PDA

View Full Version : Big East Championships

Xaveriana
05-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Pardon is this has already been posted.

Is XU Baseball the first team to win a Big East Championship among the 3 new Big East teams?

Seems like we are fitting in well in the new conference.

Retire33
05-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Pardon is this has already been posted.

Is XU Baseball the first team to win a Big East Championship among the 3 new Big East teams?

Seems like we are fitting in well in the new conference.

If I'm not mistaken, The X swimming and diving won BE title this winter.

BMoreX
05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
X won men's swimming and baseball.

Neither Creighton nor Butler won a championship this season.

Muskied
05-27-2014, 09:21 AM

I think for most fans, we only considered about the impact moving to the BE would have on Men's Basketball. I think it's awesome to see that not only is Xavier competing in other sports, but they have been raising their success as well. I'm sure this has come at the expense of TREMENDOUS work, recruiting, and coaching that is often under reported compared to hoops. Not to mention, it identifies the huge importance of the All For One Fund-which impacts the entire athletic department. It all shows how committed Xavier is, and how the mission statement is consistent (hopefully) across every athletic program. This brings so much pride as an alum..I hope the news keeps coming, the funds keep increasing, and these sports and student athletes gain the attention they richly deserve. What a great time to be a Muskie.

X-band '01
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM

Creighton did win the regular season baseball title, however. Don't think Butler could make such a claim for any of their sports.

Irishdawg
05-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Butler can not. Oddly enough, Butler actually competed fairly well in most other sports besides Men's basketball. Really their best sport this year was Cross Country, where both the Men and Women finished 3rd in the Big East, but the women ended up 3rd in the nation, with two other Big East schools (Providence who won the conference and national titles and Georgetown) finishing in the top 5 nationally.

Good luck to X baseball in regional play.