PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

El Shaqtus
06-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Real simple, I think Xavier is going to win the Big East next year. Saw Austin quite a bit with the Eagles...and he was the 6th sign?

Good luck to you guys this year. Should be an interesting season.

I figure my team will be one of the best independents going.

bobbiemcgee
06-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Larry looks like a "glue guy" to me. Think he will "stick" around for 4 yrs. too.

Masterofreality
06-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Real simple, I think Xavier is going to win the Big East next year. Saw Austin quite a bit with the Eagles...and he was the 6th sign?

Good luck to you guys this year. Should be an interesting season.
I figure my team will be one of the best independents going.

If this league is going to expand, bring in St. Louis. No one else.

paulxu
06-02-2014, 07:22 AM
If this league is going to expand, bring in St. Louis. No one else.

20 game round robin schedule?

Irishdawg
06-02-2014, 07:32 AM
I'd still put Villanova ahead of Xavier, simply because Nova brings almost everyone back, and with as young as Xavier will be in so many places, it's tough to count on them (no matter how talented) to be consistent throughout the conference schedule. It's really going to be a fun league to watch next year, should be pretty wide open after Villanova.

I do think that Xavier has the best all-around big man coming back next year in Stainbrook. Smith and Obekpa might be better at one end of the court, but IMO, Stainbrook is better overall.

NY44
06-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd still put Villanova ahead of Xavier, simply because Nova brings almost everyone back, and with as young as Xavier will be in so many places, it's tough to count on them (no matter how talented) to be consistent throughout the conference schedule. It's really going to be a fun league to watch next year, should be pretty wide open after Villanova.

I do think that Xavier has the best all-around big man coming back next year in Stainbrook. Smith and Obekpa might be better at one end of the court, but IMO, Stainbrook is better overall.

I agree, it's pretty hard to argue against Villanova. I'm guessing they'll be at least a preseason top 20.

xaviertink
06-10-2014, 09:51 PM

I agree with that statement, but I think that if there were any teams to stop Villanova, It would be Xavier. St.Johns lost Harrison, Creighton lost McDermott, and Providence lost Cotton. Those three teams have no really good scorers other than maybe St. Johns. Even though Xavier lost Christon and Martin, We have Abell and Macura to take their spots. I'm not worried in fact I think that X can make a good run in the Big East and NCAA Tourney.

Juice
06-10-2014, 10:10 PM
I agree with that statement, but I think that if there were any teams to stop Villanova, It would be Xavier. St.Johns lost Harrison, Creighton lost McDermott, and Providence lost Cotton. Those three teams have no really good scorers other than maybe St. Johns. Even though Xavier lost Christon and Martin, We have Abell and Macura to take their spots. I'm not worried in fact I think that X can make a good run in the Big East and NCAA Tourney.

Harrison is back for SJU. Providence lost Cotton but gets Dunn back from injury. Creighton will suck because they lost a bunch of seniors besides McDermott as well.

I do think XU will be a top 3 team in the conference but Providence adds a really nice recruiting class and Seton Hall adds the best freshman in conference.

I think it's Villanova at the top and everything else is wide open.

XfansinKy
06-11-2014, 07:23 AM
I would love to see X win the Big East and get back in the top 25 too. I believe realistically this group at worst will be fun to watch and will get out and win a few they weren't supposed to. It will be interesting to see who gets a lot of minutes early in the season compared to which guys are logging the most towards tournament time when the younger players have had some time to get used to the speed of D1 basketball. My sleeper (if there is such a thing as a 4 star recruit) is going to be the Sumner kid. He reminds me of SC, only a better shooter.

bleedXblue
06-11-2014, 07:52 AM
I would love to see X win the Big East and get back in the top 25 too. I believe realistically this group at worst will be fun to watch and will get out and win a few they weren't supposed to. It will be interesting to see who gets a lot of minutes early in the season compared to which guys are logging the most towards tournament time when the younger players have had some time to get used to the speed of D1 basketball. My sleeper (if there is such a thing as a 4 star recruit) is going to be the Sumner kid. He reminds me of SC, only a better shooter.

I hope you're right, but I actually see him getting red shirted to gain some much needed strength.

With Dee being a senior, he's going to log 30+ MPG.

Austin is PG as well, right?

casualfan
06-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Harrison is back for SJU. Providence lost Cotton but gets Dunn back from injury. Creighton will suck because they lost a bunch of seniors besides McDermott as well.

I do think XU will be a top 3 team in the conference but Providence adds a really nice recruiting class and Seton Hall adds the best freshman in conference.

I think it's Villanova at the top and everything else is wide open.

This. I know people have mentioned what other teams have lost, but keep in mind what we lost as well. Yes we're bringing in a highly regarded recruiting class, but I don't expect those guys to come in and immediately fill the holes left by the departure of guys like Semaj and J-mart and even Philmore.

I think we have a chance to be pretty good next year, but I also think there will be quite a few growing pains along the way.

Irishdawg
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
This. I know people have mentioned what other teams have lost, but keep in mind what we lost as well. Yes we're bringing in a highly regarded recruiting class, but I don't expect those guys to come in and immediately fill the holes left by the departure of guys like Semaj and J-mart and even Philmore.

I think we have a chance to be pretty good next year, but I also think there will be quite a few growing pains along the way.

Trevon Bluiett, even with someone like Isaiah Whitehead and Isaac Copeland has a chance to be the rookie of the year in this league next year. I'm not telling you anything you guys don't already know, but he's probably the most complete player (in terms of basketball skills) coming into the Big East next season. Lot of my fellow Butler fans won't like this, but he's going to be really, really good at Xavier.

I'm in agreement that by the end of the season that Xavier could be a team that nobody is going to want to play if they're able to grow like their potential suggests that they can. I think you can say that about several teams though (Seton Hall, Georgetown and even Providence and Marquette) based on the talent coming in the league next year. Should be a lot of fun.

XfansinKy
06-12-2014, 09:30 AM
I hope you're right, but I actually see him getting red shirted to gain some much needed strength.

With Dee being a senior, he's going to log 30+ MPG.

Austin is PG as well, right?

Yes Austin is a pg.I think but not 100% that Sumner is a bit of a combo. I agree though and hope Sumner is bench pressing as I type this and then eats 2 steaks and tops it off with a milkshake. I'm afraid if Dee plays 30 plus min a game it will be another tough year. He has been starting 2 years and hasn't average even near 10ppg unless I am mistaken. He may very well have someone teaching him how to shoot a jumper with his elbow not flying all over the place and be a pretty good shooter. I hope so.

Olsingledigit
06-24-2014, 09:57 PM

I would say Abell and Bluiett.