PDA

View Full Version : Butler / Vandy

Muskie
11-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Under 2 to go and Butler is up 4. 66-62.

Retire33
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
I figured Bulter's ability to swing it and hit the three would dry up. Now they just need to hang on.....oh, and hit some free throws

Muskie
11-19-2013, 06:58 PM
68-66 Butler with 113 to go.

xubrew
11-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Vanderbilt is not a good team. Butler will most likely hold on, but to sweat out a sub-mediocre team at home is discouraging.

Muskie
11-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Vandy takes the lead 69- 68 with 48 seconds to play

Retire33
11-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Marshall making it look easy getting to hoop on dribble drive... Bulter up 1 with 20 sec left

xubrew
11-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Okay, I like the new rule changes. I like that you should have to defend finesse with finesse and not with "sending in the goon" as John Chaney would say. Having said that, the refs need to ease up a little bit. If the offense initiates the contact, it should not be a defensive foul.

Now, thankfully Vandy didn't make both freethrows, and then walked after Butler failed to get the rebound, but still. You can't just not allow the defense to do ANYTHING.

Pluto
11-19-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm really liking jimmy Jackson as an analyst.

Retire33
11-19-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm really liking jimmy Jackson as an analyst.

Yes, very good.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 09:42 AM
"I like that you should have to defend finesse with finesse and not with "sending in the goon" .............................

It's almost impossible to believe a Xavier fan just made that statement.

nuts4xu
11-20-2013, 09:55 AM
"I like that you should have to defend finesse with finesse and not with "sending in the goon" .............................

It's almost impossible to believe a Butler fan just criticized a Xavier post, on a Xavier message board when Butler has a board of their own.

You offer nothing but drivel and should crawl back into your mom's basement where you came from.

xubrew
11-20-2013, 09:55 AM

You're not very smart.

The reason for that is because I didn't make that statement. That's a quote of a statement that someone else made. I cited the quote and everything.

I find it very easy to believe that you would falsely imply something. I also find it easy to believe that it was a statement meant to support Butler because of the fouls that were being called on them even though Vandy was initiating the contact.

gladdenguy
11-20-2013, 11:40 AM

This guy ^^^^ needs to eat a bag of dicks. Oh and Trevon Blueitt is gonna be good.

XU 87
11-20-2013, 11:55 AM

So you're still mad about losing all those recruits to X this year? But don't worry, I'm sure the recruit from Miami, Fla that you stole from Jacksonville (the college not the NFL team) will turn out to be good.

Titanxman04
11-20-2013, 11:58 AM
So you're still mad about losing all those recruits to X this year? But don't worry, I'm sure the recruit from Miami, Fla that you stole from Jacksonville (the college not the NFL team) will turn out to be good.

Curious. Another parallel between Butler and Dayton.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 02:27 PM

Wow...............Another confused totally baffling post from XU 87. You never fail at being wrong about everything.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 02:33 PM
You're not very smart.

The reason for that is because I didn't make that statement. That's a quote of a statement that someone else made. I cited the quote and everything.

I find it very easy to believe that you would falsely imply something. I also find it easy to believe that it was a statement meant to support Butler because of the fouls that were being called on them even though Vandy was initiating the contact.

This might be the most irrelevant response I have ever received. The fact my comment flew completely over your head isn't surprising.

GoMuskies
11-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Wow...............Another confused totally baffling post from XU 87. You never fail at being wrong about everything.

Agreed. The recruit from Miami will probably suck.

paulxu
11-20-2013, 02:41 PM
I miss firedupkaren.

XU 87
11-20-2013, 02:58 PM

You are correct about one thing- I was wrong about the recruit (Zach Johnson) from Miami.

He did NOT choose Butler. In fact, he chose Florida Gulf Coast over Butler. I guess he just wasn't impressed with your 90 year old arena when he made his visit. Or maybe he made his visit on your midnight madness practice and was a little perplexed that there were only a few hundred people there (including the team, staff and cheerleaders). I just don't know.

And when looking at the Scout recruiting board re: Butler recruiting prospects, you have to scroll waaaay down past all the good recruits to the bottom of the page before you get to the two guys who have committed to Butler.

Do you think that 6'7" center who chose Butler over Ball State, Bradley and Indiana State will be any good? But for the sake of the conference, could Butler please start recruiting some good players that some of the good programs want?

P.S. At the top of the Butler recruiting board, which is where the best players are listed (it goes from best to worst targeted recruits), are two players who committed to ........ Xavier, Bluiett and Macura.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 03:24 PM
No not only did Zach Johnson never visit Butler he was never actually offered a scholarship. When asked about his recruitment Johnson replied Butler had never spoken to him directly and couldn't name the coach who was recruiting him. Butler doesn't offer kids they don't meet and speak with in person. He also fabricated a story about Tennessee offering as well.

nuts4xu
11-20-2013, 03:33 PM
No not only did Zach Johnson never visit Butler he was never actually offered a scholarship. When asked about his recruitment Johnson replied Butler had never spoken to him directly and couldn't name the coach who was recruiting him. Butler doesn't offer kids they don't meet and speak with in person. He also fabricated a story about Tennessee offering as well.

Can't blame Butler for not offering, they likely knew they were in over their heads recruiting against a power house school like Florida Gulf Coast. A kid can spend the next 4 years of his life in Ft Myers playing for a decent low major school, or he can spend the next 4 years playing in a 100 year old airplane hanger in downtown Indianapolis.....It would have been an easy choice for Zach Johnson or anyone for that matter. Not surprised he didn't know the name of your coach, in fact, no one does anymore.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 03:46 PM
"or he can spend the next 4 years playing in a 100 year old airplane hanger in downtown Indianapolis...."

When did they move Hinkle downtown ? That seems like an extraordinary project to undertake.

Now remind me how many tourists a year visit the Cintas Center ?

XU 87
11-20-2013, 03:48 PM

I think I will believe Scout over you, particularly when the guy who runs the Scout Butler board wrote an article about Butler offering him a scholarship.

ammtd34
11-20-2013, 03:51 PM
"or he can spend the next 4 years playing in a 100 year old airplane hanger in downtown Indianapolis...."

Now remind me how many tourists a year visit the Cintas Center ?

Touché. That's a big recruiting tool. "100,000 white people with nothing better to do like to bring their own tape measure to the foul line and take pictures like they're on Hoosiers." That resonates much more with recruits than Xavier's modern facilities.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Touché. That's a big recruiting tool. "100,000 white people with nothing better to do like to bring their own tape measure to the foul line and take pictures like they're on Hoosiers." That resonates much more with recruits than Xavier's modern facilities.

They also take pictures of two Final Four Banners.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 04:04 PM
I think I will believe Scout over you, particularly when the guy who runs the Scout Butler board wrote an article about Butler offering him a scholarship.

I remember reading an online article about Dez Wells raping someone.

nuts4xu
11-20-2013, 04:13 PM

When did they move Hinkle downtown ? That seems like an extraordinary project to undertake.

You are more of an idiot than we thought. Do you think Hinkle is out in the Indy suburbs? It isn't right next to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, but it may as well be. What are we talking, 15 blocks?

I like how you ignore the fact it is a 100 year old airplane hanger and split hairs on its location. Take recruits there in the day time when the sun can blind you in the middle of a jump shot. Every kid will fall in love with the old dump, that is just what any 18 year old kid wants in his arena. They don't want state of the art facilities, they want a cold drafty old armory fieldhouse without a water fountain.

nuts4xu
11-20-2013, 04:15 PM
I remember reading an online article about Dez Wells raping someone.

You are completely wrong on this one too. Dez Wells was never arrested for rape, never charged with rape, and in fact, he was never charged or indicted on any such crime during his time at Xavier.

You are grasping at straws now....what is next, jokes about priests and little boys? That would be fresh material.

Nildogg
11-20-2013, 04:15 PM
My god, a bunch of message board tools (Butler tools and Xavier tools included) trying to trump each other with recruiting smack, how pathetic.

And then lets go to the old, "our modern facility makes us such a better program than you because yours is so old".

Come on. You (we) are better than that, right?

nuts4xu
11-20-2013, 04:19 PM
And then lets go to the old, "our modern facility makes us such a better program than you because yours is so old".

Well, it is very old and very crappy. Tell your floorsweeping buddy how lame it is to come to a rival messageboard and make other Butler fans look foolish.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 04:36 PM
"Do you think Hinkle is out in the Indy suburbs? It isn't right next to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, but it may as well be. What are we talking, 15 blocks?"

It's 49 blocks from downtown. Sheesh..................

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 04:37 PM
You are completely wrong on this one too. Dez Wells was never arrested for rape, never charged with rape, and in fact, he was never charged or indicted on any such crime during his time at Xavier.

You are grasping at straws now....what is next, jokes about priests and little boys? That would be fresh material.

That's the whole point of my comment. How dense are you ?

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Well, it is very old and very crappy. Tell your floorsweeping buddy how lame it is to come to a rival messageboard and make other Butler fans look foolish.

Yeah you don't look foolish at all. Lighten up..................It's just guys talking a little smack.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 04:48 PM
My god, a bunch of message board tools (Butler tools and Xavier tools included) trying to trump each other with recruiting smack, how pathetic.

Come on. You (we) are better than that, right?

Yes because the internet isn't the right forum for smack talk. I am sorry I sullied it's reputation.

Bulldawg
11-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Floorsweeper, for the sake of all that is Butler basketball, please leave.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Floorsweeper, for the sake of all that is Butler basketball, please leave.

Oh please get a life. I am just making harmless wisecracks. It's an internet sports forum for gods sake, this is what it is here for. Get some perspective.

xubrew
11-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Butler sweats out a crap Vandy team in overtime, and now their fans are fighting on our board.

I love the internet.

X-band '01
11-20-2013, 07:54 PM
It's David Woods coming on here to preserve the Butler Way.

floorsweeper
11-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Butler sweats out a crap Vandy team in overtime, and now their fans are fighting on our board.

I love the internet.

Yeah that's exactly it. Why anyone would want to apply some draconian code of etiquette to a fan forum and take everything so seriously is unfathomable to me. If you can't sling a little harmless smack here where can you do it ?

xudash
11-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah that's exactly it. Why anyone would want to apply some draconian code of etiquette to a fan forum and take everything so seriously is unfathomable to me. If you can't sling a little harmless smack here where can you do it ?

On those cheesy little billboards you have lining the ends of your dump that advertise chewing tobacco and tractor pulls - advertisers know their audience.

Muskie
11-21-2013, 08:27 AM

Here's the link to our smack board (http://www.xavierhoops.com/forumdisplay.php?29-The-House-of-Smack).

Milhouse
11-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Those Butler-Depaul games will have huge implications this year.

BandAid
11-21-2013, 01:44 PM

Gotta win the lottery.

Wait...wrong level of basketball...my bad

Nildogg
11-21-2013, 09:35 PM

Hmmm... something tells me that Xavier and Butler will be much closer this year than you think.

GIMMFD
11-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Hmmm... something tells me that Xavier and Butler will be much closer this year than you think.

Overall wise in the Big East or just the head to head match ups?

kyxu
11-22-2013, 07:06 AM

Have to agree. Neither Butler nor Xavier got much respect in the BE heading into this season. Both will surprise a lot of people.

bleedXblue
11-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Have to agree. Neither Butler nor Xavier got much respect in the BE heading into this season. Both will surprise a lot of people.

I really dont understand how either program can surprise based on how they've performed over the last 10 years? Consistent winners, consistent good performance in the NCAA tourney......I think the pre-season rankings were based on us more being the "new" guys than anything.

Milhouse
11-22-2013, 08:59 AM

In terms of the 2 games we play this year? For sure, they will play us tough.

In terms of Big East season as a whole? I don't think so.

In terms of season as whole? No way.

floorsweeper
11-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Well with a "No way" from Milhouse, I am throwing in the cards and calling this entire season a lost cause. Maybe someday Butler will achieve something to earn Milhouse's respect and validation, until then there is no hope.

Milhouse
11-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Well with a "No way" from Milhouse, I am throwing in the cards and calling this entire season a lost cause. Maybe someday Butler will achieve something to earn Milhouse's respect and validation, until then there is no hope.

Watching the complete meltdown that was Butlerhoops 200+ page thread on Blueitt was validation enough for me. Pretty sure when Blueitt announced Xavier the collective fans that post over there had their faces melt off ala Raiders of the Lost Ark.

xudash
11-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Watching the complete meltdown that was Butlerhoops 200+ page thread on Blueitt was validation enough for me. Pretty sure when Blueitt announced Xavier the collective fans that post over there had their faces melt off ala Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But Jones is going to cover him next year and shut him down. Priceless.

Bulldawg
11-22-2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8