08-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Soooooo... How about that Brazil trip?

94GRAD
08-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Did someone get shot down there?

PMI
08-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Did someone get shot down there?

Not sure about shot, but I hear that Jalen Reynolds violently assaulted a lot of rims.

RealDeal
08-20-2014, 11:05 AM
I like the looks of things.

bleedXblue
08-20-2014, 11:30 AM
no more gangsta's on this team

DC Muskie
08-20-2014, 11:32 AM
I have a quick question...

Since we had to start practicing early for this trip, do we have to take mandatory time off before October? What are the rules for coaching during this time anyway?

PMI
08-20-2014, 12:01 PM

Since we had to start practicing early for this trip, do we have to take mandatory time off before October? What are the rules for coaching during this time anyway?

Wasn't the trip an alternative to the closed scrimmage preseason thing we usually do? I'm unaware of any other restrictions but there could be some.

DC Muskie
08-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Wasn't the trip an alternative to the closed scrimmage preseason thing we usually do? I'm unaware of any other restrictions but there could be some.

But don't those scrimmages happen closer to when practices begin?

Kahns Krazy
08-20-2014, 12:15 PM
It's hot today. I went out for a walk and was sweating like a pig. I made sure to stay on the sidewalk though.

PMI
08-20-2014, 12:22 PM
But don't those scrimmages happen closer to when practices begin?

Yes, I believe they're typically a few weeks or so before the season.

It's hot today. I went out for a walk and was sweating like a pig. I made sure to stay on the sidewalk though.

I believe we already have a thread about guys taking walks. I'm not sure there's a thread that has explored breaking a sweat while doing so, however.

Discuss.

waggy
08-20-2014, 12:23 PM
I made sure to stay on the sidewalk though.

See any armored vehicles?

xubrew
08-20-2014, 12:56 PM

You're allowed one foreign tour every four years. Students cannot miss any classes, so they are typically in the summer. Some soccer teams will go over spring break.

It does not impact the regular practice schedule or exhibition schedule at all.

Kahns Krazy
08-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I like bacon on a cheesburger. It's really the perfect match. If it's a place I trust enough to make it medium rare, even better.

Mooo.

PMI
08-22-2014, 03:19 PM
I had a bacon cheeseburger for lunch today. It was at Five Guys. Ordered some fries and a coke too. I really don't like those new soda machines with the touch screens and 100 different choices. We are at an amazing point in our technological development, but we are not yet at the point where we can build a multi-flavor touch screen soda computer that can pour a Coke that tastes like a real Coke, and not some un-pure knock off laced with a hint of iced tea and a pinch of Dr. Pepper. Thank goodness my next drink will be a beer. Out of an aluminum bottle. At the Bullpen before the Nats game. I am going to drink exactly 11 of them before first pitch for obvious reasons which I'm too superstitious to mention. Any Fister puns are warmly welcomed, as they are, technically, right on topic.

Smails
08-22-2014, 03:23 PM
I helped my neighbor cut down a big ash tree yesterday and then we cut ut up into 18 inch logs. My right hip is friggin killing me.

BBC 08
08-22-2014, 03:28 PM
I don't like cheese on my hamburgers. Also, I thought bacon was the best thing to have on a burger until I had pork belly on a hamburger. It was transcendent. I was in heaven. Pork belly > bacon

bobbiemcgee
08-22-2014, 04:27 PM

Pls. don't mention anything about pouring ice on your head either.

xu82
08-22-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't like cheese on my hamburgers. Also, I thought bacon was the best thing to have on a burger until I had pork belly on a hamburger. It was transcendent. I was in heaven. Pork belly > bacon

That must have been on the sidewalk.

xu82
08-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Pls. don't mention anything about pouring ice on your head either.

Ohhh! You reminded me... There's this great new thing!!! Have you heard??? It's all about, wait, I'll get back to you on this...

blobfan
08-22-2014, 08:20 PM
I still haven't tried Five Guys.

SM#24
08-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Your loss

blobfan
08-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Your loss

I was previously told it's actually a major personality flaw but I haven't been able to rectify it.

xu82
08-23-2014, 06:57 AM
I still haven't tried Five Guys.

One of my wife's friends said something similar and my wife didn't know how to respond. (that rarely happens.) She (my wife) had never heard of the burger joint, which would have made it less confusing.

SM#24
08-23-2014, 08:46 AM
I am going to drink exactly 11 of them before first pitch for obvious reasons which I'm too superstitious to mention. I guess back to one beer before tonight's Nats game

Kahns Krazy
08-23-2014, 10:31 AM

I'll allow it since you are basically saying that the only thing better than bacon is a different preparation of bacon. The pork belly sandwich at Rookwood is one of my favorite things on earth. Where did you get pork belly burger?

My neighbor is currently mowing his grass. Most of the houses in my neighborhood have small enough yards that people use rotary push mowers. It's kind of nice. I can hear the birds chirping over the mowing.

I sure hope Burfict signs that contract.

PMI
08-23-2014, 10:42 AM
I guess back to one beer before tonight's Nats game

Yep. I guess all good things eventually come to an end. I probably shouldn't have gone to the game. I don't have a history of good luck there. Or really anywhere, other than Cintas. Honestly, the main reason I went is because the bassist in my band's other band was playing at the Bullpen beforehand and I wanted to check that out. I should have known that going into the park was a selfish move. I should have put the team first.

X-band '01
08-23-2014, 10:52 AM
My neighbor is currently mowing his grass. Most of the houses in my neighborhood have small enough yards that people use rotary push mowers. It's kind of nice. I can hear the birds chirping over the mowing.

It's amazing they still sell the rotary mowers. It wasn't easy finding one at Home Depot compared to the gas and electric models.

Kahns Krazy
08-23-2014, 10:52 AM
One of my wife's friends said something similar and my wife didn't know how to respond. (that rarely happens.) She had never heard of the burger joint, which would have made it less confusing.

I suppose that is better than her saying "Oh, you've got to try it. It's the best!" without knowing about the burger joint.

BBC 08
08-23-2014, 11:02 AM
I'll allow it since you are basically saying that the only thing better than bacon is a different preparation of bacon. The pork belly sandwich at Rookwood is one of my favorite things on earth. Where did you get pork belly burger?

At a place called Game here in Louisville. It was actually a lamb burger with pork belly, grilled onions, grilled romaine lettuce, ketchup, and mustard. I need to go back and have the duck burger, and then a kangaroo burger, and then a wagyu burger, and then a elk burger, and then a boar burger. Now I'm hungry.

RealDeal
08-23-2014, 11:12 AM
I like my burgers rare, so 5 guys isn't on my agenda. I'm sure other people love it though.

What was this thread about again?

DC Muskie
08-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Yep. I guess all good things eventually come to an end. I probably shouldn't have gone to the game. I don't have a history of good luck there. Or really anywhere, other than Cintas. Honestly, the main reason I went is because the bassist in my band's other band was playing at the Bullpen beforehand and I wanted to check that out. I should have known that going into the park was a selfish move. I should have put the team first.

And here I thought I screwed up by going. I'm headed there tonight, so we'll see if I screw it up again.

KC4X
08-23-2014, 12:55 PM
You people are cheaters. I thought this thread was supposed to be about Non-Ferguson Mike Browns?

Seriously though, per the Enquirer, this new Mt. Adams restaurant (Sprout Market & Eatery) will be opening in late September/early October (http://www.cincinnati.com/story/newintown/2014/08/21/sprout-market--eatery-to-open-in-mount-adams/14291201/). Head chef? Michael Brown. Actually, although small, it sounds like an interesting place to try. I especially like to see they will have live music, including jazz, in the lower-level.

SM#24
08-23-2014, 09:27 PM
What was this thread about again?
Anything but Ferguson (Missouri not Jenkins)

SM#24
08-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Or really anywhere, other than Cintas
I am fine with your your non-Xavier obsessions not panning out; love the Cintas magic though

nuts4xu
08-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Dana gardens should add pork belly to their menu. Pork bellies are very tasty.

Porkopolis
08-24-2014, 01:34 PM

The steamed pork belly buns at Kaze are fantastic.

xu82
08-24-2014, 01:46 PM
I suppose that is better than her saying "Oh, you've got to try it. It's the best!" without knowing about the burger joint.

Yes, that could pose a bit of a problem.

blobfan
08-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Yes, that could pose a bit of a problem.

AAAAAAAAAAND I just got Kahns inference. I'm a little slow I guess.

xu82
08-26-2014, 04:14 PM
AAAAAAAAAAND I just got Kahns inference. I'm a little slow I guess.

Then I'm guessing my post he was responding to flew right past you? It's OK, sometimes it's a good thing to be slow on the uptake.

Kahns Krazy
08-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Then I'm guessing my post he was responding to flew right past you? It's OK, sometimes it's a good thing to be slow on the uptake.

There's a chance that she interpreted it as your wife not being a know-it-all who would respond to a question anyway, instead of not being a filthy whore who likes three in the goo and two in the poo.

xu82
08-26-2014, 04:42 PM
There's a chance that she interpreted it as your wife not being a know-it-all who would respond to a question anyway, instead of not being a filthy whore who likes three in the goo and two in the poo.

Yes, I may not have communicated clearly, or.... no that was it - I'm definitely a poor communicator. I'm sure of it. I promise!

Kahns Krazy
08-27-2014, 03:25 PM
I have not had any bacon yet today. I had some last night on my pizza at Mac's on the Pike in the old Wooster Tavern. They make a damn good pizza, and always feature fresh jalepenos, hand sliced. No canned peppers there. Last night they were hot hot hot!

blobfan
08-27-2014, 06:36 PM

Yup. That was my original interpretation. I much prefer it.

xu82
08-27-2014, 07:21 PM
Yup. That was my original interpretation. I much prefer it.

That certainly eases my mind.

blobfan
08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
That certainly eases my mind.

I think I would to but having never tried either, I guess I can't really say.