PDA

View Full Version : Creighton ticket sales

coasterville95
10-29-2013, 11:47 AM
I must say, reading Creightons twitter feed today is making me jealous. Not only have they sold over 15,000 season tickets and 800 tournament packages, today is their single game on sale. It said they moved 2500 tickets in the first hour and you see a chain of tweets as each game is selling out.

I know Cincinnati is full of last minute fans and walk ups. But I want our team to get to the point where basically all the seats are sold before the season even starts.

blobfan
10-29-2013, 12:48 PM
It would help if our nearest competition were at least two hours away. We have at least half a dozen D1 basketball programs in the area, not to mention all the professional teams within a watchable drive. Move us to the middle of a cornfield and I'm pretty confident we can sell out most tix before game 1.

Titanxman04
10-29-2013, 12:59 PM
It would help if our nearest competition were at least two hours away. We have at least half a dozen D1 basketball programs in the area, not to mention all the professional teams within a watchable drive. Move us to the middle of a cornfield and I'm pretty confident we can sell out most tix before game 1.

Exactly. Dayton doesn't sell out because they have an excellent product to provide, but they are the closest program int he area outside of Wright St. OSU is still over an hour away. So is UC and of course, the superior Xavier Musketeers.

Smails
10-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Eaxmple: When the new baseball park opened in Omaha the first game played there was between Creighton and Nebraska. Attendance- 22,000

There are not many choices for your sports dollar in Omaha

Milhouse
10-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Yeah it will never happen for Xavier.

But I'll take Cincinnati over Omaha every day of the week...

CinciX12
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
If I lived in Omaha, Nebraska I would have season tickets to just about anything from Creighton basketball to Disney on Ice when it came to town.

What in god's name else are you going to do.