PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tournament?

GoMuskies
03-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Are the Lady Muskies in win or lose tomorrow?

cinskyline
03-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I think the win over GW puts them over the top, or at least I would hope so.

HomerCecil
03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
It's too bad UTEP lost to SMU in the Conference USA final. That takes a bid from someone.

I do feel like a good performance tomorrow (meaning we don't get blown out) could put us in. But let's beat Temple again... Already done it once!

XU-PA
03-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Homer, you make a very good point.

It's all going to depend first on the finals, win they are in obviously.

But after that it all depends on who else is in, if a bunch of those conference finals get taken by teams who do not have the resume', then things will look bad for whoever doesn't take the A-10 title game.

GW is in, period.

You can't say that now about either XU or Temple. You would think that given XU's win over GW today, and Temple's win of the regular season title that it would be a lock for all 3 A-10 teams to get in, but strange things can happen over the next week.

When you compare Temple and XU
XU gets the RPI nod (but just by a few ticks)
XU has 2 wins over top 50 rpi teams, and so does Temple
XU has one "bad" loss (UC) Temple has none.
Temple has a much better SOS rating.
and so far XU has he head to head.

So when the committee looks at whoever the loser of the A-10 final is, do they just pass them by?

Bottom line, XU---- TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!!!

X-band '01
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
The committee will also consider that Xavier is playing what amounts to a road game tomorrow night, but XU-PA is right; the Muskies have to take care of their business because you can't assume that 1 or 2 more at-large bids will fall to the wayside.

I would have to think that Xavier's schedule early and their 10-2 record (or 9-3 if Temple wins tomorrow) down the stretch should get them in the tournament.

Bigbluebrotha
03-09-2008, 07:38 PM
No doubt with today's W - Big Show - Second year in a row. Three ranked wins.

HomerCecil
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Three wins over the top 25 yes, but Georgia isn't as good as we thought they were, and N.C. State isn't good at all any longer. Penn State's complete free fall doesn't help either.

I do think we're in a decent spot, but I'd rather not leave it up to chance.

spongebob
03-10-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.collegerpi.com/women/

Palms latest still has them in as a 12 in a rematch from last year versus WVA. Has Temple in too, as an 11. I did notice that he didn't yet account for the SMU upset nor the upset of Gonzaga by San Diego. Gonzaga is going to be an interesting consideration for the committee. They have 4 bad losses(100-199 rpi's) and one real bad loss(200 plus rpi) and no money wins(top 50 rpi). Yet, their rpi remains solid at 39. They could end up being this years Western Ky. XU is still in his last 4 in category. Too dicey for my taste. Hang another banner ladies and take any doubt out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

I also found Creme's updated ESPN projection above. Still has them in as a 9 vs. Nebraska and he has accounted for the weekends upsets. Also has Temple in as an 11.

X-band '01
03-10-2008, 09:32 PM
It's a moot point now, but how did CollegeRPI have Xavier at #43 as of last night but ESPN's InsideRPI was in the upper 20s? That's a huge gap.

That being said, I'm now looking forward to Selection Monday next week.

XU-PA
03-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Now it'll be interesting to see what happens with Temple.
Being the "bubble" team of the A-10. Not a Temple fan in the least, but to have 3 teams from the conference get in would be nice for the A-10.

As to rpi, they are all over the place, the important one is the official NCAA list, which as of 3/4 has Xavier at #32, that's before the last 3 wins.