PDA

View Full Version : MVC Tourney

beatuc
03-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I am watching the MVC tourney right now, and the place looks pretty packed with a great atmosphere. This really ticks me off because I have thought our tourney attendance and atmosphere is horrible with the exception of when it was in Dayton or Cincy. Even then I still didn't think it was that great. This is an embarrassment.

X-band '01
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM
St. Louis is centrally located for the MVC; that's also where the conference is headquartered. They've had the tournament in St. Louis for as long as I can remember.

Masterofreality
03-08-2008, 05:55 AM
The attendance in Cincy sucked the first year. You heard crickets chirping in USeless Bunk Arena after XU and the dump both lost early.

Only the fact that Xavier made another 4 in 4 run saved the tourney the second year. It was not a broad based attendance bump.

The league needs to stop moving the damn thing all over. Leave it in one place. Puuting it in a gambling mecca is a stroke of genius (not!), although with the competitiveness of the league there may be better attendance this year. It's too bad that the good OOC record teams got dragged down in the muck of the bottom feeders like LaSuck, who, after screwing up a few people, will still finish 9th.

Unfortunately, Philly is probably the best place for it although I'd love for it to be in Charlotte for ancillary golf purposes.

D-West & PO-Z
03-08-2008, 04:45 PM
I went to the MVC tourney first session yesterday and saw an ok game and a great game. The Creighton Bradley game was very good. The attendance and atmosphere were also very very good, and I also attribute it to the location of the tournament relative to the schools. I dont watch the MVC very closely, but of the 4 teams I saw they all seemed very run and gun 'ish. The Emmenecker kid from Drake who won player of the year has a lot of Steve Nash in him, not necessarily the same ability, but the same type of play. I was thoroughly entertained with the games and the atmosphere though, and that is coming from someone with no ties or anything with the MVC.