PDA

View Full Version : If the Big East was Game of Thrones

BMoreX
02-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Not sure if there are any GoT fans here, but thought this was a fun read.

http://friarblog.com/2014/02/10/if-the-big-east-was-in-game-of-thrones/

SlimKibbles
02-10-2014, 07:58 PM
I love GoT. Entertaining read. The Tyrell's and X comparison works for me. Who is the Queen of Thorns though? Thanks for sharing!

Nigel Tufnel
02-10-2014, 08:32 PM
I love GoT. Entertaining read. The Tyrell's and X comparison works for me. Who is the Queen of Thorns though? Thanks for sharing!

She is the matriarch of House Tyrell. She pretty much runs their family. She is also smarter than pretty much everyone on the show. She has an acerbic wit. She is played by Diana Rigg on the show and pretty much steals every scene she is in.

paulxu
02-10-2014, 08:47 PM
She is the matriarch of House Tyrell. She pretty much runs their family. She is also smarter than pretty much everyone on the show. She has an acerbic wit. She is played by Diana Rigg on the show and pretty much steals every scene she is in.

Lady Muskie?

BMoreX
02-10-2014, 09:07 PM

Lady Muskie?

Sister Rose.

SlimKibbles
02-10-2014, 10:50 PM

I know, and I agree with you on the last sentence. I meant who at X is the Queen of Thorns. Paul and BMore got it.

LadyMuskie
02-10-2014, 10:55 PM

Lady Muskie?

This does sound like me :wink:

Jumpy
02-11-2014, 06:26 AM
That was entertaining and very well thought out. Kudos to Daniel James for taking the time to piece it together.

kyxu
02-11-2014, 06:28 AM

Excellent summary.

Wow, I am a nerd.

paulxu
02-11-2014, 08:19 AM
This is an interesting reminder of the span of years on this board.
Nigel makes this comment:

Now, here comes the generational split; I've never seen the Game of Thrones, so I have no idea what goes on at all. I have only Nigel's comment and the reference to Diana Rigg. BMoreX has obviously seen the show, and correctly decides that today's Diana Rigg is sort of like Sister Rose. With Nigel's definition and this recent photo, I see that now:

http://assets-s3.rollingstone.com/assets/images/list/dianna-rigg-got-1364317024.jpg

As to my comparison to The Lady Muskie, you've got to remember that I've never seen GoT, and I remember Diana Rigg from the Avengers when she looked like this (which I'm going to assume is a close approximation of TLM given her age):

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130420044557/jamesbond/images/6/6e/601630_507868149251287_626196259.jpg

BBC 08
02-11-2014, 08:58 AM
She was also Lady Holiday in the Great Muppet Caper.

LadyMuskie
02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
This is an interesting reminder of the span of years on this board.
Nigel makes this comment:

Now, here comes the generational split; I've never seen the Game of Thrones, so I have no idea what goes on at all. I have only Nigel's comment and the reference to Diana Rigg. BMoreX has obviously seen the show, and correctly decides that today's Diana Rigg is sort of like Sister Rose. With Nigel's definition and this recent photo, I see that now:

http://assets-s3.rollingstone.com/assets/images/list/dianna-rigg-got-1364317024.jpg

As to my comparison to The Lady Muskie, you've got to remember that I've never seen GoT, and I remember Diana Rigg from the Avengers when she looked like this (which I'm going to assume is a close approximation of TLM given her age):

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130420044557/jamesbond/images/6/6e/601630_507868149251287_626196259.jpg

Yikes! I definitely fall into the age category of the bottom pic as opposed to the top pic!

X-man
02-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Yikes! I definitely fall into the age category of the bottom pic as opposed to the top pic!

Me too. I loved that show from the opening credits to everything Diana Rigg.

LadyMuskie
02-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Me too. I loved that show from the opening credits to everything Diana Rigg.

No! Wait! I mean I'm the age of the person in the bottom pick. Geez. I do not remember The Avengers on tv. I think that maybe there was an Avengers movie in the 90s with Sean Connery and Ralph Fiennes, but I'm not sure about that either. Anyway, I'm only 34 so I look more like the person in the bottom picture.