PDA

View Full Version : The CBS-The Road To The Final Four commercials

PM Thor
03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
You know the ones, where the premise is using a GPS navigation system through such places like Buzzer Beater Avenue.

I have seen these commercials one too many times already. Of course they show the play from the Xavier/osu game. You know the shot. I will not speak of it. It still pains me.
I cannot stand these commercials. Why, why, do they make us relive that moment? Gawldammit.

joebba
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Not unlike the Laetner shot vs UK. I am sure they (UK) love that one.

waggy
03-02-2008, 04:08 PM
A little off tangent, but Seth Davis today had St. Joe's in the tourney - "Three teams from the A10".

Selection Sunday is just two weeks from today!

waggy
03-02-2008, 05:11 PM
During the UCLA/Arizona game, which was the west coast game, Packer and Nantz talked about some friction between O'Neill and Olson, who is talking about coming back next year. I'm no O'Neill fan, but I get the impression Olson has an ego roughly the size of the Grand Canyon.

The Artist
03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Additionally, as much as I have a man crush on Gus Johnson, yesterday he was discussing whether or not Marquette should foul when they were up 3. Near the end of the discussion he goes: "I'm sure Sean Miller has an answer".

Ouch, Gus. Ouch.

THRILLHOUSE
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Gus Johnson is the best play by play guy on CBS and it sucks that one of his best calls is osu buzzer beater against us. The footage of that shot is as hard for me to watch as Montana to Taylor is.

kyxu
03-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Gus Johnson is the best play by play guy on CBS and it sucks that one of his best calls is osu buzzer beater against us.

I agree. I love Gus Johnson, but I will now forever associate his enthusiasm with "RON LEWIS HAS BEEN AWESOME...LETS IT GO!" As a result, I die a little when I hear him doing games on CBS.

He did call our first round game in 04 against Louisville, which was doesn't make him a total evil eye.

PM Thor
03-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Hands down he is my favorite announcer. He just goes so overboard, screaming, it rocks. But I too will forever associate him to that damn play. Guilt by association.