PDA

View Full Version : Final A-10 Standings and 2008 Tournament Bracket

vee4xu
03-08-2008, 08:41 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/atl10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2008-MBB-Bracket.pdf

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/confstandings?confID=3

Looks like X plays winner of LaSalle/URI

joebba
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Who's at the top? The two programs who have done the best in this conference since XU joined the league.

JAPER
03-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm almost certain UD will face SLU in the 8/9 game. Winner gets X. Lasalle won tiebreaker with UD to finish #7

vee4xu
03-08-2008, 08:50 PM
You are correct Japer. I will be rooting for the Billikens. No desire to test fate in the A-10 tourney.

vee4xu
03-08-2008, 09:25 PM
http://atlantic10.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/atl10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/bracket08

X plays the winner of ud/LaSalle. Here is the bracket with the teams.

XUOWNSUC
03-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't see UD/LaSalle - I see ud/St. Louis.

vee4xu
03-08-2008, 09:29 PM
My bad, I meant SLU.

XUOWNSUC
03-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Temple has an easy match-up - they play the winner of LaSuck and Duquesndndense.

nuts4xu
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I want to play ud a 3rd time, because they blow, and we would crush them. Plus, it gives us another chance to close the gap in the overall series with that garbage team from dayton.

Flexo
03-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if we got to pick which teams that would play in the first-round game leading into the game against us in the quarterfinals? And then Temple would get the next two picks because they're the 2 seed and so on until the bracket was filled.

You'd either pick the two worst teams, obviously, or the two teams you feel like you match up best against. One of these crappy, perennial-16-seed leagues is going to adopt this strategy someday just for the publicity. Just you wait.

On a more serious note, we're winning this thing.

lavenders legion
03-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Dayton will have the savior reincarinated in Chris Wright so I don't know if I like another match up with them. Then again we are the A-10 Champions and UDump not in their uDump of an arena. I dunno, I just don't want to give them any reason to have hope

American X
03-08-2008, 10:58 PM
This thread is governmental it is filled with so much misinformation. So Xavier is playing the winner of which matchup Thursday at noon? What is the 4/5 matchup?

Flexo
03-08-2008, 11:01 PM
We play the winner of Dayton-Saint Louis.

XU '11
03-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Well, so much for the top seed earning an easier road to the championship. To win the thing we need to beat (in my opinion) the next 3 of the best teams in the conference in Dayton, St Joe's, and Temple/UMass. That's rough!

X-band '01
03-09-2008, 08:03 AM
St. Joe's would be playing their 3rd game in 3 days if they play us; who knows what Richmond will do with them in the quarters. And that's assuming that Fordham doesn't decide they want to play ball again and upset the Hawks.

This tournament is going to be wide-ass open this year.

pizza delivery
03-09-2008, 09:47 AM
would anyone like to refer to the A10 site for information?

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/atl10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/mensbracket

drudy23
03-09-2008, 10:14 AM
The brackets won't hold true...they never do.

drudy23
03-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, so much for the top seed earning an easier road to the championship. To win the thing we need to beat (in my opinion) the next 3 of the best teams in the conference in Dayton, St Joe's, and Temple/UMass. That's rough!

UMass has the toughest draw of the top 4 seeds. They're lucky enough to get the URI/Charlotte winner. Let's be honest, URI is not an 11 seed, and are talented enough to win this thing. As is Charlotte.

Then, if they win that, they'll have to play Temple....and then likely us.

Masterofreality
03-09-2008, 11:14 AM
The thing is, if Rhode Island would have held serve at home last night, because of the tiebreakers, Xavier would have played the winner of LaSuck and Charlotte. They screwed up, and screwed us.

Another way that Xavier has gotten no breaks in this league this year- but have prevailed anyway. Now the dump will have all their players back for the tournament. At least it will keep our guys' attention up.

ford
03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
i want to play as many more top 50 RPI teams we can (that includes dayton). it wil only help our case for a 2 seed, which we could still get if we win out, and get some help maybe from one other team ahead of us. Our record vs top 50 and 100 matches up with anyone in the country

bourbonman
03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
i want to play as many more top 50 RPI teams we can (that includes dayton). it wil only help our case for a 2 seed...

It should help our case for a 3 and keep us from a 4. Doubt we have any chance for a 2. The A10 fell apart too much for us to get to a 2, IMO.

West is Best
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm not as worried about Dayton as some other posters are. Chris Wright is returning to a completely different team. Also, he hasn't played a game since January and will now have to play 2 games roughly 22 hours apart. Bike riding can only do so much, so I don't expect him to be on the floor as much as UD will need him.

St Joe's is the only team on our side of the bracket that poses a real threat. If they lose, I think we make it to the finals pretty easily.

LA Muskie
03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Dayton has won their last 3, including a home win against SJU yesterday (their other 2 wins were Fordham and SBU, neither of which is particularly noteworthy although both were on the road). If we learned one lesson from the last few weeks it's that without Drew at full strength, no game is a lock. Lest we forget, yesterday was a Senior Night home game against a sub-100 team whose best win this season was over Dayton at home (their best road win of the year was over #85 Charlotte). In other words, yesterday was a great game but let's not get carried away...

kyxu
03-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Dayton has won their last 3, including a home win against SJU yesterday (their other 2 wins were Fordham and SBU, neither of which is particularly noteworthy although both were on the road). If we learned one lesson from the last few weeks it's that without Drew at full strength, no game is a lock. Lest we forget, yesterday was a Senior Night home game against a sub-100 team whose best win this season was over Dayton at home (their best road win of the year was over #85 Charlotte). In other words, yesterday was a great game but let's not get carried away...

Agreed. I really don't want to play Dayton again. People say they don't match up well with us, but I don't see it. UD's got some momentum. Our first game is going to be a bear. UD will smoke St. Louis.

xu95
03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
They play the day before, but that early in the tourney, that doesn't matter. The fatigue won't kick in for them until Friday or Saturday. I guess it is a good thing they won't make it that far.

xu95