PDA

View Full Version : Xavier/GW

coasterville95
03-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Just put up ESPN Gamecast, and it is all tied up at 54 - 1:16 remaining in the second. Harris with 4 fouls.

coasterville95
03-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Up 3
23 seconds left
Winner to play Temple

coasterville95
03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Now only up 2
4 seconds left
Lets get this one done, Go Muskies!

xubball93
03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Way to go ladies!

spongebob
03-09-2008, 03:29 PM
XU 63-59-final

Congrats ladies. Great win. Bring it home two years in a row.

cinskyline
03-09-2008, 03:31 PM
We Win! We Win! We Win!

Joe goes down again in the tournament. ;)

coasterville95
03-09-2008, 03:33 PM
And your FINAL from Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse at St. Joes (where reportedly the Hawk never dies)...

Xavier - 63
#12 George Washington - 59

Get ready for Temple tomorrow at 5pm - Game is supposed to be televised on ESPN2.

We are just one game with Temple away from back 2 back tournament titles!

(We last beat Temple 64-55 at Cintas)

HomerCecil
03-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Way to go after being down six at halftime! Xavier scored 39 second-half points; I doubt GW allows that very often.

Let's beat Temple tomorrow!

spongebob
03-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Man, after being down 30-24 at the half, they put it to GW in the 2nd. Amber had 10 of her 15 in the 2nd and Ta'Shia had 13 of her 22 in the 2nd. The two biggest things I noticed in the stats were 1. Only 1 TO in the second half to GW's 6. 2. 11-14 at the FT line. GW only got 6 freebies. I guess it didn't hurt they outrebounded them too.

Should be a nice little shot in the arm for the old RPI too. Great job ladies. Good luck tomorrow.

XU-PA
03-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Awesome win for the Musketeers!!!

Superb play from front and back court, really did a number on the Adair girls.
And huge props to the XU fans in attendance, wish I was there.

This was nearly as great a win as the 4 overtime thriller over GW on the Cintas floor!!!

Go get them owls!!!

spongebob
03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I went back and looked at the play by play and Special Jennings hit yet another absolutely HUGE shot late in the game. XU was up one and she drains a 2 pt shot with 23 seconds to go to make it 59-56. And, if my math is correct, it was with one second on the shot clock(they took possession with 52 seconds to go). She is absolutely ice water personified. BTW, she also dropped in 7 assists to tie for game high with Beck.

It also looks like Jerri is back from funkville which is a nice boost at an opportune time.

XU-PA
03-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Sponge

That shot was with 1 second, or less on the clock, IT has a nice little floater on the run in the lane. Kind of a Drew Lavender runner but without all the air under it.

That, and Mo's free throws were the last strike of the hammer.
But it was building all half long, tough defense, and most importantly taking care of the ball.

X-band '01
03-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I just saw the game on my DVD recorder; GW paid and paid dearly for their failure to capitalize on Xavier's early turnovers. Consequently, Xavier had a clear MO to have Amber and Ta'Shia pound it inside once the Adair twins picked up 4 fouls apiece. The Muskies also hit well from the FT line, and once they got the benefit of Tudy Reed's 3-point play with a minute to go, they finished off the Colonials.

Special didn't just get a great shot off late in the game; she managed to take a critical charge midway through the 2nd half to thwart a potential momentum shift in the 2nd half.

Great team effort today; hopefully they've got enough left in the tank to beat Temple and kill the Owl jinx in Philly once and for all.

spongebob
03-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Sponge

That shot was with 1 second, or less on the clock, IT has a nice little floater on the run in the lane. Kind of a Drew Lavender runner but without all the air under it.

That, and Mo's free throws were the last strike of the hammer.
But it was building all half long, tough defense, and most importantly taking care of the ball.

They had that shot on the local news highlites tonite. That was impressive, especially for a frosh.

Bigbluebrotha
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Fantastic diggin' in by the ladies. Listened in, good stuff all around. Special was quite special, Mo knocked 'em down when they counted, Tudy is playing fantastic and Amber and Tashia are doing their repsective things.

Different team than we've seen in the last two weeks for sure.

Keep it rolling! LET'S GO X ! LET'S GO X ! LET'S GO X !

STL_XUfan
03-09-2008, 08:07 PM
What an amazing game. I still can't believe Special's shot fell, it looked like it was going to brick off the backboard, and the charge that she took i think had the possibilty to kill her (I bet that will hurt in the morning).

Tudy also deserves credit for how she played, she had some huge rebounds and highlight reel spining fade away jumper. Amber played today like we all know she can, and Phillips (T) is showing why she will be the POY in the atlantic 10 soon.

Bring on the owls!!!

XtremeXfan
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I have a quick question because I do not follow the women's team that much. Will they still go to the tourny even if they lose in the A-10 finals tomorrow?

X-band '01
03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
See the NCAA Tournament thread - UTEP gobbled up an at-large by losing the C-USA title game, but at this point I think Xavier would only get snubbed if more teams choke away their conference tournaments and take away at-large bids.

cinskyline
03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I have a quick question because I do not follow the women's team that much. Will they still go to the tourny even if they lose in the A-10 finals tomorrow?

I hope so, but like in the men's tournament, it all depends on upsets in other conference tournaments. My gut feeling is that they are in, but they really should win the A-10 tournament just to be sure.