PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Atlantis Bracket

Muskie
07-29-2013, 08:59 PM

paulxu
07-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Xavier is Xavier

Yes we are.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/86954/battle-4-atlantis-calms-down-in-2013

LadyMuskie
07-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Eammon Brennan is an idiot. I feel so much dumber for having read another one of his articles. He's clearly ESPN's Paul Daugherty.

GoMuskies
07-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Brennan is Paul Daugherty without the talent.

Let that soak in.

LadyMuskie
07-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Seriously, the entire point of the article is inane. He begins by saying that all tournaments wax and wane, and then hypothesizes that because the 2012 Atlantis field was so otherworldly good, it was going to make Atlantis the greatest November tournament in the history of mankind. Then he goes on to admit that at least three of the teams in the 2012 field wound up being below average, but that doesn't matter, because that information doesn't fit his scientific discoveries! Even though Kansas has the no. 1 player in the galaxy in Wiggins, they're still pedestrian with the rest of us. How dare we! He then goes on to enlighten us with a whole entire paragraph talking about ALL of the teams in the field, the most insightful of which, as Paul noted, is "Xavier is Xavier".

I'm not sure what Brennan has going for him, but writing intelligent, in-depth sports stories isn't it.

Milhouse
07-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Brennan is Paul Daugherty without the talent.

Let that soak in.

Blasphemy to say Daugherty has talent.

ESPN downplaying a tournament they don't have broadcast rights to? yawn.

Xaveriana
07-31-2013, 11:52 AM
I like it..."Xavier is Xavier." Yes we are and don't you forget it! This may be the best compliment the B-man could have given us. We get it done (for decades). Thanks B-man. This reminded me of Pete Gillen stating many years ago that "Duke is Duke...They are on TV more than Leave It To Beaver."

xubrew
07-31-2013, 02:13 PM
These guys are producing content for the sake of producing content. Quality content would be nice, but isn't essential at the end of July.

LadyMuskie
07-31-2013, 03:07 PM
These guys are producing content for the sake of producing content. Quality content would be nice, but isn't essential at the end of July.

That's probably true for most college basketball writers, but even Brennan's mid-season articles are terrible.

casualfan
07-31-2013, 03:31 PM
That's probably true for most college basketball writers, but even Brennan's mid-season articles are terrible.

Then why do you continue to give him the clicks?

XUFan09
07-31-2013, 03:39 PM
I like it..."Xavier is Xavier." Yes we are and don't you forget it! This may be the best compliment the B-man could have given us. We get it done (for decades). Thanks B-man. This reminded me of Pete Gillen stating many years ago that "Duke is Duke...They are on TV more than Leave It To Beaver."

"Xavier is Xavier" is definitely a big compliment from Brennan. He has repeatedly warned people to never bet against Xavier, that you should always assume they're going to make the tournament and make some noise when they get there.

LadyMuskie
07-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Then why do you continue to give him the clicks?

Because I don't care about the "clicks". . .

XUOHTX
07-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes we are.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/86954/battle-4-atlantis-calms-down-in-2013

This year's X shirt.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/DFleck/XisX_zps1ecbd8bd.png

PMI
07-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Not defending Brennan, because I've found him to be kind of a lazy writer in the past, but are people really finding a slight in the phrase "Xavier is Xavier?" Sounds like a compliment to me.

Milhouse
08-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Not defending Brennan, because I've found him to be kind of a lazy writer in the past, but are people really finding a slight in the phrase "Xavier is Xavier?" Sounds like a compliment to me.

Especially after last year.

Titanxman04
08-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Truth. We are who we are. Last year was an abberation as opposed to the norm. Just because he didn't go in depth doesn't demean us. We are big time. Anyone who knows the college game knows us.

American X
08-01-2013, 09:39 AM

WHAT is this? A bracket for ANTS?

Backyard Champ
08-02-2013, 02:58 PM

Agreed. Some Xavier fans are just impossible to please.