PDA

View Full Version : Butler's Rooselvelt Jones out for the season

THRILLHOUSE
08-16-2013, 11:47 AM
"@zkeefer Breaking: #Butler junior Roosevelt Jones is out for the season after tearing ligaments in his left wrist, a source has told The Star."

Pretty big loss for Butler.

GoMuskies
08-16-2013, 11:53 AM
He was probably going to be on of their best 2 or 3 players (along with Marshall and Dunham), no?

bobbiemcgee
08-16-2013, 11:58 AM
http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/2013-14/releases/201308169b03ni

maybe their best player.

PMI
08-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Huge loss for Butler. Looks like it could be a long opening season for the Bulldogs in the Big East. I think I may even shed a tear.

ammtd34
08-16-2013, 12:17 PM
That sucks bad. I feel bad for him.

Juice
08-16-2013, 12:18 PM
That sucks bad. I feel bad for him.

I feel bad for him, but eff Butler.

ammtd34
08-16-2013, 12:21 PM
I feel bad for him, but eff Butler.

Yes. Notice that's where my sentence stopped.

Chalmers0
08-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Thought they were bottom 3 before this but this definitely cements that. I think they actually end up being last place. Stevens obviously gone and now without their top 3 players from last year and they still have absolutely no point guard.

GoMuskies
08-16-2013, 01:00 PM
They're probably better than DePaul and Seton Hall.

Chalmers0
08-16-2013, 01:08 PM
They're probably better than DePaul and Seton Hall.

I would like to hope/think so for the sake of the Big East but I honestly don't know. They just don't seem to have any go to player(s) or any depth at first glance. Definitely going to need some freshmen to step up and contribute (not that that's completely abnormal)

Masterofreality
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
So, I guess when Brad Stevens left, he took his Pact with Satan with him.

Now Butler is stuck with the flotsam and jetsam.

Milhouse
08-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Seemed like a glue guy for the team too. Sucks for BU.

ArizonaXUGrad
08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Jones was going to handle the ball for them this year a lot like he did last year. Now they are down to Barlow and Aldridge. Barlow didn't exactly work out in the A10, I doubt he all of a sudden becomes good in the Big East. Aldridge is a natural SG who is just small.

Chalmers0
08-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Jones was going to handle the ball for them this year a lot like he did last year. Now they are down to Barlow and Aldridge. Barlow didn't exactly work out in the A10, I doubt he all of a sudden becomes good in the Big East. Aldridge is a natural SG who is just small.

They are going to need their freshman PG Rene Castro to be an impact player from the start because like you said, Barlow and Aldridge are not going to get it done in the Big East. Aldridge didn't even get minutes through most of the season last year.

xubrew
08-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Butler leads the nation in times counted out over the last decade. It's to the point to where cyanide could leak into the team dining hall, and I still wouldn't count them out until they're actually out.

GoMuskies
08-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Butler leads the nation in times counted out over the last decade. It's to the point to where cyanide could leak into the team dining hall, and I still wouldn't count them out until they're actually out.

Pretty sure they're gonna suck this year, though. Similar to two years ago.

xubrew
08-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Pretty sure they're gonna suck this year, though. Similar to two years ago.

Probably so, but I'm just not brave enough to go on the record and state that.

PMI
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM

You could take this exact sentence and replace Butler with Xavier. But as we learned last year, no matter how much adversity you seem to overcome year after year, bad seasons can happen to good programs if enough goes wrong. I'm not saying Butler will be dead last in the conference or anything like that, but I don't have any problem predicting a down year. They're in a major transition right now and I doubt it will be seamless.

ArizonaXUGrad
08-21-2013, 05:04 PM
You could take this exact sentence and replace Butler with Xavier. But as we learned last year, no matter how much adversity you seem to overcome year after year, bad seasons can happen to good programs if enough goes wrong. I'm not saying Butler will be dead last in the conference or anything like that, but I don't have any problem predicting a down year. They're in a major transition right now and I doubt it will be seamless.

They are going up in competition alongside going way down in the ball handling category. Castro is a combo guard, think Randolph only not as good and does not possess the skill set to make those around him better. He is kind of a ball hog. I think he and Tu Holloway were ranked about the same but Tu had already shown the ability to run the point in High School.