but it looks to be right around a mil for a guy in his service situation.

He'd have to live roughly 555 years after he hangs it up for that extra $1800 to equal the extra mil he's making in China. Some of those number are guesstimates, but you get the idea.

That's why I qualified the statement

Mel Cooley XU'81
09-19-2014, 11:39 AM

Greek (League) to me.

SM#24
09-19-2014, 03:13 PM

I find this to be a racist statement; I think MOR should be placed on the Xavier Hoops reserve exemption list

Masterofreality
09-19-2014, 08:45 PM
I find this to be a racist statement; I think MOR should be placed on the Xavier Hoops reserve exemption list

Not at all. You do remember the court side interview that Jordan "held" with Jim Day? It was a mush mouthed embarrassment.

Mush Mouthing is not limited to any race. I was in West Virginia three days this week. I'm not sure what I heard there either.

xu82
09-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Not at all. You do remember the court side interview that Jordan "held" with Jim Day? It was a mush mouthed embarrassment.

Mush Mouthing is not limited to any race. I was in West Virginia three days this week. I'm not sure what I heard there either.

Mush Mouthers are not a protected class. Yet.

gladdenguy
09-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Maybe the chinese word for "booo!" is "shoot!"

That should work perfectly

I never thought I would say Lance has more desire, heart, and a better head on his shoulders than Jordan Crawford. But back then I was just realizing how much of a prick Jordan Crawford was and will always be. Great talent but a prick.....along with his right hand man Mark Lyons. I don't miss either one.

MHettel
09-19-2014, 10:59 PM
Yeah, the more I see and hear about Crawford off the court, I just realize how much he's wasting his immense talent.

My first impression of him just came from the XU games I watched, and since then it's just embarrassing.

Do I have these facts straight?

2014- China
2013- GS Warriors / BOS Celtics
2012- BOS Celtics / DC Wizards
2011- DC Wizards / ATL Hawks
2010- ATL Hawks
2009- Xavier
2008- TRANSFER YEAR
2007- Indiana

Is that 7 different teams in 8 years?

Juice
09-20-2014, 02:03 AM
Take it easy everyone, Lance is just taller and more athletic. Nothing to be shocked about.

mistabeecee41
09-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Andray Blatche just signed with the same team. This reality show thing needs to happen.

Masterofreality
09-20-2014, 07:20 PM
This tells me all I need to know about Crawford now.

"@jcraw55: jameis Winston jus stay cool for a couple more months.... you are not going to beat the school."

vee4xu
10-03-2014, 08:38 PM

Could turn into a remake version of Midnight Express.

THRILLHOUSE
10-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Here are some tweets about Crawford from a eurobasket.com writer:

"@IAmDPick Spoke to Jordan Crawford. He said the Kings extended an off-season deal, wasn't comfortable with a backup role in Sacramento."

"@IAmDPick Jordan Crawford signed a $1.4m deal in China during the summer. Said he was "overlooked in the NBA." Full read drops tomm."

"@IAmDPick In China, ex-NBAer Jordan Crawford aims for a Marbury-like brand, win the championship. Story drops tomorrow on @BBallInsiders"

ammtd34
10-22-2014, 01:04 PM
The problem with that is Marbury was a big name here. The majority of people outside of this board don't know who Jordan Crawford is.

But go for it. The results can only be entertaining.

Masterofreality
10-23-2014, 06:06 AM
I think this is a huge mistake. Stay in the NBA dude. You have more chances to make more Jack if your are a good citizen. $1.4 mil to go to China because you don't "want to be a backup" in Sacramento sounds like ego talking. What happened to competing for a job and winning it? If you do, your upside increases exponentially.

THRILLHOUSE
10-23-2014, 09:06 AM
I think this is a huge mistake. Stay in the NBA dude. You have more chances to make more Jack if your are a good citizen. $1.4 mil to go to China because you don't "want to be a backup" in Sacramento sounds like ego talking. What happened to competing for a job and winning it? If you do, your upside increases exponentially.

Agreed. But it's Jordan Crawford we are talking about, so there is nothing at all surprising about his decision or the reasoning behind it. I'll always like the guy for the great year he had at X, but he's a jackass.

PMI
10-23-2014, 10:35 AM
I absolutely loved the year we had Crawford playing at X, and was a huge fan of him then, but man is this guy unlikable. Overlooked? I watched this guy play every night when he was in Washington. He is clearly confused. What was overlooked was even the most minimal efforts both defensively and off the ball, and the notion of unselfish, winning basketball, BY HIM. All the guy cares about is his numbers. I truly believe he would be perfectly content begin on a 25 win team if he were the leading scorer and had the green light to keep the ball in his hands as much as he wanted and to take as many shots as he wanted. I saw it firsthand when we had no other options here. Then, the second our real starting PG came back and he refused to buy into a more appropriate role (which he could've succeeded in with the right attitude) he was relegated to pouting at the end of the bench. Jordan Crawford is a total waste of talent and he should view any dollar he is offered by an NBA team as charity at this point, because you simply cannot have a winning team if Jordan Crawford is a relevant part of it. It's a damn shame that this is how he has turned out, but let's face it, he was always an asshole. To this day, nobody has been more successful in coaching the guy properly and more effectively than Chris Mack.

Muskie
10-23-2014, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure what Sacremento was thinking in even wanting to bring him back...

THRILLHOUSE
10-23-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure what Sacremento was thinking in even wanting to bring him back...

Wrong No-Cal team. Crawford played for Golden State last season.

MHettel
10-23-2014, 03:03 PM
I absolutely loved the year we had Crawford playing at X, and was a huge fan of him then, but man is this guy unlikable. Overlooked? I watched this guy play every night when he was in Washington. He is clearly confused. What was overlooked was even the most minimal efforts both defensively and off the ball, and the notion of unselfish, winning basketball, BY HIM. All the guy cares about is his numbers. I truly believe he would be perfectly content begin on a 25 win team if he were the leading scorer and had the green light to keep the ball in his hands as much as he wanted and to take as many shots as he wanted. I saw it firsthand when we had no other options here. Then, the second our real starting PG came back and he refused to buy into a more appropriate role (which he could've succeeded in with the right attitude) he was relegated to pouting at the end of the bench. Jordan Crawford is a total waste of talent and he should view any dollar he is offered by an NBA team as charity at this point, because you simply cannot have a winning team if Jordan Crawford is a relevant part of it. It's a damn shame that this is how he has turned out, but let's face it, he was always an asshole. To this day, nobody has been more successful in coaching the guy properly and more effectively than Chris Mack.

Remember the Butler game during Crawford's year? The game that ended with the clock fiasco? Remember Gordon Hayward making the hustle play at the end to score the putback bucket. I recall Jordan Crawford just laying on the ground watching as Hayward made the hustle play. I called out Crawford on that and EVERYONE came to his defense and attacked me. I was just calling it like I saw it. I wonder if people were to re-watch that play wheter they would still come to his defense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VeanV6lA-M

Muskie
10-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Wrong No-Cal team. Crawford played for Golden State last season.
Sorry I thought I read he had an offer from the Kings to play this season as a back up. Thought that meant that's where he ended up last season (hard to keep track of it).

Woodburn
10-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Remember the Butler game during Crawford's year? The game that ended with the clock fiasco? Remember Gordon Hayward making the hustle play at the end to score the putback bucket. I recall Jordan Crawford just laying on the ground watching as Hayward made the hustle play. I called out Crawford on that and EVERYONE came to his defense and attacked me. I was just calling it like I saw it. I wonder if people were to re-watch that play wheter they would still come to his defense?

I remember that play well. And, no, EVERYONE didn't come to his defense. His laziness on that play was obvious and not debatable. What is also not debatable is that he was by far the best player on that team and without him that season would've have been drastically different. I also remember quite a few people on this board talking a bunch of shit about Crawford that entire year. This threads seems to somehow bolster that same sense of stupidity. Fact is, that Crawford has proven he is quite the dipshit with his conduct post-X. Fact is, he was one hell of a player when he was here. Let's not mix those two facts.

PMI
10-23-2014, 03:36 PM

Other than taking yet another opportunity to try to make yourself seem prophetic (you conveniently neglect to dig up your wrong calls but I digress) what is your point? I think everyone knew that Crawford had some issues with defense and hustle earlier in that season. The reason why I think Mack did an excellent coaching job that year was in large part due to Crawford's improvements. He benched Jordan in the Marquette game, which was before that Butler game, for not hustling. By the end of the year, Crawford was buying in, being in the right spots on defense, cutting off baselines, and overall playing harder. I was a Crawford fan in college because he was an awesome player. Frankly, he was good enough that I didn't mind dealing with some of his downsides, and by the end of the year, there really weren't any downsides left. That's not the case in the NBA. He thinks he can still (and for some reason, to a much higher degree) dominate the ball on offense and just sort of wait until the defensive possessions are over before dominating the ball again. That's why he's in China instead of in someone's rotation here, because he plays like a total asshole. At X, that was not the case, nearly to this extent. He had some moments that were frustrating then, but they were heavily overshadowed by good shooting percentages and just all around excellent offense. He never matured as a player, and I have hunch, as a person, over the past four years since, and it's gotten him to this point.

GoMuskies
10-23-2014, 03:46 PM
I also remember quite a few people on this board talking a bunch of shit about Crawford that entire year.

I found him maddening, personally. He was clearly an awesome talent, but he did some ridiculously stupid shit. Until the NCAA Tournament. He was absolutely perfect during that NCAA Tournament. Even taking into account "the Run", I am comfortable saying that his play in that NCAA Tournament was the finest three game stretch of any player in Xavier history.

Masterofreality
10-23-2014, 04:25 PM

Yeah, well. Either that or Hayward takes two hands and flagrantly flings Crawford to the floor then goes to the basket with no official call.

I'm no Crawford fan now, but nothing like revising history.

paulxu
10-23-2014, 05:15 PM
I think it would have been good for Crawford to stay at Boston under Stevens.
When asked to play point with Rondo out, he did a credible job, averaging 5.7 assist/game.
For comparison, Kyrie Irving averaged 6.1 last year.

PMI
10-23-2014, 05:28 PM
I think it would have been good for Crawford to stay at Boston under Stevens.
When asked to play point with Rondo out, he did a credible job, averaging 5.7 assist/game.
For comparison, Kyrie Irving averaged 6.1 last year.

I think those numbers are very misleading. He used to drop triple doubles in Washington, but you can believe that he was trying to do just that-- get himself a triple double. Jordan Crawford was not truly a good point guard because he never let the games come to him. He could have been, I think, but in the NBA, Brad Stevens isn't just working with a bunch of grind-it-out 3 stars who give you 110% effort. Crawford has proven he's not coachable by anyone he's played under as a professional. He tried to get his points, or rack up his assist numbers (Rondo is actually often guilty of the same thing; there IS such thing as "selfishly" trying to rack up dimes) etc. Crawford absolutely had to dominate the ball at all times, or take the most uncalled for opportunities to try to establish his own offense, in order to be effective. Crawford has always put up good numbers when he was on awful teams. The Wizards, when all their players were missing, were awful, and that's when he broke out. The Celtics were awful. His flashes in Golden State always came at the expense of the rest of the offense running smoothly. When Crawford is on the floor, the entire offense is at his mercy, while defensively you are down a guy who's going to put forth legit effort, and that is almost always a bad thing.

I thought the general mentality in China is that the good of the whole is more important than the good of yourself as an individual. If that's the case, this should be quite a show.

LA Muskie
10-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Yeah, well. Either that or Hayward takes two hands and flagrantly flings Crawford to the floor then goes to the basket with no official call.

I'm no Crawford fan now, but nothing like revising history.
I agree Hayward fouled him (although it's a call routinely not called). That still doesn't excuse Crawford chilling out on the floor as if he's watching the game from his living room.

LA Muskie
10-23-2014, 05:34 PM
PMI, for the most part I agree with you. But how exactly does someone "selfishly rack up dimes"?

PMI
10-23-2014, 06:34 PM
PMI, for the most part I agree with you. But how exactly does someone "selfishly rack up dimes"?

I'm glad you asked, because I almost delved into the explanation in the previous post. It's actually quite a fascinating yet very overlooked reality in basketball. If you ask a Boston fan, it's known as the Rajon Rondo Effect. It essentially comes back to how certain players need to monopolize the ball, and can play selfishly while hiding behind the identity of being a "distributor." The player gets so wrapped up in being the "assist guy" that he stops letting the game come to him, passes up better shots for himself (which causes a good defense to adjust of course), neglects to make better passes in situations where getting a "hockey assist" would lead to a better shot (essentially disallowing another player to get the assist), etc. Another common practice is letting the shot clock wind down to about 5 seconds before penetrating and kicking it out, leading to one of two results: an assist, or a miss. So essentially, while the player is getting assists, the rest of the players are at the mercy of how he is playing, and the offense doesn't flow as naturally. One player is increasing his numbers while the 5 player machine stops working as efficiently.

This condition is why Rajon Rondo is undoubtably an overrated NBA player right now, but Jordan Crawford was a perfect example of this too. In fact, I watched his triple double games here in Washington. They started off the same way, with poor shooting percentages from the field and lots of shots taken. But then, as some of the assists and rebounds racked up, he started focusing solely on getting that triple double. It was beyond obvious too. Our sports talk stations were blowing up the next day after the first TD to the point where you'd have thought Crawford blew the game. The shame of it is, I really that while Crawford was always going to be a little trigger happy by nature, he really could've been a talented NBA point guard if he were willing to be coached and developed into a good decision maker.

mistabeecee41
10-23-2014, 08:23 PM
He's selfish. He's an asshole. He's delusional. But I love 'em. Sports wouldn't be as fun without Crawford-esque characters.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/overlooked-in-nba-jordan-crawford-shoots-for-chinese-legacy/

Have any of YOU ever lived in a castle in China? Didn't think so.

PMI
10-23-2014, 08:35 PM
He's selfish. He's an asshole. He's delusional. But I love 'em. Sports wouldn't be as fun without Crawford-esque characters.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/overlooked-in-nba-jordan-crawford-shoots-for-chinese-legacy/

Have any of YOU ever lived in a castle in China? Didn't think so.

I'm with you here. I still love him and root for him. I sure as hell never want him on my team again, but I want to see him be awesome because I think it's always great for Xavier to have awesome pros. I am at least in some way invested in his career. That's why I'm so frustrated with him. I hope there's someone, at some point, who can get through to the knucklehead and get him to reach his potential as a player. The clock will keep ticking faster and faster and now he's in China. It's frustrating.

Tu 4 MVP
10-23-2014, 09:22 PM
I would love if whatever Chinese league he is in streams their games over the internet. Watching him ball against those guys would be comedy gold.

94GRAD
10-23-2014, 11:35 PM
After dealing with him off the court, I didn't root for him while he was at X and I'll never root for him after.

dubbledxu
10-24-2014, 07:07 AM
After dealing with him off the court, I didn't root for him while he was at X and I'll never root for him after.

That sucks, hope he has grown up since his time at X.

Masterofreality
10-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Jordan Crawford is a total waste of talent and he should view any dollar he is offered by an NBA team as charity at this point, because you simply cannot have a winning team if Jordan Crawford is a relevant part of it. It's a damn shame that this is how he has turned out, but let's face it, he was always an asshole. To this day, nobody has been more successful in coaching the guy properly and more effectively than Chris Mack.

To that point, never forget that it was Chris Mack who had the gonads to bench Crawford for the first half of the SucKS game that year to teach him a lesson. He had to show him who was boss.

THRILLHOUSE
10-24-2014, 08:28 AM
To that point, never forget that it was Chris Mack who had the gonads to bench Crawford for the first half of the SucKS game that year to teach him a lesson. He had to show him who was boss.

Crawford wasn't benched for the entire first half, just didn't start him that game. He got Crawford in the game before the 1st TV timeout.

(apologies if that is what you meant, that way you worded it made it sound like Crawford was benched the entire half)

fellahmuskie
10-24-2014, 08:42 AM
I would love if whatever Chinese league he is in streams their games over the internet. Watching him ball against those guys would be comedy gold.

I would guess the games are on firstrowsports, only problem is that they probably air between 2-6 am because of the time zones.

Masterofreality
10-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Crawford wasn't benched for the entire first half, just didn't start him that game. He got Crawford in the game before the 1st TV timeout.

(apologies if that is what you meant, that way you worded it made it sound like Crawford was benched the entire half)

Right, Thrill. I meant to say "first part" of the game. Remember that Crawford and Stephenson got into it in the 1st half after Dante almost had his head taken off under the basket.

Muskie
02-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Update from Fellahmuskie:

Free Agent

Crawford played five games in China then came back to America because of an eye infection. Because of China's tight restrictions on foreign players, his team decided to sign Sebastian Telfair for the remainder of the season, but kept him on contract. So, he's basically been chilling for the last two months. His contract is finally up and there is talk that he will get picked up by an NBA team soon.

drudy23
02-03-2015, 08:42 AM
That's a great way to get paid.

Cheesehead
02-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Must have been one helluva eye infection to be sent home. I thought the Chinese thing for Jordan was an odd choice. I thought he would do more in the NBA but it appears he is kinda an ass.

bigdiggins
02-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Must have been one helluva eye infection to be sent home. I thought the Chinese thing for Jordan was an odd choice. I thought he would do more in the NBA but he is an ass.

Fixed that for you

PMI
02-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Never a dull moment with Jordan Crawford. I am very interested to see what's next...

GoMuskies
02-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Has the reality show aired yet?

mistabeecee41
03-11-2015, 12:34 PM
to the d-league.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20150311/SPORTS/150319921/1002

Masterofreality
03-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Well now. There is a comedown.

DC Muskie
03-11-2015, 06:34 PM
I like the fact the other left to pursue other opportunities. That's a ringing endorsement.

mistabeecee41
07-14-2015, 04:29 PM
Looks like our old friend is looking for a revival in the summer league with the Mavericks. He's currently 3-13 (0-7 from 3) and is getting torn apart by the Twitter population. It also looks like he was 1-11 from 3 in his previous 2 games.

1-18 from 3 from a shooting guard probably won't result in too many training camp invitations.

waggy
07-14-2015, 05:15 PM
I bet Crawford never folds a poker hand no matter how lousy it is.

paulxu
07-14-2015, 05:31 PM
I'd like to see him do well. This does not sound good.

xu82
07-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Oh my... it's never good to become a Mad Ant.

THRILLHOUSE
09-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Crawford going to the Bulls training camp - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--bulls-signing-jordan-crawford-052421855.html

Chalmers0
09-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Crawford going to the Bulls training camp - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--bulls-signing-jordan-crawford-052421855.html

Kind of surprised he's still getting NBA chances at this point, albeit a slim one.

XUMIOH12
09-18-2015, 01:10 PM
I imagine this is probably his last shot at making an NBA roster again. He can always score and that's why hes getting another shot.

Cheesehead
09-21-2015, 11:37 AM
IMO, Jordan is an an NBA player. Most don't play much defense so he he should be fine. Hope he makes a roster again.

ChicagoX
09-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Would be nice to have a former Xavier player playing in Chicago. Crawford could certainly provide a scoring spark off the bench, but his complete inability to defend will make it difficult to garner significant playing time.

It's too bad Semaj couldn't land on an NBA roster after his strong performance in the D-League last year. It also surprised me that Derrick Brown couldn't stick around longer. He averaged more than eight points and about four boards per game in his last year in the league, which seems like good enough numbers to at least be a quality reserve.

GoMuskies
09-21-2015, 11:55 AM
IMO, Jordan is an an NBA player.

NBA talent. CBA brain.

mistabeecee41
10-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Bulls cut Jordan Crawford
Mavs sign Tu Holloway. Weird timing considering the season starts in 4 days. My guess is they need a body for the remainder of camp and will send him to the d-league.

XUFan09
10-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Bulls cut Jordan Crawford
Mavs sign Tu Holloway. Weird timing considering the season starts in 4 days. My guess is they need a body for the remainder of camp and will send him to the d-league.
Yeah, he is going to be a D League prospect.

Muskie
10-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Yeah, he is going to be a D League prospect.

Glad TU is getting a look. Surprised he hasn't tried Europe? (Maybe he has and I've not kept track).

X-Fan
10-23-2015, 08:08 AM
Glad TU is getting a look. Surprised he hasn't tried Europe? (Maybe he has and I've not kept track).

He did some. Not sure if he ever found a team that was a good fit (for either party)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_Holloway

Muskie
10-23-2015, 08:10 AM
He did some. Not sure if he ever found a team that was a good fit (for either party)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_Holloway

I stand corrected. That's quite a few passport stamps.

ballyhoohoo
12-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Jordan is back in China, playing for TianJIn RongGang.

I did get a chance to take in a Chinese game last night when the ShenZhen New Century leopard played Qingdoa Double Star Eagles.

I compare the level of play to watching Fordam play Lasalle with less defense.

My take on Americans who play here:

Bigs, undersized with good skill come here to play.

Guards, bucket getters who either do not play defense or play well with others.

XUMIOH12
12-06-2015, 09:18 PM
it looks like Crawford scored 61 in China yesterday

mistabeecee41
01-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Never was the sharpest tool in the shed. Never really played much defense. Not the best attitude. But the guy always could score.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/685478294360338432

xavierj
01-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Never was the sharpest tool in the shed. Never really played much defense. Not the best attitude. But the guy always could score.

Why do you say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed? Maybe you are right but just curious? And he wasnt bad on defense in my opinion. Never understand why people try to dimish former players and take shots. He was the reason Xavier went to the sweet 16 and almost took us to the elite 8. Fun player to watch.

XU 87
01-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Why do you say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed? Maybe you are right but just curious? And he wasnt bad on defense in my opinion. Never understand why people try to dimish former players and take shots. He was the reason Xavier went to the sweet 16 and almost took us to the elite 8. Fun player to watch.

He played some really great basketball during the NCAA tourney. Too bad he only played here one year. If he played maybe three years, we would be talking about retiring his jersey.

nuts4xu
01-08-2016, 10:02 AM

72 points when his team only scored 102 is video game stuff. He had 16 rebounds too, must have eaten his Wheaties!

D-West & PO-Z
01-08-2016, 10:07 AM

Confusing I agree. Jordan was ridiculously good, like 87 said could have been a retired jersey if here longer.

mistabeecee41
01-08-2016, 10:26 AM

My apologies - what I was getting at is his professional behavior/attitude is what has him in China in the first place.

XUFan09
01-08-2016, 11:11 AM
His defense was not bad at Xavier because Chris Mack got him to buy in to the defensive side of the ball more than any coach he's ever had.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

chico
01-08-2016, 08:20 PM
72 - not bad. Too bad he left Golden State a year too early.

xu82
01-08-2016, 08:48 PM
What can he make in China? It may be huge, or maybe not? No idea about these overseas leagues and who gets paid well and who doesn't. Any insight?

mistabeecee41
01-11-2016, 08:58 AM
What can he make in China? It may be huge, or maybe not? No idea about these overseas leagues and who gets paid well and who doesn't. Any insight?

China actually pays very well. His original deal last year (before having to leave because of an eye issue) was $1.4 million for 5 months. Not sure about his deal this year, though.

Cheesehead
01-11-2016, 11:57 AM
China actually pays very well. His original deal last year (before having to leave because of an eye issue) was $1.4 million for 5 months. Not sure about his deal this year, though.

1.4 mil for 5 months you say? I am in!

X-ceptional
09-28-2017, 11:04 AM
How Jordan Crawford's two-year NBA exile saved his career
(http://hoopshype.com/2017/09/26/how-jordan-crawfords-two-year-nba-exile-saved-his-career/)

“Ah man, it was great for me,” Crawford said of his time in China. “There were so many lessons I learned during those two years out of the NBA. I really tried to learn and get better – as a player and as a person – every single day. Honestly, I’ve grown as a person way more than I’ve grown as a player. And, interestingly, that actually allowed my game to get better.

“Off the court, I just hold myself accountable now and I want to become a better man every day. I definitely feel much more free and unselfish. On the court, the 28-year-old version of me is so much better because I’ve gotten better at picking my spots and knowing what I want to do [when I have the ball]. Rather than looking for what [shot] I can get like I did when I was younger, I know exactly what I want to do. I can still display my talent, but I play under control.”

mistabeecee41
04-15-2018, 03:37 PM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/985613064182607872?s=12

D-West & PO-Z
04-15-2018, 03:51 PM

Yeah heard eh was the first to wear Lonzo's signature shoe other than Lonzo.

GoMuskies
04-15-2018, 11:19 PM

Seems appropriate.

Muskie
04-16-2018, 08:38 AM
Jordan Crawford to the Lakers (if he becomes a Big Baller Ambassador)

sirthought
04-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Could Luke Walton handle that many big ballers on the roster?

I think they would stay away from him just for that reason. It's too bad.

ArizonaXUGrad
04-22-2018, 06:41 PM
I really want Jordan to get this BBB brand endorsement. I don’t know why but I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juice
04-22-2018, 10:14 PM
I really want Jordan to get this BBB brand endorsement. I don’t know why but I do.

Same. Make extra money with a brand that's new to the market and it's a quality shoe (not for the price, but in general).

ArizonaXUGrad
04-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Lavar Ball is a guy I just love to hate but you have to admire his business savvy. Getting Jordan in those shoes may bring the price down a bit.

bjf123
04-23-2018, 11:37 AM
I can just imagine his marketing campaign if Crawford signs with BBB. You’ll see lots of references to how much “Jordan” loves BBB. Wouldn’t surprised to see some take off of Air Jordan.