PDA

View Full Version : X @DC tix

flatspat
03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I attend several games a year but I am not a season ticket holder. But I was wondering if anyone gets an extra pkg or 2 to X @DC games, I'd be interested in buying it. Thanks. You can PM me

flatspat
03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
bump bck to top

Miller'sTale
03-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Also in search of 4 tix to DC.

flatspat
03-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Still interested in 2 DC pkgs

DC Muskie
03-17-2008, 09:23 AM
At this point, I would suggest getting tickets off of stubhub. Xavier is not going to have tickets until possibly late tomorrow and even then it would be the same price as the ones you could get off of stubhub. To me, it's just a piece of mind to get them this way.

Hope that helps.

DC Muskie
03-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Just got first row, upper level in the corner for $115. About as good as you can get right now I think.

theprofessor
03-17-2008, 09:58 AM
I just bought (I don't use the term 'won') 2 tix on ebay for all 3 sessions for $356 (376 w/shipping), which is below list price. Of course, my seats are lousy, but am counting on some empty seats for the first session. I could probably get half my money back by selling session 2 to duke fans or others (the 2nd session is selling for much higher than ours).

Stubhub seems really pricy right now relative to ebay. Even the ticketbrokers are about as cheap as stubhub. If you want to go to the first session only, it is fairly inexpensive. Try 333seat.com (which you can pickup locally downtown) or ticketzoom.com (which has the cheapest prices but also charges a fee).

If you're looking for a hotel, you should try priceline. I got a Doubletree downtown for $75 per night. It's a mile or so from verizon, but close to the whitehouse and other attractions.

xu95
03-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Xavier is already sold out. Your choices are a)stubhub, b)ebay, c)scalper.

xu95

yougotdbagged
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey guys, just as a heads up reselling outside of Verizon is prohibited, so you have to be careful if you are trying to sell off Session 2 tickets. From experience at hockey games there, this isn't very heavily enforced.

xavierdude
03-17-2008, 07:11 PM
If you're looking for a hotel, you should try priceline. I got a Doubletree downtown for $75 per night. It's a mile or so from verizon, but close to the whitehouse and other attractions.

REally?!?! I'm seeing 200 a night for them on priceline. Send me a good link man!!!

theprofessor
03-17-2008, 07:24 PM
For priceline.com, you have to bid... you're not sure which hotel you get until it's accepted, but you know approximately where the hotel will be & what star level. Usually, priceline accepts bids that are a little less than what hotwire.com is selling for, so I usually go first to hotwire, check prices, then bid on priceline.

Hotwire has a 3 star hotel in the whitehouse area for $89, 3.5 star for $99 and 4 star for $129.

BTW.. ticketzoom.com is selling first session tickets for $30 - with fees and shipping, might be double that. 333seat has first session tickets for $52 which can be picked up downtown.

xavierdude
03-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I just did it on priceline. Got a 2.5 star for $75 a night 1.5 miles from verizon. That's an awesome system!!! I should've gone lower just see if it would've worked. Oh well

flatspat
03-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I just did it on priceline. Got a 2.5 star for $75 a night 1.5 miles from verizon. That's an awesome system!!! I should've gone lower just see if it would've worked. Oh well

you might want to check out hotels in Crystal City Va near Pentagon. I got a room at Doubletree for GW game for $99 last year. 10 min cab ride to DC. Great bar in Crystal City Sports Pub

xavierdude
03-17-2008, 07:44 PM
you might want to check out hotels in Crystal City Va near Pentagon. I got a room at Doubletree for GW game for $99 last year. 10 min cab ride to DC. Great bar in Crystal City Sports Pub

I just got a $300 room for $75 at Courtyard Marriott. I'm not going to complain too much. 1.4 miles from the verizon center sounds pretty nice to me. I don't understand how I got a 300 dollar room for 75.

X-band '01
03-19-2008, 05:42 AM
I've used Priceline in the past as far as bidding for hotel rooms, but the major caveat is that you have to provide a credit card number in advance to bid on your hotel room. They won't charge your card until they actually find a room for you, but if you change your mind the charges become nonrefundable.

Just an FYI.