PDA

View Full Version : Big East Starting Year-Round Digital Network With Fox

BMoreX
09-04-2014, 02:54 PM
The network will cover 80-100 games per year as a supplement to the conference’s men’s basketball agreement with Fox, Ackerman said today in an interview at the Bloomberg Sports Business Summit in New York. The network will be available on Fox Sports Go, the group’s online platform for live and streaming video.

“This is a way to get additional exposure to women’s sports and Olympic sports,” Ackerman said.

In addition to live coverage, the network will produce highlights, and cover news. She said the conference is also considering other types of programming.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-04/big-east-starting-year-round-digital-network-with-fox.html

BMoreX
09-05-2014, 09:32 AM
BIG EAST Conference ‏@BIGEAST 7m
The BIG EAST Digital Network will be the first and only collegiate conference to have its own branded channel on the FOX Sports GO app

BMoreX
09-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Here is Xavier's schedule for it:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/xavi/genrel/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/9514.pdf

Muskie
09-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Will I be able to say, watch other Big East games? (Basketball)

xubrew
09-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Will I be able to say, watch other Big East games? (Basketball)

If they're smart, they'll make every basketball game available and sell commercial time just like they do for the TV games.

UCGRAD4X
09-14-2014, 04:29 PM
If they're smart, they'll make every basketball game available and sell commercial time just like they do for the TV games.

Unless their present contract w/ FOX restricts this is some way. I would imagine some degree of exclusivity was written into the deal. If not, I agree, there certainly would be a market for it.

BlueGuy
09-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Unless their present contract w/ FOX restricts this is some way. I would imagine some degree of exclusivity was written into the deal. If not, I agree, there certainly would be a market for it.

Are DirecTV subscribers able to use this app yet?

Muskie
09-14-2014, 06:58 PM
I played with the app this afternoon. I found it inconvenient to use. I'll withhold judgement until I actually watch something on it.