PDA

View Full Version : Coach Fleming Announces Incoming Class

Muskie
05-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Xavier men’s soccer coach Andy Fleming revealed his 2014 recruiting class, which includes a two-time All-American, two all-conference transfers, four players who have served time with youth national teams and three ranked amongst the nation’s Top 150 prospects.
Announcing their intentions to enroll at Xavier next Fall are Kaleb Bayse (KY), Cory Brown (New Zealand), Josh Grant (OH), Eric McWoods (MO), Matt Nance (MI), Majed Osman (England), Alex Ridsdale (New Zealand), Cameron Taylor (IN), Riley Uhrin (OH) and Matt Vasquenza (CT).

Link (http://bit.ly/R9mmhU) to Press Release

Xtemporaneous
05-21-2014, 01:21 PM
You know, it is quite possible that Andy Fleming could bring Xavier's first national championship to Victory Parkway.

Muskie
05-21-2014, 03:55 PM
That would not surprise me in the least.

ammtd34
05-29-2014, 02:14 PM
That would not surprise me in the least.

Or me. I also wouldn't be surprised if he took a bigger job.

GoMuskies
05-29-2014, 02:16 PM
You know, it is quite possible that Andy Fleming could bring Xavier's first national championship to Victory Parkway.

No chance.

The baseball championship trophy will be in the case for a couple of months before Xavier's next soccer season starts.

XUGRAD80
05-29-2014, 05:15 PM

Wouldn't be the first.....check the records

Xtemporaneous
05-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Or me. I also wouldn't be surprised if he took a bigger job.

I think Greg Christopher is working to set him up nicely here with the new athletics outlook thingy. Not quite as high a scale as basketball but he's put three kids in the pros the last two years. He seems happy and is obviously doing something right. Not to mention a really great guy.

LA Muskie
05-30-2014, 12:24 PM
I think Greg Christopher is working to set him up nicely here with the new athletics outlook thingy. Not quite as high a scale as basketball but he's put three kids in the pros the last two years. He seems happy and is obviously doing something right. Not to mention a really great guy.
There's just not remotely the level of turnover at the soccer (and other non-rev sports) level as there is at the basketball/football level. And there's much more parity in the sport across the conferences. My brother is a college soccer coach; things seem much more about institutional fit, support, and personal factors (including cost of living) than the revenues sports where money and prestige often overwhelm other factors. Now I'm sure he would listen if a school like IU or Virginia came calling, but otherwise I think he's building a good thing, he has a ton of institutional support, and he's happy.

ArizonaXUGrad
07-11-2014, 06:23 PM

Who were the other two?

GIMMFD
07-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Who were the other two?

Matt Walker - Columbus Crew
Luke Spencer - New England Revolution (before he tore his ACL the first day of training and had to come back to Cinci for rehab, but was drafted.)

It's a quality class, Cory Brown is actually a center back/right back for the New Zealand national team, and shows good awareness, and makes big tackles. They're gonna need some scoring help, so with Will Walker and Jalen up there, maybe some of these kids can help find the back of the net. Majed may be a good option as he transferred in from West Virginia University which is a good soccer program as well. He's apparently a pretty damn good finisher. Plus he's English! Another good step in the right direction for the program.