PDA

View Full Version : Moving to...Findlay?!?

Titanxman04
07-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Yup.

My wife just accepted a job offer in the area, and we decided that after much deliberation, that Findlay is simply the place for us to be. It's a bit scary, but at least we're closer to our beloved campus to see a game finally.

Please pray for us as we take on this new, terrifying, exciting next step in our lives.

Thanks, y'all.

danaandvictory
07-25-2014, 04:39 PM
If Ben Roethlisberger invites you into a restroom, politely decline.

bobbiemcgee
07-25-2014, 04:50 PM
They have the largest dishwasher plant in the world. This point alone makes them better than Toledo.

xudash
07-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Yup.

My wife just accepted a job offer in the area, and we decided that after much deliberation, that Findlay is simply the place for us to be. It's a bit scary, but at least we're closer to our beloved campus to see a game finally.

Please pray for us as we take on this new, terrifying, exciting next step in our lives.

Thanks, y'all.

My brother and sister-in-law are moving there in October as part of the P&G divestiture of IAMS to Mars. Both are X grads. Send me a note and I'll connect you, assuming you want to start the Findlay Ohio X Alumni Assoc.

I've already been told it's a pretty town with a lot going for it economically.

Masterofreality
07-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Yup.

Thanks, y'all.

Uh, oh!

The Power in Ohio High School lacrosse is moving west. It is a great loss for the North Coast of America.

When U leaving Beard?

Titanxman04
07-25-2014, 07:02 PM
My brother and sister-in-law are moving there in October as part of the P&G divestiture of IAMS to Mars. Both are X grads. Send me a note and I'll connect you, assuming you want to start the Findlay Ohio X Alumni Assoc.

I've already been told it's a pretty town with a lot going for it economically.

We spent some time there today. It has a lot going for it. The Marathon World HQ is there. Lots of money in pockets around there. Hope to meet some fellow Muskies to be able to watch a game once in a while.

Uh, oh!

The Power in Ohio High School lacrosse is moving west. It is a great loss for the North Coast of America.

When U leaving Beard?

Our lease is up on the 30th. So...then.

Sadly, not really any lacrosse out there (Padua went 13-5 this year, by the way!). Hoping some high schools will pick it up. Ohio Northern is starting a program as well. Might try and reach out to them. We'll see.

Mel Cooley XU'81
07-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Titan,

As ever, congrats and best wishes.

Take Dash up on his offer.

I personally vouch for his brother and sister-in-law. Two of my favorites.

xu82
07-25-2014, 09:35 PM
I personally vouch for his brother and sister-in-law. Two of my favorites.

Suck up! :rolleyes:

LadyMuskie
07-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Findlay is a great town. We have family friends up there and I love visiting. Best of luck!

wkrq59
07-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Congrats TitanX & Mrs. Hope all goes well. You deserve it Go Muskies

Masterofreality
07-26-2014, 06:25 AM
We spent some time there today. It has a lot going for it. The Marathon World HQ is there. Lots of money in pockets around there. Hope to meet some fellow Muskies to be able to watch a game once in a while.

Our lease is up on the 30th. So...then.

Sadly, not really any lacrosse out there (Padua went 13-5 this year, by the way!). Hoping some high schools will pick it up. Ohio Northern is starting a program as well. Might try and reach out to them. We'll see.

Cooper Tires HQ too.

Have fun over there buddy. Just right up I-75 from Cincy.

xu 89
07-26-2014, 07:13 AM
I am from Lima and spent a number of weekends in Findlay when I was in high school. There was some place downtown that served fried ice-cream. It was awesome.

Good Luck!!

Porkopolis
07-26-2014, 09:48 AM
My wife's aunt and uncle used to live there. They moved to Oklahoma because he is a doctor who took over a small town clinic in Oklahoma. But they loved every minute of their time in Findlay and I hope you will, too.

RedsX11
07-26-2014, 11:07 AM
I grew up about 25 minutes from Findlay. Its a very nice town. Don't hold it against them that the fat, rapist, QB of the Steeler's grew up there. There also isn't a large amount of steeler's fans either, so you are safe from that. The public school district is nice, the university is fantastic. There are lots of reasonably priced places to buy, etc.

X-band '01
07-26-2014, 11:40 AM
I grew up about 25 minutes from Findlay. Its a very nice town. Don't hold it against them that the fat, rapist, QB of the Steeler's grew up there. There also isn't a large amount of steeler's fans either, so you are safe from that. The public school district is nice, the university is fantastic. There are lots of reasonably priced places to buy, etc.

You can hold that against Corey Rawson, OH instead (even if the town doesn't exist).

Emp
07-27-2014, 09:23 PM
I've hitchhiked, driven through and around Findlay thousands of times since my freshman year at X.

Flag City USA.

Do not under any circumstances buy, rent or have to commute any where near the Blanchard River, which floods continually.

Do not go swimming or fishing in grand lake st Mary's, toxic bloom.

Attractions: National Shrine of Our Lady, nearby lovely Carey. BGSU just up the pike. Tony Packos hoy dogs in.....Toledo???? Actually a great glass museum.

nuts4xu
07-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Titan you move around more than the taliban.

Put down some roots some place and start making babies.

blobfan
07-29-2014, 11:20 AM

NW Ohio (my original stomping grounds) is mostly Browns country. If you have to settle in that quadrant, Findlay is your best bet. It's maybe the only town that has been consistently on the upswing since the 80s.

MADXSTER
07-29-2014, 01:13 PM
City of Minster used to have a great Ocgtoberfest. Not sure if they still have it, but worth checking out.

toledodan
07-29-2014, 01:20 PM
They have the largest dishwasher plant in the world. This point alone makes them better than Toledo.

i lived in toledo for 6 years. worse 6 years of my life.

paulxu
07-29-2014, 01:29 PM
If you are in that area mid August, slip down the road to the Bucyrus Bratwurst Fesitival.
Good food in the middle of nowhere.

blobfan
07-29-2014, 02:31 PM
If you are in that area mid August, slip down the road to the Bucyrus Bratwurst Fesitival.
Lots of nice little hometown festivals in that area of the state. An hour from stellar* skiing at Mad River Mountain, 90 minutes from Cedar Point, close enough to Chicago to make it a weekend trip, Findlay could definitely be worse.

*slight exaggeration but better than none at all

MADXSTER
07-29-2014, 07:13 PM

But do they know what a Mett is?? And I'm not talking baseball.

KC4X
07-29-2014, 08:38 PM
It's definitely not diet food, but I've enjoyed Steve's Dakota Grill on our way to/from Ypsi a few times. Great sandwiches, which is the only thing relatively inexpensive. Very pleasant service, too. If you don't mind, please post reviews for the steak/seafood/ribs if you decide to try any of them.

Titanxman04
08-20-2014, 04:28 PM
So I've gone out and enrolled at the University of Findlay. I am now in pursuit of my Masters in Education while earning my teaching certificate for 4th through 9th grades. Classes started this past Monday, but with the quick work from the admissions department, I was able to get enrolled and I begin classes tomorrow.

Alas, I will be educating your children and grandchildren. Beware.

X-band '01
08-20-2014, 04:56 PM
So I've gone out and enrolled at the University of Findlay. I am not in pursuit of my Masters in Education while earning my teaching certificate for 4th through 9th grades. Classes started this past Monday, but with the quick work from the admissions department, I was able to get enrolled and I begin classes tomorrow.

Alas, I will be educating your children and grandchildren. Beware.

You better not be teaching English - my brother and his family live up in Bowling Green.

Titanxman04
08-20-2014, 05:30 PM
You better not be teaching English - my brother and his family live up in Bowling Green.

Fixed.