PDA

View Full Version : Tigers/Rangers trade Fielder/Kinsler

Xman95
11-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Tigers dealing Prince Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler. Many assume Jurickson Profar will now play second for Rangers. I don't. I think Texas will trade Profar or Elvis Andrus (for pitching? OF?) and sign Robinson Cano.

BandAid
11-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Huge trade. And one I can see working out for both teams. Any Tigers fans around here? I remember a good number of Detroit students when I was at X.

chico
11-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Profar to the Reds for Phillips.

Juice
11-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Profar to the Reds for Phillips.

I don't know why the Rangers would do that. Profar is cheaper and younger. Just move Profar to 2nd and keep Andrus at SS and you have one of the best defensive SS-2b in baseball. Profar's bat struggled but he only had 300 something ABs at the MLB level and he's not even 21 yet. The Rangers just took on a huge contract in Fielder, why take on more salary when the improvement at 2b wouldn't be much.

This move does free up space for the Tigers to sign either Choo or resign Scherzer. They can move Miggy back to 1b and Castellanos back to 3b. This improves them on defense as well.

Juice
11-21-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't know why the Rangers would do that. Profar is cheaper and younger. Just move Profar to 2nd and keep Andrus at SS and you have one of the best defensive SS-2b in baseball. Profar's bat struggled but he only had 300 something ABs at the MLB level and he's not even 21 yet. The Rangers just took on a huge contract in Fielder, why take on more salary when the improvement at 2b wouldn't be much.

This move does free up space for the Tigers to sign either Choo or resign Scherzer. They can move Miggy back to 1b and Castellanos back to 3b. This improves them on defense as well.

The Rangers are also in play for McCann. Again, I'd rather spend money on McCann than Phillips especially with Profar already there.

chico
11-21-2013, 06:06 PM

A boy can dream, can't he?

Xman95
11-21-2013, 06:41 PM
The Rangers are also in play for McCann. Again, I'd rather spend money on McCann than Phillips especially with Profar already there.

As I said before, I think the Rangers will land Cano. That allows them to trade Profar (or Andrus) to fill another area of need. Being that there's not much in the free agent market this year, that might be their best option for improving multiple positions.