PDA

View Full Version : Nick Hagglund taken #10 by Toronto FC

DoubleD86
01-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Local Cincinnati product and Xavier graduate Nick Hagglund was selected with the 10th overall pick in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft by Toronto FC! He will join recent signings Michael Bradley and Jermaine Defoe on what is surely to be a vastly improved Toronto club.

Congratulations to Nick and all of the other draftees today.

Fun side note: Nick was one of three Big East players to be drafted in the top 10 (Steve Neumann of GTown taken #4 by New England and Eric Miller of Creighton taken #5 by Montreal)

Mods: did not notice the running commentary on the mock draft thread so feel free to delete this if desired.

GIMMFD
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Gotta love this guy:

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/01/29/tfc-training-camp-nick-hagglund

Muskie
01-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Anyone know if Nick has a chance of sticking with TFC?

GIMMFD
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Anyone know if Nick has a chance of sticking with TFC?

In my opinion I think so, the two center halves at Toronto are 31, and 33 respectively, and if Haggs takes in and learns from them I could see him starting in a few years with good development. Scouts loved his athleticism, plus he is pretty decent on the ball. We will see more as the friendlies go on the next couple months, but personally the skills and IQ are there to thrive at the next level. He seems pretty focused and I think he will be a solid player in the MLS for a good amount of time. There's a few ahead of him in the depth chart, but like I said, I think he can stay there and make an impact.

ammtd34
02-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Toronto certainly thinks so, too. I read an interview with their manager saying that they would have taken him regardless of their position in the draft, even if they had the #1 pick.

GIMMFD
02-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Started today in a pre-season friendly against DC United, had a goal line clearance at about the 18th minute or so, played really well, and got his first taste of playing with Michael Bradley!