PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Gardens up for sale or ?

bobbiemcgee
07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Cincinnati-Gardens-For-Sale/e1EaAaU97UqPfxFTGSmZ6A.cspx

Many, many memories came flooding back. Ohhhh man.

Muskie
07-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Maybe we could put a "Save the Clock Tower" type of fundraiser together?

blueblob06
07-11-2013, 07:41 AM
I heard it's for sale for $2.4 Mil...with 2,400 XH members, that's just $1,000 each and it's ours.

Kahns Krazy
07-11-2013, 09:37 AM
That's only $235 per seat. Kind of sad for a place that was once the seventh largest indoor arena in the United States

nuts4xu
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM
I understand the reasons we don't play there any more, but I really like the idea of one game per year in the Cincinnati Gardens. It will not happen, but it would be great to have our throw back game, the crosstown shootout, the Prosser Classic with Wake Forest, or some other special event game there once per season.

It will likely never happen, but for those of us that spent many years in that place watching Xavier basketball, it would be a welcomed experience.

Juice
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I understand the reasons we don't play there any more, but I really like the idea of one game per year in the Cincinnati Gardens. It will not happen, but it would be great to have our throw back game, the crosstown shootout, the Prosser Classic with Wake Forest, or some other special event game there once per season.

It will likely never happen, but for those of us that spent many years in that place watching Xavier basketball, it would be a welcomed experience.

I would be all for the beginning of the year exhibition game being played there. Lately X has only had one since they have been playing in those secret scrimmages, but I would prefer it being an exhibition so you don't give up any revenue from Cintas.

drudy23
07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
I understand the nostalgia, but I don't need to watch anymore games there, especially considering the alternative.

GoMuskies
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM

In addition to no, HELL NO.

danaandvictory
07-11-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm sure it is prohibitively expensive to heat and maintain, but it would be amazing if some combination of the GCL schools were able to keep the lights on and throw big high school basketball and hockey doubleheaders on the weekends.

bobbiemcgee
07-11-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't remember much heat in the joint - just more like heated by warm bodies. If you got cold, just go up top for a while. And the smell, God knows what if was composed of.

paulxu
07-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm not God, but I'm pretty sure that's stale beer and piss.
Check with MOR and Q for verification.

danaandvictory
07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Elephant shit, Hudepohl, and feet.