PDA

View Full Version : Get Direct TV

MADXSTER
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
When you don't have Direct TV you check instagram.....

When you check instagram you see your side chick with Magic......

When you see your side chick with Magic you threaten to kill her......

When you threaten to kill her she records your racism......

When she records your racism you get banned for life.......

Don't get banned for life, Get Direct TV

via @FakeSportsCentr

nuts4xu
05-06-2014, 10:33 PM
I swear by Directv and recommend it to anyone looking for a cable/satellite tv provider.

GoMuskies
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
I swear by Directv and recommend it to anyone looking for a cable/satellite tv provider.

Me, too, but I don't want Donald Sterling going around advertising that he lets black people watch it with him.

nuts4xu
05-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Me, too, but I don't want Donald Sterling going around advertising that he lets black people watch it with him.

I have no idea what this means....

Muskie1000
05-07-2014, 07:12 AM
I had Cincy Bell calling me to try and switch to their new tv service. Ummm do you offer Sunday ticket? No. Then why would I switch? Morons.

nuts4xu
05-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I had Cincy Bell calling me to try and switch to their new tv service. Ummm do you offer Sunday ticket? No. Then why would I switch? Morons.

This question shuts up 99% of the providers trying to convince me to switch from Directv

PM Thor
05-07-2014, 11:29 AM

But you DO get all of the subscription channels on demand for free, and I mean ALL of them...even though I don't subscribe to any of them....nice glitch in the system.

blobfan
05-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Nice fake ad.

The problem comes when you have to turn the service off and they manufacture charges and harass you with bills then charge your credit card when they can't prove you agreed to said charges then every time you call they say "why don't you just start service again for the rate of..."

wkrq59
05-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Nice fake ad.

The problem comes when you have to turn the service off and they manufacture charges and harass you with bills then charge your credit card when they can't prove you agreed to said charges then every time you call they say "why don't you just start service again for the rate of..."

Exactly why I went with Dish 15 years ago and have had no reason to regret since

bjf123
05-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Nice fake ad.

I had no problems when I canceled my DirecTV and switched to CinBell's Fioptics. They wanted to keep me, but couldn't match the price. No extra charges, no hassles. They were very professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulxu
05-07-2014, 01:34 PM
The "problem" comes when your side chick is with your teammate...then you wake up in the playoff ditch.

Milhouse
05-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Loving FiOptics with Cincy Bell.

Currently without cable and looking for a provider. Can't stand Time Warner Cable.

flatspat
05-07-2014, 03:46 PM

Nuts,

I totally concur w/ your assessment of Directv. But one thing to beware of is if you have a sports package and do not cancel they automatically renew it. Last year I moved out of state for work. I got the MLB extra innings pkg. I wrongfully assumed the subscription ended when the season did. I did not want it this season but got billed for it. They eventually made it right.

paulxu
05-07-2014, 04:11 PM
If you think Time Warner is bad...just wait until Comcast gets ahold of it.

sirthought
05-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Loving being cable/sata free! Viva la Internets!

sirthought
05-07-2014, 05:35 PM
If you think Time Warner is bad...just wait until Comcast gets ahold of it.

Comcast is selling all of their Ohio-Kentucky Time Warner customers to Charter Cable.

D-West & PO-Z
05-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Comcast is selling all of their Ohio-Kentucky Time Warner customers to Charter Cable.

Wow Charter is the worst! I had that when I was in St Louis.

I have DirecTV now and love it, love the NFL ticket. I got an amazing three year rate when I signed up last summer at Costco. Only problem I will have is I am moving to Columbus in August and I need to find a place to rent that will let me put a satellite up. Hope it isnt too big of an issue.

Porkopolis
05-07-2014, 08:28 PM
I love my DirecTV. Would not give it up. But I also love my FiOptics internet and couldn't go back to Time Warner's speeds.

LA Muskie
05-07-2014, 08:36 PM
My only complaint with DirecTV is their (understandable) lack of a viable broadband solution and their (somewhat less understandable) lack of a broadband partner. I pay WAY too much for TV, Internet and Digital Phone (the latter two with Time Warner) as a result.

xu82
05-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Wow Charter is the worst! I had that when I was in St Louis.

I have DirecTV now and love it, love the NFL ticket. I got an amazing three year rate when I signed up last summer at Costco. Only problem I will have is I am moving to Columbus in August and I need to find a place to rent that will let me put a satellite up. Hope it isnt too big of an issue.

Comcast was good in Florida but has a bad reputation here. But NOTHING could be worse than Charter. I like DirecTV but really only have it for NFL Ticket. Generally use AT&T which is pretty good. DirecTV has awesome service if you want to increase your monthly bill, but they forgot to staff the positions in the "Bill Reduction Department". They hope you'll give up or they keep you on hold until you're old and senile and forgot why you called.

Also, DirecTV seems to have the money for a good lobbying campaign. The law is generally in your favor regarding having satellite TV in a rental. They can prohibit you from putting holes in a landlords roof, etc., but reasonable arrangements should be possible. HOA's and deed restrictions cannot prohibit you if done properly.

paulxu
05-07-2014, 10:00 PM
I've got Charter at home, and Comcast down on the coast.

I wake up every morning in a ditch.

xu82
05-07-2014, 10:59 PM
I've got Charter at home, and Comcast down on the coast.

I wake up every morning in a ditch.

Refer to thread title??? When I had Direct TV as my primary source I always had at least a minimum cable package as a back up. Part of that is being wasteful and lazy, and part is due to loss of service during storms. It's real - at least in Florida - and it always happens in the last 2 minutes of the game. It's like magic!

Milhouse
05-08-2014, 07:35 AM
I really am enjoying having the cord cut for now. I don't watch much baseball, but that is constantly on everywhere in Cincinnati, and the NBA playoffs are very easy to stream.

Got my first FiOptics Bill yesterday and it was $40....I was paying $160 a month for Time Warner.

I will need to find something though, I need cable for College Football and College Basketball come Fall and I am severely missing my HBO GO.

nuts4xu
05-08-2014, 08:34 AM
I really am enjoying having the cord cut for now.

Good luck with that. I have seen a lot of my friends attempt to cut the cord, but when it comes to sports, they end up at my house. They last most of the way through baseball season, but once football starts up...they go back to satellite or cable. IF they make it to basketball season, they all stop showing up at my house mooching my Directv.

Don't end up in a road side ditch.

Get Directv....and tell them I referred you. If you do, Directv will give you a $100.

Kahns Krazy
05-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Does anyone remember "On TV" - the original pay tv service in Cincinnati?

muskiefan82
05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Does anyone remember "On TV" - the original pay tv service in Cincinnati?

I do. The original channel 64. My father built a box that would unscramble it for free. Good stuff. I cut the cord a few years ago and went OTA and streaming. Set my PC up as a DVR, got Hulu Plus, AMazon Prime, and Netflix and moved on with my life. Love it.

sirthought
05-18-2014, 09:27 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/18/att-buys-directv/

AT&T to buy DirecTV for $48.5 billion

AT&T clearly isn't taking Comcast's recent acquisition efforts lying down; it just announced plans to buy DirecTV in a deal worth about $48.5 billion. The communications giant sees a takeover as an opportunity to expand how it delivers video beyond just the bundles it has today. If officials approve the merger, AT&T could send conventional and internet-based video to virtually any place you happen to be, whether it's on your phone or in mid-flight. This also represents a content grab -- DirecTV has the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket and other premium programming, so there's a chance that much of its content could reach U-verse and other AT&T offerings.

The telecom is making a lot of promises to assuage regulators that will no doubt look at the proposed mega-buyout very closely -- AT&T clearly wants to avoid a repeat of its failed attempt to buy T-Mobile in 2011. It hopes to bring high-speed internet access to 15 million additional customers, primarily in rural areas where a mix of fixed wireless and fiber-to-the-home could get people online. It's also guaranteeing internet-only service plans fast enough for online video ("at least" 6Mbps) for the next three years, and it will honor the FCC's 2010 net neutrality rules (which typically prevent blocking or throttling internet services) for that same period of time. DirecTV's stand-alone packages would be available at consistent prices nationwide during this stretch, too.

Masterofreality
05-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Pretty Ironic that in the late 1970's the US Government forced the Bell System (AT&T) to break up calling it a monopoly. Now this.

My dad worked for Western Electric. He retired after 45 years, mostly because of the changes caused by the ordered break up. While the Bell System was a monopoly, it was one that worked. Bell Labs created an incredible array of telecommunications products- including mobile phones. The breakup caused a bunch of regional phone companies, all of which have been reabsorbed, a spin off of Bell Labs and Western to first Lucent Technologies - and now a French company Alcatel owns it after Lucent had financial issues. Now AT&T is arguably bigger than it was before the breakup. My home internet, phone service and TV are all on an AT&T Bill.

We definitely have more competition in the telephone business now with the number of cell phone providers, and who knows where technology would have taken us and who would have invented what. But have we been better off after the AT&T breakup?