PDA

View Full Version : Marquette Loses Anchor of 2014 Class

Muskie
04-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Link (http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/17/ahmed-hill-released-from-his-national-letter-of-intent-to-marquette/)

Ahmed Hill announced on twitter on Thursday night that he had been released from his letter of intent and will be reopening his recruitment. Hill is a 6-foot-5 off-guard from Georgia that ranks as the No. 69 recruit in the country, according to Rivals (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Ahmed-Hill-130858).
Hill is the first of Marquette’s five-man recruiting class to make it official that he will not be a Golden Eagle under new head coach Steve Wojciechowski.

Hill also tweeted Marquette fans and expressed his regret that he wouldn't be playing at Marquette. He stated he has a better relationship with Buzz than the new coach.

Mrs. Garrett
04-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Link (http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/17/ahmed-hill-released-from-his-national-letter-of-intent-to-marquette/)

Ahmed Hill announced on twitter on Thursday night that he had been released from his letter of intent and will be reopening his recruitment. Hill is a 6-foot-5 off-guard from Georgia that ranks as the No. 69 recruit in the country, according to Rivals (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Ahmed-Hill-130858).
Hill is the first of Marquette’s five-man recruiting class to make it official that he will not be a Golden Eagle under new head coach Steve Wojciechowski.

Hill also tweeted Marquette fans and expressed his regret that he wouldn't be playing at Marquette. He stated he has a better relationship with Buzz than the new coach.

Malek Harris, another top 100 player out of the Chicago area also opted out at Marquette. I can't remember if he had signed or was just a verbal. Harris was suspended for his entire senior season. I think he can still choose Marqueete, but has opened up his recruiting for other schools

Chalmers0
04-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Malek Harris, another top 100 player out of the Chicago area also opted out at Marquette. I can't remember if he had signed or was just a verbal. Harris was suspended for his entire senior season. I think he can still choose Marqueete, but has opened up his recruiting for other schools

I believe I read part of Buzz's rift with the administration was the fact they they didn't want Harris there given his history, but I could be wrong.

Marial Shayok already was released as well and holds offers from Indiana and Michigan.

Wojo is definitely going to have a busy spring period.

GIMMFD
04-17-2014, 12:44 PM
And the cookie starts crumbling, Marquette could be very bad next year. Sheesh.

Cheesehead
05-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Harris was not signed and word was that Buzz was waiting for some of the backlash to die down and then was going to sign him and the folks at Marquette were not thrilled with this recruit. I don't recall what the kid did to get suspended but I do recall the baggage was significant.

mohr5150
05-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Harris was suspended for 11 games his junior year, also. Sounds like a great kid when you lose almost half your junior year and all of your senior year. If this was the riff between Marquette and Williams, then good for Marquette having at least some moral compass.

Masterofreality
05-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Harris was suspended for 11 games his junior year, also. Sounds like a great kid when you lose almost half your junior year and all of your senior year. If this was the riff between Marquette and Williams, then good for Marquette having at least some moral compass.

As we've said, there is more to the Buzz leaving Marquette story than just basketball performance.

Emp
05-08-2014, 11:49 PM
As we've said, there is more to the Buzz leaving Marquette story than just basketball performance.

Like the use of the royal "we" there, MOR. For those of us who dont read every thread and post, refresh our recollection please on the Paul Harvey Rest of the Story?