PDA

View Full Version : Creighton!!!! Holy Crap!!!!!

xubrew
01-20-2014, 06:29 PM
They're putting on an absolute shooting clinic at Nova. They can't miss!! Don't know if they'll keep this up but no one has lit up Nova like this. They're a tough defensive team and Creighton is stomping on their teeth.

nuts4xu
01-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Wow, they are up by 23 after a 14-4 run to start the half. Can't believe how well Creighton is playing on the road after a tough loss to Providence the other night. Damn they are GOOD!

XU 87
01-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Now they're up by 30...... against the #4 team in the country......... on the road. Impressive.

GoMuskies
01-20-2014, 07:26 PM
19-31 from 3

Michigan Muskie
01-20-2014, 07:27 PM
This is a team built for a deep run in March. I hope we can hang a loss on them in Cincy, but I would not be surprised to see Creighton competing into April.

bleedXblue
01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
This is a team built for a deep run in March. I hope we can hang a loss on them in Cincy, but I would not be surprised to see Creighton competing into April.

Agree. You just want to avoid a really bad match up. I think if they get to the Sweet 16, they could make a FF appearance. It's getting through that first weekend.

GoMuskies
01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
They could beat anyone or lose to anyone in March depending on what they do on any given night from behind the arc.

GoMuskies
01-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Looking at their schedule, Creighton SHOULD win their next 5 in a row and go into their home tilt against Nova 19-3, 11-1.

XU 87
01-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Creighton has now opened it up to a 38 point lead. And as I type this they dunk to go up by 40. Wow.

xubrew
01-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Their defense isn't the best. That can hurt them in March. As unreal as they've looked tonight this isn't a typical shooting night.

Cheesehead
01-20-2014, 07:46 PM
This kinda reminds me of when X dismantled St. Joe's. Only X didn't shoot nearly this well.

X Factor
01-20-2014, 07:46 PM
They do lose McDermott, Wragge, and Manigat next year.

That's gonna HURT.

vee4xu
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
They could beat anyone or lose to anyone in March depending on what they do on any given night from behind the arc.

Quite a bit of truth to this statement. Also, not sure what they have coming back or incoming next year, so maybe they will have to really enjoy this year and hope they can do something in March 2014. In short, can they sustain it for years to come?

bleedXblue
01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Looking at their schedule, Creighton SHOULD win their next 5 in a row and go into their home tilt against Nova 19-3, 11-1.

Tonight is their 16th win

NY44

That's gonna HURT.

I'm more excited for that graduation then I was for my own.

XUPhilly04

That's gonna HURT.

Earlier, I had to check to see what year Wragge was. I think the rest of the Big East will be happy to see him graduate.

bleedXblue
01-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Earlier, I had to check to see what year Wragge was. I think the rest of the Big East will be happy to see him graduate.

They also lose Gibbs who's playing in his 6th season b/c of injuries

StanleyOwnsYou
01-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Creighton is losing 4 starters in All American Doug McDermott, Grant Gibbs, Ethan Wragge and point guard Manigat. They currently have two 3 star unranked recruits signed for next season. Hope they enjoy it this year. Don't think Kyle Korver is walking through that door next season.

nuts4xu
01-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Creighton is losing 4 starters in All American Doug McDermott, Grant Gibbs, Ethan Wragge and point guard Manigat. They currently have two 3 star unranked recruits signed for next season. Hope they enjoy it this year. Don't think Kyle Korver is walking through that door next season.

Agreed. They are a potent team right now, but it will be interesting to see if they can maintain beyond this year.

Having said that, they are fun to watch and I can't wait for the rematch with them at the Cintas Center.

GoMuskies
01-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Here's an interesting piece of trivia: before today, last time Creighton beat a ranked team on that team's home court, Larry Bird played in the game.

nuts4xu
01-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Here's an interesting piece of trivia: before today, last time Creighton beat a ranked team on that team's home court, Larry Bird played in the game.

Wow that puts things in perspective. This is by far the best team they have ever had in my opinion.

xubrew
01-21-2014, 10:07 AM

Creighton won at Boston Garden?? Wow!!

paulxu
01-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Maybe the way to stay close to Creighton is just let Dougie get all his, and stop everybody else.

Edit: when there are 3 seconds left, and you're tied...go ahead and guard him.

NY44
01-29-2014, 06:28 AM
St. Johns made Creighton look very human last night. They were only beat because McDermott scored 60% of the teams points and hit a buzzer beater on a questionable moving screen. I'm not looking forward to playing St. Johns again, they have nothing to lose at this point, which makes them dangerous.

I also couldn't be more confident that Creighton will be nothing next year once their seniors leave.

Xtemporaneous
01-29-2014, 06:32 AM
Watch for Dougie's dad to jump ship once his son leaves.

bleedXblue
01-29-2014, 07:06 AM

Wheres he gonna go ?

I dont think he leaves. He sticks around and makes as much cash as possible for as long as they will let him.

drudy23
01-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Dougie D is the truth

GoMuskies
01-29-2014, 07:15 AM

No one will want him.

Titanxman04
01-29-2014, 07:17 AM
I don't see where he would go to that would be a step up. They jump to the Big East, having a onster yearso far, and he could easily use this as a huge recruiting tool. Not too mention the arena is better than most and the fan base is as loyal as can be from all accounts.

Where would he go to that would make sense?

Milhouse
01-29-2014, 07:20 AM
Yeah...I don't see him leaving. Could be as good as it gets for him at Creighton. They do not have a good recruiting class coming in. But that said you're a shooter that's got to be one of the top schools you want to go where you and all your teammates are given the green light.

I do have a fear of St. Johns turning it on and making a run at MSG to knock a BE team off the bubble...

GetUp5
01-29-2014, 09:13 AM
I agree, Creighton is going to have some real issues next season.. and maybe the couple seasons after that.

But, long term, I think Creighton is set up for success. That arena and their crowd support is an awesome recruiting tool. You are THE team in the area. There's no football team, there's no pro team.. there's nothing.

I think they'll be good again fairly quickly.

bobbiemcgee
01-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah...I don't see him leaving. Could be as good as it gets for him at Creighton. They do not have a good recruiting class coming in.

They were planning on JP Macura becoming the next Dougie....sorry, Jays.

xudash
01-29-2014, 11:14 AM
I agree, Creighton is going to have some real issues next season.. and maybe the couple seasons after that.

But, long term, I think Creighton is set up for success. That arena and their crowd support is an awesome recruiting tool. You are THE team in the area. There's no football team, there's no pro team.. there's nothing.

I think they'll be good again fairly quickly.

Agree completely. Excellent school to boot. They now have the Big East to market. Omaha apparently isn't all that bad, either.

DoubleD86
01-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Agree completely. Excellent school to boot. They now have the Big East to market. Omaha apparently isn't all that bad, either.

Add on a year full of big exposure and a likely tournament appearance and (hopefully) success. I think Creighton is set up to do plenty well, as long as McDermott himself can recruit.

xudash
01-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Add on a year full of big exposure and a likely tournament appearance and (hopefully) success. I think Creighton is set up to do plenty well, as long as McDermott himself can recruit.

There it is!