PDA

View Full Version : Providence Suspends Two...

Muskie
12-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Link (http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/23/providence-suspends-freshmen-brandon-austin-and-rodney-bullock-for-rest-of-the-season/)

The Providence Friars were dealt a blow for the Big East portion of the schedule as the school announced on Monday that freshmen Brandon Austin and Rodney Bullock have been suspended for the remainder of the season due to a violation of the school’s Code of Conduct.

gladdenguy
12-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I would figure Xavier at least finishes above
DePaul
Seton Hall
Providence
Butler

That gets us at least 6th

Then it's up for grabs with
Marquette
Georgetown
St Johns

I think they are probably better than those 3 teams from what we've seen so far.
So somewhere between 3rd and 5th would be a good guess.

Which leaves the top 2
Villanova
Creighton

That's why we play the games.

bobbiemcgee
12-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I really don't see a team we can't beat @ Home.....Road w/l's will tell the story.

bleedXblue
12-24-2013, 10:27 AM
DePaul
Seton Hall
Providence
Butler

Marquette
Georgetown
St Johns

I think they are probably better than those 3 teams from what we've seen so far.

Which leaves the top 2
Villanova
Creighton

I watched St. John's play last week and was not overly impressed.

This team still is trying to figure out its identity. They are a close knit group which is great.

I have no feel for where they finish. I think a lot actually depends on Semaj. Can he emerge as the leader of this team? Score big baskets and make great decisions along the way ? Can guys like Reynolds start making an impact off the bench? We're 1 or 2 more guys away from being a really solid 8-9 player deep team.

XU '11
12-24-2013, 12:20 PM
DePaul
Seton Hall
Providence
Butler

Marquette
Georgetown
St Johns

Which leaves the top 2
Villanova
Creighton

I think Butler and Providence are both closer to that middle tier than the bottom tier. KenPom and Sagarin both project all of those teams (X, Butler, Georgetown, Marquette, St. John's, Providence) to finish between 10-8 and 8-10.

It's worth noting that these two suspended Friars haven't been playing all season.

Xfan5667
12-24-2013, 07:44 PM
DePaul
Seton Hall
Providence
Butler

Marquette
Georgetown
St Johns

Which leaves the top 2
Villanova
Creighton

I do not see why we can give villanova and creighton a run for there money. Creighton only has doug mcdermott who is a whiner and we could test Villanova if we face them at home. All we need is for semaj to take flight and score 10 a game, farr's deadly 3, adn the rest will play out

fellahmuskie
12-25-2013, 12:54 AM
It took me two days to realize why anyone even posted this thread... But I like this a lot better than the endless hand-wringing over A-10 bottom-feeders. Can't wait to get the conference started!

Kahns Krazy
12-25-2013, 07:48 AM
I really don't see a team we can't beat @ Home.....Road w/l's will tell the story.

Haven't you read? There is a distinct possibility we won't win a road game all year.