PDA

View Full Version : UC just realized their conference sucks

XUOHTX
01-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Read an article in the Enquirer about how UC is adjusting to life outside the Big East. This quote in particular made me happy.

“There’s nothing like the Big East,” Jackson said. “That’s why I came here. Who wouldn’t like to play in the Big East? Definitely, I’ll miss the Big East.”

JimCoker
01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Has anyone on here referenced Cronin's Bearcats as a new mid-major? Too bad you shouldn't acquire that title by going in the direction they are going.

Masterofreality
01-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Amazing that Koch would even go there. All it does is bring attention to Xavier's being in the BE.

Yeah, and they can hang on to that comment about Louisville being in the league for exactly 6 more months. Then it really drops to mid-major.

Cheesehead
01-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Read an article in the Enquirer about how UC is adjusting to life outside the Big East. This quote in particular made me happy.

“There’s nothing like the Big East,” Jackson said. “That’s why I came here. Who wouldn’t like to play in the Big East? Definitely, I’ll miss the Big East.”

Hah, Hah, Hah!!!!!!!!!!!

xubrew
01-03-2014, 09:17 AM
UC's OOC schedule is still far more pathetic than their conference schedule.

XUFan09
01-03-2014, 09:26 AM
UC's OOC schedule is still far more pathetic than their conference schedule.

Hey, their expected SOS is only 179th this time! That's good, right?

THRILLHOUSE
01-04-2014, 12:43 PM
"@ESPNAndyKaty: UC's Mick Cronin said wished Bearcats got tested early in non-conference before blitz at UNM, Xavier. But since Pitt W, UC has been strong."

You know Mick, you could actually schedule tougher opponents instead of scheduling the likes of Campbell, SC Upstate, Little Sisters of the Poor, etc. You don't have to wish upon of magical scheduling fairy. You can actually put decent teams on your schedule.

mistabeecee41
01-04-2014, 12:51 PM
hopefully they dont blow this one late at memphis. using my head instead of my heart i'd love to see UC make a run to make on of our "good" wins a "great" win.

xubrew
01-04-2014, 02:03 PM
"@ESPNAndyKaty: UC's Mick Cronin said wished Bearcats got tested early in non-conference before blitz at UNM, Xavier. But since Pitt W, UC has been strong."

You know Mick, you could actually schedule tougher opponents instead of scheduling the likes of Campbell, SC Upstate, Little Sisters of the Poor, etc. You don't have to wish upon of magical scheduling fairy. You can actually put decent teams on your schedule.

Oh wow.

He's complaining about how they didn't get tested sooner. As if he has no control over such things.

LadyMuskie
01-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Oh wow.

He's complaining about how they didn't get tested sooner. As if he has no control over such things.

Please. There's no way Cronin takes responsibility for that. I think what he's saying is that it would have been nice had the Campbell's soup kids et al. been better then they could have actually given UC a contest. You know, just like the Blue Garden Hoses did a few years back. This has nothing to do with Mick's scheduling. It's all on those other barely Division I teams for not recruiting better players and having better teams. Damn them!

Cheesehead
01-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Mick continues to amaze me at how much of a douche he is.

bleedXblue
01-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Mick continues to amaze me at how much of a douche he is.

Not me, he reached full blown doucheville a long, long time ago.