PDA

View Full Version : East Tennessee State vs Xavier - December 1991

KC4X
07-12-2013, 09:04 AM
http://youtu.be/VLpG-qNWs4U

I just happened to come across this full game on You Tube. It's cool to see a game at the Gardens with the Pete Gillen, Skip Prosser, Dino Gaudio on the sideline and the old Running Man logo at center court. Also, is that Chris Mack on the bench?
Other sightings...
Mo Brantley
Jamie Gladden
Brian Grant
Aaron Williams
Michael Hawkins
Steve Gentry
Larry Sykes
Tyrice Walker

Pretty cool!

kyxu
07-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Pretty cool!

Indeed. Losing to East Tennessee State at home is indeed pretty cool.

KC4X
07-12-2013, 09:32 AM
OK; well the result wasn't good, but it was cool to see some of the old players/coaches in action. Admittedly, I didn't watch the whole game.

nuts4xu
07-12-2013, 09:38 AM
We did get our revenge the following season by beating ETSU at their place....I was at both games.

Nice find!

joe titan
07-12-2013, 09:53 AM
4 NBA bound players on the same roster; Grant was a lotto pick, A Train only lasted 14 years, Hawkins had a couple legit looks before getting better bucks in Europe & Sykes had the proverbial cup of coffee

danaandvictory
07-22-2013, 11:07 AM
ETSU was a very strong mid-major program at the time, making four consecutive NCAA Tournaments under Les Robinson and Alan LeForce. At the time, it's probably not unreasonable to say the two schools were on close to level footing (although X had been farther in the tournament).

SlimKibbles
07-22-2013, 12:07 PM
ETSU was a very strong mid-major program at the time, making four consecutive NCAA Tournaments under Les Robinson and Alan LeForce. At the time, it's probably not unreasonable to say the two schools were on close to level footing (although X had been farther in the tournament).

Mister Jennings and Greg Dennis were on that ETSU team, right? I think Jennings played briefly in the NBA with the Warriors?

EDIT: Answer is probably obvious if I watch the video. Won't get to until after work.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Muskie
07-22-2013, 02:46 PM
I added the video into the first post. No longer a link. Great find.