PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Chris Wright Could Return for the A-10 Tourney

dc_x
03-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Wright getting close

Chris Wright worked out on a stationary bike while the Flyers went through their morning shoot-around at St. Bonaventure, and he was pedaling away as if he were getting ready for the Tour de France.

The freshman star has put on much upper-body muscle in the nearly two months he's been sidelined, and he's doing his best to make sure stamina isn't an issue when he returns.

It's possible Wright could play in the A-10 tourney, and the Flyers expect to have him back at least in time for postseason play, if they make it. And Gregory has stressed that the doctors won't put any limits on Wright when they clear him. He'll be able to play a full game if his conditioning holds up.

link (http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/college/ud/2008/03/05/ddn030608udnotes.html)

Say that UD finished A-10 play 8-8 and loses in the A-10 finals to X with a healthy Chris Wright - is that enough for an at large?

XU05and07
03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Even if Dayton finishes 8-8 in conference (which will be hard against St. Joe's), the article only said that it is possible that Wright will be back for the A10 tournament. Without him back for the conference tournament, they don't make it to the finals against X, especially since they are in a position to have to play us earlier in the tournament then the finals. Also, just because Chris Wright is back playing doesn't mean that he will be ready to give them the same production or the same minutes. I don't think Dayton has a chance to make it in unless they pull the unlikely and win the tournament

Muskie
03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
He's been out for awhile. I doubt he's in very good game shape. It's one thing to ride a stationary bike, it's another to grind away in the paint. It's good news foe UD, but I'm not sure how much good news.

boozehound
03-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Is Dayton even going to make the A-10 tournament?

If they do, I would image that Wright is going to be pretty rusty.

XU05and07
03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Is Dayton even going to make the A-10 tournament?

If they do, I would image that Wright is going to be pretty rusty.

They are in the A10 tournament...currently the 8th seed. The number 1 seed gets the winner of the 8/9 game

BlueGuy
03-06-2008, 10:39 AM
They are in the A10 tournament...currently the 8th seed. The number 1 seed gets the winner of the 8/9 game

Sweet. I can't wait to smoke them bitches for the 3rd time this year.

boozehound
03-06-2008, 10:40 AM
So assuming we are the 1 seed, and Dayton wins their first game, we get to beat them 3 times again this year?

That would be sweet!

PM Thor
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Does anyone else think that dayton rushed that kid onto the court too fast in the first place? Too much emphasis put on him and needing him to be a major contributor right away, and he goes down in the season.

I am not surprised he fell out halfway through the season.

dayton sucks, and I don't want to play them again. They don't even deserve to step on the same court with Xavier, and I want them to cease existing altogether.

vee4xu
03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
dayton sucks, and I don't want to play them again. They don't even deserve to step on the same court with Xavier, and I want them to cease existing altogether.

Ditto thor.

DC Muskie
03-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm glad the kid is back. We need all talented players to play in this tournament.

We need to show everyone what we are made of.

Kahns Krazy
03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
So assuming we are the 1 seed, and Dayton wins their first game, we get to beat them 3 times again this year?

That would be sweet!

We are the 1 seed. Locked that up a while ago.

beatuc
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Xavier will play the winner of the 8/9 game at 12:00 on Thursday. I was hoping this would be a night game.

xu95
03-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Xavier will play the winner of the 8/9 game at 12:00 on Thursday. I was hoping this would be a night game.

The number one seed always gets the noon game on Thursday and the first game on Friday. It makes perfect sense to give them the most rest.

xu95

vee4xu
03-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Even if he does, he will not be in game shape, so will only be a bit player in any failure that ud encounters next week.

joebba
03-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Hell, Binnies been playing and he's not in game shape yet.

Frank D.
03-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Dayton is in a similar position as we were in '04. They get a first round A-10 game and then play a top 10 team in the noon time-slot on Thursday. Beat us, and they are probably in (as hard as it seems to believe), lose and they are out.

Lunardi currently has them as one of the last 4 out, so if they beat SLU and us, one would assume that they would have a pretty good shot.

Snipe
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Dayton is a solid lock if they beat us. We need to end their season. The last thing I want is to hard the avalanche of UD smack if they beat us with Wright.

Snipe
03-09-2008, 01:09 PM
I think had Dayton been able to win 1 more conference game they would have been a lock at 9-7. Had they been able to pull out the UMass game at home they could have tied for 3rd and had a bye in the first round, and they would be safely in.

Boy did every game matter this year in the A-10.

xuwillie
03-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Do you really thing they are a look if they beat us? Lets say UMass makes it to the finals and someone like St. Joe's wins it. Will the A10 get 4 teams? I highly doubt it

Snipe
03-09-2008, 03:40 PM
If they beat us they will have won 5 straight with another marquee win. I don't think it matters what other teams do at that point. This is assuming they get Chris Wright back along with beating us. He is going to be part of their argument.

Frank D.
03-09-2008, 04:30 PM
If they beat us they will have won 5 straight with another marquee win. I don't think it matters what other teams do at that point. This is assuming they get Chris Wright back along with beating us. He is going to be part of their argument.

This is exactly right - some of Dayton's questionable losses will not be looked upon so harshly.

waggy
03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
There should be more media talk of Dayton's worthiness for an at-large. Remember, before the injuries they were one of the hottest teams in the country. They had some really nice wins during that stretch. If you look at the bubble right now Dayton should be in conversation. When the injuries are added to the consideration, it should put them in imo. I don't see how Dayton has to beat X, a top 10 team, to get an at-large. No one expects the same from teams in the BCS conferences.

XU Fan
03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
If Dayton beats Xavier in the A10 tournament then Dayton is definitely in the NCAA. Also, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle, and so on.

Snipe
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Dayton is no lock to get by Saint Louis. For RPI and SOS purposes we would rather play them though.

kyxu
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Dayton is no lock to get by Saint Louis. For RPI and SOS purposes we would rather play them though.

Honest question, but do you think RPI and SOS would really matter anymore in Xavier's situation for seeding?

joebba
03-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Who gives a Flying uh.... Flyer?

xuwillie
03-11-2008, 08:33 AM
The bubble is gettting smaller. If I were Dayton, Umass or St Joes I would think you will need to win the Tourny to get in. I see only 2 teams going from the A10 which will be a shame