PDA

View Full Version : Creighton Locker Room Post Baylor

mohr5150
03-26-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm one to give major props to a great team, and I thought Creighton was a great team this season. It shocked the hell out of me how they went out on Sunday. The locker room speech after the game given by Greg McDermott was top notch:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/greg-mcdermott-s-emotional-locker-room-speech-to-creighton-is-must-see-233004878.html

The unconditional love he obviously has for his team is amazing to see. That's what makes a great team, boys. I hope to see that again at X real soon.

Retire33
03-26-2014, 08:42 PM
That was very well done and as honest and well thought out as one could be in the moment

xudash
03-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Classy guy and a classy program. I really like that we're associated with Creighton now.

They were fun to watch this season, except for a particular game that was played in Omaha this year.

DC Muskie
03-26-2014, 09:07 PM
The unconditional love he obviously has for his team is amazing to see. That's what makes a great team, boys. I hope to see that again at X real soon.

Sorry, but I hate comments like this. Do you have evidence that our coaches don't have "unconditional love?" When did you see that before and when, with evidence, did it leave?

We have a great program. It's not defined by "great teams" who don't win their regular season title or conference title, or lose in the second round of the tournament.

Nice speech by the coach. But holy cow that was not some incredible moment.

Masterofreality
03-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Great job by a very good and classy man. His son is a reflection of the father, who obviously, along with his mother, has raised Doug well.

I love this league, and the schools in it. Something different about it. Maybe in a few years after it really gets going, there will be arrogant rivalries and spewed vitriol, but I neither see nor feel any of that now. I truly root for every Big East team to do well.

So we'll done, Coach. Extremely we'll done.

bleedXblue
03-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Great stuff. Class all the way. I admire their program. They do things the right way.

DC Muskie
03-26-2014, 09:24 PM
By the way did anyone, except me, notice that McDermott thought Creighton still had the better team?

Um...coach...no you didn't. You lost by 30. Not by five, or by ten. You weren't a possession or two away from winning that game...you got your doors blown off.

I hate, absolutely hate the word "class." I would argue if you could find a coach after getting blown out and ending a season like that would have any other reaction that McDermott had, minus the "better team" argument. That's not "class." That's doing your job as a coach of college kids trying to put things in perspective. Reminding them that the end doesn't define the season as a whole.

As season mind you, that netted zero championships. With one of the best collegiate players of all time, losing in the second round the way they did, they have nothing to show for it, then a few pats on the back from fans of other programs who think overall the coach was "classy."

God I hope that is something we never, ever measure success in Xavier basketball. Winning at the highest level and doing it with dignity are not mutually exclusive ideas.

GoMuskies
03-26-2014, 09:47 PM
That's a nice little speech to say goodbye to the last good team McDermott will ever coach.

mohr5150
03-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Sorry, but I hate comments like this. Do you have evidence that our coaches don't have "unconditional love?" When did you see that before and when, with evidence, did it leave?

We have a great program. It's not defined by "great teams" who don't win their regular season title or conference title, or lose in the second round of the tournament.

Nice speech by the coach. But holy cow that was not some incredible moment.

Wow. I'm sorry for urinating in your choice of breakfast foods. I thought it was a really cool moment shared between a coach and his players, showing some serious man love for each other. I haven't really had that feeling shown from our coach and players for a few years, especially since the fight. I'm not saying at all that Mack doesn't love his players, it just hasn't been overly obvious as it was with this Creighton team this year. All year long they acted like a band of brothers. I haven't had the same feeling about our teams recently. I believe the last team that showed this type of love for each other was Burrell's senior year.

GetUp5
03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Very cool, no doubt.

I played in college and this is something that happens in most locker rooms after close knit, good teams end their season. It's not terribly uncommon, but definitely cool nonetheless.

Also glad we are associated with Creighton.

DC Muskie
03-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Wow. I'm sorry for urinating in your choice of breakfast foods. I thought it was a really cool moment shared between a coach and his players, showing some serious man love for each other. I haven't really had that feeling shown from our coach and players for a few years, especially since the fight. I'm not saying at all that Mack doesn't love his players, it just hasn't been overly obvious as it was with this Creighton team this year. All year long they acted like a band of brothers. I haven't had the same feeling about our teams recently. I believe the last team that showed this type of love for each other was Burrell's senior year.

Wow, I'm sorry you haven't felt that way about the team you cheer for. I've read since Burrell's year about how close the team is. Especially this year, that's all we read about how close the team is, battling for one in other. Hopefully they can be more obvious to you. I didn't watch all of the brand of brother games this year, but it must have been something to behold, because at the end of a championshipless season, saying after you got blow out by 30 that you still believe that you are the better team is something to admire.

I wish they had shown what Mack said in the locker room up in Dayton. That would have been a "cool" moment for some of you.

bleedXblue
03-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Wow, I'm sorry you haven't felt that way about the team you cheer for. I've read since Burrell's year about how close the team is. Especially this year, that's all we read about how close the team is, battling for one in other. Hopefully they can be more obvious to you. I didn't watch all of the brand of brother games this year, but it must have been something to behold, because at the end of a championshipless season, saying after you got blow out by 30 that you still believe that you are the better team is something to admire.

I wish they had shown what Mack said in the locker room up in Dayton. That would have been a "cool" moment for some of you.

Excuse the hell out of some of us for admiring the way Creighton does things. They may have gotten blown out last week, but they received a ton of national press all year long and will undoubtedly have the national POY. Xavier isn't the only school that strives to do things the right way. Take off your blinders.

LadyMuskie
03-27-2014, 05:58 PM
This thread is (unintentionally) hysterical.

bleedXblue
03-27-2014, 06:05 PM
This thread is (unintentionally) hysterical.

I'm teetering on the fence. Hysterical or sad? Not sure which way it's gonna fall.

waggy
03-27-2014, 06:08 PM
I haven't watched the vid, but McDermontt seems like a real solid guy to me. Every single time I've seen him interviewed he's said all the right things. Some guys just stare off into space..

DC Muskie
03-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Excuse the hell out of some of us for admiring the way Creighton does things. They may have gotten blown out last week, but they received a ton of national press all year long and will undoubtedly have the national POY. Xavier isn't the only school that strives to do things the right way. Take off your blinders.

Sorry if I have a problem with someone saying:

Man Creighton is so awesome. This is how great teams are great. They really care for one another. I wish Xavier had that.

You can admire Creighton without taking shots at Xavier.

I have no problem with Creighton. But face it, they didn't accomplish much. In fact they have never accomplished much. Like Go said, it was a nice speech, not something that needs overt praise, especially when you watch it and the coach is talking about how he actually thinks he still has a better team. Talk about blinders.

It never ceases to amaze me what impresses people. Creighton does a great job of scoring, and then losing when it counts. To some of you it's really impressive when a coach talks to his team about how much better team they actually are compared to the team they just lost to. Some of you simply put your blinders on and miss that point. Had Cronin said it, some of you would have jumped all over him.

bleedXblue
03-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Sorry if I have a problem with someone saying:

Man Creighton is so awesome. This is how great teams are great. They really care for one another. I wish Xavier had that.

You can admire Creighton without taking shots at Xavier.

I have no problem with Creighton. But face it, they didn't accomplish much. In fact they have never accomplished much. Like Go said, it was a nice speech, not something that needs overt praise, especially when you watch it and the coach is talking about how he actually thinks he still has a better team. Talk about blinders.

It never ceases to amaze me what impresses people. Creighton does a great job of scoring, and then losing when it counts. To some of you it's really impressive when a coach talks to his team about how much better team they actually are compared to the team they just lost to. Some of you simply put your blinders on and miss that point. Had Cronin said it, some of you would have jumped all over him.

You're whacked. He made a casual comment about the game and Stanford. What the hell is he supposed to say? 99% of the speech was about his team, the year they had, the memories etc

They didn't accomplish much? They were ranked almost the entire year. Finished 2nd in the Big East and will have the POY in all of college basketball. I'd take that pretty much every damn year.

DC Muskie
03-27-2014, 07:27 PM
You're whacked. He made a casual comment about the game and Stanford. What the hell is he supposed to say? 99% of the speech was about his team, the year they had, the memories etc

They didn't accomplish much? They were ranked almost the entire year. Finished 2nd in the Big East and will have the POY in all of college basketball. I'd take that pretty much every damn year.

Okay. I enjoyed 2004 much better then 2003. They even made a video. Maybe you've watched it, it was pretty good. I'd take 2004 pretty much every damn year.

Seriously though I'm sorry I interrupted the big circle jerk for Creighton's second round exit post game speech.

floorsweeper
04-02-2014, 12:18 PM
" Xavier isn't the only school that strives to do things the right way."

Now that is " (unintentionally) hysterical"...............

LadyMuskie
04-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Everyone's favorite janitorial staffer is back!

xudash
04-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Everyone's favorite janitorial staffer is back!

Not really:

Today, 01:18 PM
floorsweeper
Freshman
This message is hidden because floorsweeper is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

For that matter, why is this loser allowed to post here at all?

xubrew
04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I needed this thread. Thanks to everyone, especially DC Muskie.

LadyMuskie
04-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Not really:

Today, 01:18 PM
floorsweeper
Freshman
This message is hidden because floorsweeper is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

For that matter, why is this loser allowed to post here at all?

I thought he was banned, but maybe it was only temporary. I'm already missing the rational NC State fans who visited.