PDA

View Full Version : Travis Steele to Butler?

xu15anthony
07-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Does anyone think there is a chance Travis Steele will be offered the Butler job? I personally think so given his Butler background and what he has done for this program. He is a hell of a coach and recruiter. I would hate to lose him but it would be a well deserved.

LA Muskie
07-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Does anyone think there is a chance Travis Steele will be offered the Butler job? I personally think so given his Butler background and what he has done for this program. He is a hell of a coach and recruiter. I would hate to lose him but it would be a well deserved.
I haven't a clue being this far away, but it seems to me that Travis is still a few years (and perhaps a lower-level HC gig) away from taking over a program like Butler's.

bleedXblue
07-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Butlers going to get a guy with head coaching experience. Think bigger, we're in the Big East now and Butler is a prime job.

xufan02
07-04-2013, 08:27 AM

No chance in hell Steele gets that job. It goes to Brandon Miller, Lavall Jordan, Dane Fife, or Jeff Boals. I love Steele but he is not ready nor would leap frog older Butler grads with more exeperience and already on the staff for that job. Others have mentioned Kelsey, and that's even funnier.

danaandvictory
07-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I would be shocked if he's a serious candidate. Although he attended Butler, I don't believe he's ever been associated with their basketball program - he coached HS and AAU during his college years then was at Indiana and Ohio State. As I understand it, Steele's wife and her family have deep Cincinnati roots, which contributed to his refusal to take more prominent asst jobs the last few years and, as LA says, I would be far more concerned with TS going to NKU or Miami if he chose to leave the program. I think down the line he'll be the next head coach at Xavier.

Xman95
07-04-2013, 09:38 AM
No chance in hell Steele gets that job. It goes to Brandon Miller, Lavall Jordan, Dane Fife, or Jeff Boals. I love Steele but he is not ready nor would leap frog older Butler grads with more exeperience and already on the staff for that job. Others have mentioned Kelsey, and that's even funnier.

I think Boals will be in the mix. He has a great reputation and is considered a top flight recruiter. Won't be at all surprised if he gets the gig.

Juice
07-04-2013, 12:19 PM

CBS is saying Jordan.

LA Muskie
07-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Widely reported that the players have asked for someone "in the family" and that it is down to Brandon Miller and Lavall Jordan. Miller was interviewed within hours of Stevens' announcement. Jordan is interviewing today.

My guess is that it will be Miller for continuity's sake. Then again if that were the case why bother Jordan with an interview and a rejection? So maybe it's Jordan after all...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD