PDA

View Full Version : Paul George Injury

mistabeecee41
08-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Sick to my stomach. I'm not going to post the video, but prayers go out to him.

Things not looking good for D-West and Indy next year.

xu82
08-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Thank you for not posting the video. It's hard to not look at the crash if it's there to see. I glanced briefly at the ESPN article. That's all I need. Agree that preyers are in order and the Pacers can't catch a break!

nuts4xu
08-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Watched 10 mins of that game and saw it happen live. Gross ass injury!

GoMuskies
08-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Looks nasty, but if it's like Kevin Ware ' s injury it's better than tearing an ACL.

xu82
08-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Looks nasty, but if it's like Kevin Ware ' s injury it's better than tearing an ACL.

That's a very good point... but an ACL is less likely to induce vomit!

It's amazing what they can do now. I read once that Willis McGahee's college injury would haven caused them to consider amputation just 20 years earlier (and that injury was what... 10-15 years ago?). All kinds of ligament, nerve and vascular issues - and then a decade playing in the NFL taking a pounding.

PMI
08-02-2014, 12:03 PM
That was a horrific injury and a total shame for the NBA losing one of its great stars. I hope he can return back to his normal self some day but it's going to be a long road back. Can't help but think of Shaun Livingston who was very promising when he had his leg snap and has been just a guy ever since returning. I also feel bad for David West, who all of a sudden is in a much more difficult spot in Indiana. The whole thing sucks.

THRILLHOUSE
08-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Can't help but think of Shaun Livingston who was very promising when he had his leg snap and has been just a guy ever since returning.

That Livingston injury was gruesome. If I remember correctly, he tore his ACL, PCL and Meniscus along with dislocating his knee cap. It's pretty amazing that he ever came back from that. Sure, he'll never quite be a good as his potential was, but he just got a 3 year 16 million deal with Golden State. Not bad.

Milhouse
08-04-2014, 07:31 AM
I will say these injuries are so unfortunate but in the case of both Rose and George they are in a good position financially as they happened before their Max deals kicked in. In the absolute worst case scenario they're financially set for life.

Paul George is one of the good guys though and the Pacers had a great shot at returning to the ECF this year...but now it will be a middling Eastern Conference team.

Masterofreality
08-04-2014, 09:12 AM
I will say these injuries are so unfortunate but in the case of both Rose and George they are in a good position financially as they happened before their Max deals kicked in. In the absolute worst case scenario they're financially set for life.

Paul George is one of the good guys though and the Pacers had a great shot at returning to the ECF this year...but now it will be a middling Eastern Conference team.

The Paul George injury is horrible, and I never, ever wish that upon any player...

But, Mill. You do realize that the Cavaliers will have Lebron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love this year, right? Middling, I think not.

Milhouse
08-04-2014, 11:19 AM
All I said was return to the ECF. The Cavs will obviously be the other team Favorited to be there.

ArizonaXUGrad
08-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I think his injury is either the same or similar to what Anderson Silva did against Weidman. Crushed his two leg bones. That guy is slated to fight again about 15 months later.

XUFan09
08-04-2014, 03:20 PM
The Paul George injury is horrible, and I never, ever wish that upon any player...

But, Mill. You do realize that the Cavaliers will have Lebron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love this year, right? Middling, I think not.

Lol MOR, not everything is about the Cavs. The Pacers will most likely be a middling team. This is what is probably going to happen, short of a big signing:

- Defense goes from being one of the best in the NBA to simply above average. Paul George and Lance Stephenson's perimeter defense was just as important as Roy Hibbert and Ian Mahinmi's rim protection.
- Offense goes from mediocre to bad. George and Stephenson were the only real creators on offense, and C.J. Miles will be a good offensive option, but he doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of NBA coaches.
- I bet the Pacers finish a few games above .500 and fall well short of homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

Masterofreality
08-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Lol MOR, not everything is about the Cavs. The Pacers will most likely be a middling team. This is what is probably going to happen, short of a big signing:

- Defense goes from being one of the best in the NBA to simply above average. Paul George and Lance Stephenson's perimeter defense was just as important as Roy Hibbert and Ian Mahinmi's rim protection.
- Offense goes from mediocre to bad. George and Stephenson were the only real creators on offense, and C.J. Miles will be a good offensive option, but he doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of NBA coaches.
- I bet the Pacers finish a few games above .500 and fall well short of homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

I know '09. I just thought that Mill's designation of the teams that may go to the NBA Finals this year as being "middling" was a bit of an under rating. Besides the Cavs, the Heat could still very much be in the mix with Deng, Wade and Bosh and the Bulls and Pacers can still be a factor although letting Born Ready leave looms large now.

XUFan09
08-04-2014, 06:44 PM
I know '09. I just thought that Mill's designation of the teams that may go to the NBA Finals this year as being "middling" was a bit of an under rating. Besides the Cavs, the Heat could still very much be in the mix with Deng, Wade and Bosh and the Bulls and Pacers can still be a factor although letting Born Ready leave looms large now.

Ah, I see. He said "it will be a middling Eastern Conference team" and the pronoun designation was unclear.

Masterofreality
08-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Ah, I see. He said "it will be a middling Eastern Conference team" and the pronoun designation was unclear.

Ah, now I see the other way too.