PDA

View Full Version : Cintas Improvements

cheeba
07-02-2013, 01:51 PM
With the move into the Big East now official, what improvements would you like to see at Cintas? Xavier will be in direct competition with schools that play in NBA arenas for recruits. The new AD mentioned keeping Cintas up to date, but did not provide any details.

What would you like to see?

I would like to see some of the concrete walls concealed in the seating bowl area. Painting them would be a bad idea due to the ongoing maintenance that would be required, paint chipping, etc. Maybe they can do something similar to what is done at NFL stadiums. The plastic curtain treatment that goes along the wall between the field and stands would be a good idea. Think Paul Brown Stadium jungle theme the Bengals use. Every NFL team does something to conceal those areas. Maybe a montage of former coaches, players, big shots/moments, etc would dress those areas up quite a bit in my opinion.

Any other ideas?

casualfan
07-02-2013, 01:54 PM
A final four banner

Lamont Sanford
07-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Stripper poles

bigdiggins
07-02-2013, 02:43 PM
I think the removal of the stench that accompanied UD Fans on their annual visit will be a nice improvement.

Pete Delkus
07-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Skyline parachute drops over the court with $100 bills.

paulxu
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Put something (anything) on the big, blank, blue wall.

ballyhoohoo
07-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Free handies at halftime for season ticket holders.

ballyhoohoo
07-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Put something (anything) on the big, blank, blue wall.

Titties?

More Cowbell
07-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I would love a Brawndo and a hot latte at halftime.

blueblob06
07-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Bring back the $1 hot dogs and discount beers before games!

Masterofreality
07-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Actually a really good idea because it might bring the people in earlier.

muskienick
07-02-2013, 03:46 PM
3,750 more seats. It doesn't get us to NBA arena capacity but...
1) We'd be much more likely to attract NCAA interest as an early-round venue for the Tourney
2) Such additional seating would likely not be particularly visible in TV shots if they don't get filled until the additional fans are attracted by the increased interest in Xavier as it welcomes Villanova, St. John's, Georgetown, Marquette, Creighton, Butler, etc. on a yearly basis to the Cintas Center.

I'd say my idea has at least as much credibility as Ballyhoo's and Pete Delkus'.

ThrowDownDBrown
07-02-2013, 03:54 PM
On campus arenas can't host the tourney

Masterofreality
07-02-2013, 03:56 PM

What do they consider Cleveland States?

xeus
07-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Free-roaming frisbee dogs

XUFan09
07-02-2013, 04:38 PM

And we know how important it is in terms of recruiting for people to be in their seats at least ten minutes before the game.

STL_XUfan
07-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Stripper poles

This thread brought to you by:

LadyMuskie
07-02-2013, 05:19 PM
And we know how important it is in terms of recruiting for people to be in their seats at least ten minutes before the game.

This is true, and on that note I suggest the following: I think we should institute a policy where at each home game we sacrifice, to the basketball gods, a patron who either arrives after the singing of the national anthem or leaves early. That way, our recruits and conference foes will know how serious we are about basketball. We don't need, nor do we want, any namby-pamby fans who can't get it together to be at their seats at the correct times. I mean, it's as if they don't understand how horrible it looks to everyone when the arena is half-filled during the pre-game announcer blabbering and national anthem. Let's make this happen, people! We're either fans or we're not.

Kahns Krazy
07-02-2013, 06:00 PM

From chicks. I don't want the Cintas confused with some of the bathrooms in Clifton and all their "glory".

I would like an exact replica built of the bathroom at the gardens that didn't have a stall around the shitter where Snipe had his famous explosive diarrhea in front of a crowd.

When I win the lottery, I'll have a bronze statue made to sit on the throne.

xeus
07-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Speaking of improvements, did anyone move their seats? I went down to Cintas a week ago and was able to move up about 6 rows in my section.

paulxu
07-02-2013, 06:31 PM
This is true, and on that note I suggest the following: I think we should institute a policy where at each home game we sacrifice, to the basketball gods, a patron who either arrives after the singing of the national anthem or leaves early. That way, our recruits and conference foes will know how serious we are about basketball. We don't need, nor do we want, any namby-pamby fans who can't get it together to be at their seats at the correct times. I mean, it's as if they don't understand how horrible it looks to everyone when the arena is half-filled during the pre-game announcer blabbering and national anthem. Let's make this happen, people! We're either fans or we're not.

Just skip all that. Make it Rule #1 violation to not be in your seat/leave early = problem solved.

bjf123
07-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Speaking of improvements, did anyone move their seats? I went down to Cintas a week ago and was able to move up about 6 rows in my section.

Not me. I'm very happy 12 rows behind the X bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThrowDownDBrown
07-02-2013, 07:30 PM
What do they consider Cleveland States?

The games in Cleveland were at the Q which isn't on anyone's campus

THRILLHOUSE
07-02-2013, 08:03 PM

That isn't true. It's not common for an on-campus arena to host, usually due to the arena not having enough sellable seats, but they can host. In recent years there have been 1st/2nd round games at Arizona's, Texas', and New Mexico's on-campus arenas. San Diego State's on-campus arena will host games in 2014.

GoMuskies
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
The Carrier Dome couldn't be more in the middle of the Syracuse campus, and they have been a regular NCAA Tournament host.

xeus
07-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Not me. I'm very happy 12 rows behind the X bench.

And I'm very happy for you. The question was actually for people who DID move their seats.

Kahns Krazy
07-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Pretty sure UD arena counts as "on-campus"

Masterofreality
07-02-2013, 10:09 PM
The games in Cleveland were at the Q which isn't on anyone's campus

Yes, but they have played at Cleveland State too.

usfldan
07-02-2013, 10:27 PM
BOTH teams' stats on the ribbon scoreboards.

I think Cassidy Turley can stand to have their logo repeated a mere 6 times on one side so we don't have to rotate player stats on the other.

cheeba
07-03-2013, 05:49 AM

We were able to move up a and handfull of rows, stayed in same section. Tickets in the section next to the student section. Anyone else get to improve their seats?

boozehound
07-03-2013, 05:52 AM
We were able to move up a and handfull of rows, stayed in same section. Tickets in the section next to the student section. Anyone else get to improve their seats?

Is the window for that over? I must have missed it entirely.

blueblob06
07-03-2013, 07:31 AM

I think that was their intention the year that they did it but it didn't work. A big reason had to have been that the cut was 45 minutes before tip-off! Good lord, make it 15 or 20 minutes before maybe, but 45 is too much for many people. I worked 10 minutes from Xavier so I would easily make it by 6:15 for a 7:00 game, get some $1 dogs and I think it was $1 or $2 off beers, then walk around for a bit before I go to my seat. But most working people and families can't or don't want to get there that early.

xeus
07-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Is the window for that over? I must have missed it entirely.

Check with Brett Sanders in the ticket office.

coasterville95
07-03-2013, 07:48 AM
It depends, I think every account holder got an email and a phone call last month letting them know when their day and time is. You can call (or visit) Cintas Center anytime on or after your appointment time.

The time slots are based on a priority system. Yes, XU has a points system and last I checked the All For One website was promising a check your points app coming soon. Haven't home back in a while to see if its online, but there is a chart showing how points are accrued.

ChicagoX
07-03-2013, 10:37 AM
3,750 more seats. It doesn't get us to NBA arena capacity but...
1) We'd be much more likely to attract NCAA interest as an early-round venue for the Tourney
2) Such additional seating would likely not be particularly visible in TV shots if they don't get filled until the additional fans are attracted by the increased interest in Xavier as it welcomes Villanova, St. John's, Georgetown, Marquette, Creighton, Butler, etc. on a yearly basis to the Cintas Center.

I'd say my idea has at least as much credibility as Ballyhoo's and Pete Delkus'.

It would be interesting to know if Cintas has the ability to add additional seating. Obviously there wouldn't be room for almost 4,000 more seats, but I wonder if there are sections where an additional row could be added to bump capacity to the 10,500 range. The press and camera boxes wouldn't allow for this in some sections, but isn't here a standing area behind some rows at the top of the arena? With a more appealing schedule coming to the Cintas year in and year out, I would guess that selling an additional 250 seats wouldn't be much of a problem and it would only add additional revenue for the program.

LA Muskie
07-03-2013, 11:04 AM
It would be interesting to know if Cintas has the ability to add additional seating. Obviously there wouldn't be room for almost 4,000 more seats, but I wonder if there are sections where an additional row could be added and bump capacity to the 10,500 range. The press and camera boxes wouldn't allow for this in some sections, but isn't here a standing area behind some rows at the top of the arena? With a more appealing schedule coming to the Cintas year in and year out, I would guess that selling an additional 250 seats wouldn't be much a problem and it would only add additional revenue for the program.

Cintas was designed and built so that it could "easily" (relatively speaking of course) be expanded into a full bowl by blowing out the blue wall. They would lose a lot of conference space (which wouldn't be an inconsequential loss), but it can be done. The old cafeteria space is currently not being used at all. I could see that being converted over for conference use if it is not re-purposed for practice facilities. In other words, there are, indeed, options.

Milhouse
07-03-2013, 11:05 AM
It would be interesting to know if Cintas has the ability to add additional seating. Obviously there wouldn't be room for almost 4,000 more seats, but I wonder if there are sections where an additional row could be added and bump capacity to the 10,500 range. The press and camera boxes wouldn't allow for this in some sections, but isn't here a standing area behind some rows at the top of the arena? With a more appealing schedule coming to the Cintas year in and year out, I would guess that selling an additional 250 seats wouldn't be much of a problem and it would only add additional revenue for the program.

perhaps some standing room only tickets?

LA Muskie
07-03-2013, 11:10 AM

That needs public safety approval, and I can't think of any space in the arena large enough to obtain it.

boozehound
07-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks to this thread I was able to get aisle seats! Woo Hoo!

ChicagoX
07-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Instead of selling standing room only tickets, I was thinking that Xavier could just add an additional row of seating at the top of the arena in sections where standing areas exist and where there are no camera or press boxes. I would assume that almost all Big East games and the non-conference games against BCS programs will sell out, so it certainly can't hurt to add 250+ seats and make some extra revenue.

xu95
07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Check with Brett Sanders in the ticket office.

There are three open seats right behind Muskie.

xu95
07-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks to this thread I was able to get aisle seats! Woo Hoo!

Are they in Section 101, Row P, Seats 18-20 by chance?

Masterofreality
07-03-2013, 01:12 PM

What? You didn't renew?

coasterville95
07-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Did you miss the post in antoher thread were xu95 indicated a relocation was in the near future, and he was going to talk to the ticket office about getting out of his season ticket agreements.

Masterofreality
07-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I did.

boozehound
07-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Are they in Section 101, Row P, Seats 18-20 by chance?

I wish. I'm in the cheap seats.

Cheesehead
07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
I wish. I'm in the cheap seats.

Nothing wrong w/ those seats. I happen to be in those same cheap seats. One day, when I actually have some discretional income, I will move down to 53% area.

boozehound
07-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Nothing wrong w/ those seats. I happen to be in those same cheap seats. One day, when I actually have some discretional income, I will move down to 53% area.

We thought about moving down this year, but my wife and I are expecting our first child in December and so we will probably miss quite a few games this season.

The lower bowl seats really do make the experience much more enjoyable though.

Cheesehead
07-03-2013, 03:26 PM
We thought about moving down this year, but my wife and I are expecting our first child in December and so we will probably miss quite a few games this season.

The lower bowl seats really do make the experience much more enjoyable though.

Understood. I just can't afford it right now. Have 2 kids in private HS and they don't seem to want to award us any aid. So, Section 201 it is!

Olsingledigit
07-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I think that was their intention the year that they did it but it didn't work. A big reason had to have been that the cut was 45 minutes before tip-off! Good lord, make it 15 or 20 minutes before maybe, but 45 is too much for many people. I worked 10 minutes from Xavier so I would easily make it by 6:15 for a 7:00 game, get some $1 dogs and I think it was $1 or $2 off beers, then walk around for a bit before I go to my seat. But most working people and families can't or don't want to get there that early.

We come from Indy for the games and arrive at Quatman's two hours before game time and at theCintas at least an hour before the game.

ThrowDownDBrown
07-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Maybe we should start consistently selling out games again before worrying about expanding capacity

XUFan09
07-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Maybe we should start consistently selling out games again before worrying about expanding capacity

Other than this past season, which everyone knew was likely going to be pretty poor, sell-outs haven't been too big of a problem for Cintas.

muskienick
07-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Playing home games annually against the likes of Butler, Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Georgetown, Creighton, et al in the Big East is a huge improvement over A-10 games in the Cintas against Duquesne, LaSalle, Fordham, GW, St. Bonaventure, Charlotte, et al.

Just sayin'.....

LA Muskie
07-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Playing home games annually against the likes of Butler, Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Georgetown, Creighton, et al in the Big East is a huge improvement over A-10 games in the Cintas against Duquesne, LaSalle, Fordham, GW, St. Bonaventure, Charlotte, et al.

Just sayin'.....
This is true. I agree it will be much easier to draw crowds to see games against our new conference mates. But all novelties wear off. Make no mistake about it, in the end it comes down to wins and expectations. If we aren't competing, within a few years we won't be selling out Cintas again even if it's Georgetown and 'Nova in town.

But I don't see that being an issue. We will solidly compete in this conference 8 out of every 10 years I believe, which in a conference like the Big East is really all you can ask for.

XU-XHI
07-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Playing home games annually against the likes of Butler, Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Georgetown, Creighton, et al in the Big East is a huge improvement over A-10 games in the Cintas against Duquesne, LaSalle, Fordham, GW, St. Bonaventure, Charlotte, et al. Just sayin'.....

Most of the Big East teams will have a much larger local contingent of alums & fans than the A10 teams did. If we don't fill the seats at Cintas with X fans, be ready for a louder visiting team following filling the empty seats.

Muskie
07-04-2013, 12:11 PM

I'm still not terribly excited about new neighbors.

xu95
07-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I did.

I thought for sure you would take my tickets, but I guess Muskie strong armed you to stick to your agreement.

muskiefan82
07-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Understood. I just can't afford it right now. Have 2 kids in private HS and they don't seem to want to award us any aid. So, Section 201 it is!

That's funny. It makes it sound like a government program for people who can't get private high school financial aid.

"Hey Cheesehead. Nice to see you. How did you get tickets to the game?"
"I'm a section 201 voucher recipient."
"Awesome. Do you get more tickets if you have more kids?"

Cheesehead
07-05-2013, 02:38 PM
That's funny. It makes it sound like a government program for people who can't get private high school financial aid.

"Hey Cheesehead. Nice to see you. How did you get tickets to the game?"
"I'm a section 201 voucher recipient."
"Awesome. Do you get more tickets if you have more kids?"

Funny. If only I could get more tickets w/ more kids.

bigdiggins
07-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I would like an improvement that if your 3 yr old insists on walking up/down the steps by themselves rather than having you carry them you wait until a break in the action to meander down the steps one at a time instead of blocking the game action for 5 minutes while taking them to the bathroom.

xumuskies08
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
A slight seating increase would be entirely possibly by adding a few rows of seats along the upper concourse. Hell, I bet you could squeeze close to 1,000 seats up there.

Does anyone know what the new floor will look like? I assume they will just sand away the A10 logo and replace it with the Big East logo but I haven't heard any real news regarding it.

I think one cool thing they could do to busy up the vast expanse of blue paint on the wall is have a sort of "evolution" of the Musketeers logo. Start with the one where he's leaning on the "X" and then have the running man logo and so on.

STL_XUfan
07-06-2013, 08:39 AM
I would like an improvement that if your 3 yr old insists on walking up/down the steps by themselves rather than having you carry them you wait until a break in the action to meander down the steps one at a time instead of blocking the game action for 5 minutes while taking them to the bathroom.

This should be the rule for everyone. It needs to be like hockey where the ushers don't let anyone back in until play stops.

Titanxman04
07-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I think one cool thing they could do to busy up the vast expanse of blue paint on the wall is have a sort of "evolution" of the Musketeers logo. Start with the one where he's leaning on the "X" and then have the running man logo and so on.

I want that. That would be awesome.

cheeba
07-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I don't think expanded capacity truly provides a benefit to the game day or overall fan experience. People have mentioned court side seats for some of the marquee games, wonder how much money that would bring to the university. I would like o see improved aux scoreboards that show up to date stats of both teams that can be seen from each seat in the building. Maybe tweak the Joseph club, not sure how though. More murals inside the seating bowl area.

Also wondering what types of improvements would have an impact on potential recruits. Maybe a state of the art players lounge, state of the art workout facility and practice facilities.

MADXSTER
07-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Rename the sections, Instead of section 121...rename it to The David West section, The Tyrone Hill section, The Brian Grant section

Muskie
07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Rename the sections, Instead of section 121...rename it to The David West section, The Tyrone Hill section, The Brian Grant section

I like it!

xu95
07-08-2013, 11:25 AM

That would be good for the lower section. The upper level sections would then need to be Obi Harris, Marcus Mason, Boubacar Coly, etc.

xu95
07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Half naked women bringing beers to your seat when you order them.

ballyhoohoo
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
That would be good for the lower section. The upper level sections would then need to be Obi Harris, Marcus Mason, Boubacar Coly, etc.

I call death wish for my section. Unless frambo objects.

ken redd
07-08-2013, 01:40 PM
A couple small improvements that i would like to see in Cintas.
- more on court seating like an NBA arena... the media takes up a lot of valuable real estate. sell those seats and increase your revenue to spend back on the program
- cup holders on the back of seats. this is minor but it is nice to have. you can probably get a soft drink company to pay for a part of the bill. Heck build it into the next pouring rights bid.
- Sounds systeme to me still needs an upgrade.
- press row advertising boards need to go. make it digital like the ribbon
- Beer selection could be upgraded

boozehound
07-08-2013, 04:56 PM
- Beer selection could be upgraded

Definitely, although adding Hop Bomber a few years back was big. They should add at least one more local brew, IMHO.

Still, I do love the fact that I can get a halfway decent IPA at a Xavier game.

Frambo
07-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I call death wish for my section. Unless frambo objects.

Made me laugh

I'm not that old yet!

BigMoeMusketeer
07-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Xavier played in Taco Bell Arena, on the campus of Boise State University, when they beat Portland and Wisconsin before heading to Boston and losing to Pitt when D-BROWN (your namesake) stepped on the end line chasing down a loose ball.

Viejas Arena hosts this year, on the campus of San Diego State University.

cheeba
07-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Drink holders would be a nice convenience for fans.

coasterville95
07-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm all for cup holders as well.

xeus
07-09-2013, 07:24 PM
I like the idea of cup holders.

xeus
07-09-2013, 07:41 PM
People have mentioned court side seats for some of the marquee games, wonder how much money that would bring to the university.

A couple small improvements that i would like to see in Cintas.
- more on court seating like an NBA arena... the media takes up a lot of valuable real estate. sell those seats and increase your revenue to spend back on the program

There is going to be on court seating this year. It's not cheap - I think the seat license is about 2x what Club seats cost. Only a limited number (obviously).

Maybe MOR has a block of 4 on the floor and that's why he doesn't want xu95's seats??

Cheesehead
07-09-2013, 09:33 PM
I actually find the court seating to be annoying. Of course that might be out of sheer jealousy on my part but I honestly don't like it.

anXUfan
07-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Wish I had a place to hang my coat at games. Can't think of a good solution though.

Muskie
07-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Wish I had a place to hang my coat at games. Can't think of a good solution though.

I leave my coat in the car generally.

xu95
07-11-2013, 08:01 AM
I leave my coat in the car generally.

I typically left my coat on Muskie's seat since it was empty.

pimpinthebox
07-12-2013, 12:21 PM
And I'm very happy for you. The question was actually for people who DID move their seats.

Xeus, technically, you moved down 6 rows. And for the record bjf123, Xeus is too much of a gentlemen to tell you this, but his seats are better than yours. So nanny nanny boo boo.

xudash
07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Xeus, technically, you moved down 6 rows. And for the record bjf123, Xeus is too much of a gentlemen to tell you this, but his seats are better than yours. So nanny nanny boo boo.

I just love that phrase. Where on earth did you dig that up?

blobfan
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM

You missed that particular childhood taunt? Usually followed by 'stick your head in doo doo"

bjf123
07-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Never heard that one, either.

Cheesehead
07-13-2013, 05:45 PM
My mother and your mother were washing some clothes. My mother socked your mother right in the nose. What color was her blood?

pimpinthebox
07-15-2013, 11:09 AM

I have three daughters 10 and under.

ballyhoohoo
07-15-2013, 11:40 AM
I typically left my coat on Muskie's seat since it was empty.

Maybe he'll make more games now if I force him to ride with me to Cincinnati

OTRMUSKIE
07-16-2013, 09:33 PM
A few things need to be done. First you need to buy another mini scoreboard that is against the back wall and put one on each of the corners of that back wall. People who sit behind the basket have a hard time seeing it. No reason they can't buy another one. Then I would paint a mural with past Xavier greats all along the concrete wall similar to what Doger Stadium use to have.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cintas+center&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=IgLmUaqZK_fH4AOMmoHgCA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C1%3Bd%7CdhRISlr8Ia1EDM%3A

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/detail-of-the-outfield-wall-of-dodger-stadium-depicts-tommy-news-photo/1147349.

Xavier
07-18-2013, 11:23 AM
No reason they can't buy another one? Well, Xavier did just go through layoffs, I would say they are in a bit of a budget crunch.

X-Fan
07-18-2013, 12:41 PM
No reason they can't buy another one? Well, Xavier did just go through layoffs, I would say they are in a bit of a budget crunch.
What does University Budget cuts/layoffs have to do with the Xavier Athletics Budget/Funding? There's an AFO Club for a reason.

Xavier
07-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Thought it was university wise considering some in athletics got laid off as well.

LA Muskie
07-18-2013, 02:06 PM
What does University Budget cuts/layoffs have to do with the Xavier Athletics Budget/Funding? There's an AFO Club for a reason.
It's mostly moving money from one pocket to another. The university sets the athletic budget. For the most part, more AFO money means less university financial support of the athletic department. It's not a 1-to-1 thing because they want to incentivize as much giving as possible, but it's also not like the athletic department gets a budget set in stone from the university plus 100% of the AFO proceeds.

XUOHTX
07-18-2013, 02:56 PM
More seats by finishing the bowl and change the lighting so its darker in the seating area.

UCGRAD4X
07-18-2013, 02:58 PM
More seats by finishing the bowl and change the lighting so its darker in the seating area.

What are you doing in your seat that you need it to be so dark.....on second thought, I don't want to know....but Nuts might.

sash19
07-19-2013, 06:43 PM
It depends, I think every account holder got an email and a phone call last month letting them know when their day and time is. You can call (or visit) Cintas Center anytime on or after your appointment time.

The time slots are based on a priority system. Yes, XU has a points system and last I checked the All For One website was promising a check your points app coming soon. Haven't home back in a while to see if its online, but there is a chart showing how points are accrued.

The priority points system was delayed at least one year at the request of Greg Christopher.....

xumuskies08
07-20-2013, 12:54 PM

It would be impossible to finish the seating bowl without a MAJOR renovation. The giant wall is load bearing so they would have to completely redesign the roof structure to span the extra distance and basically tear down all of the conference center areas. Unless the school is willing to part with those conference spaces and spend upwards of $100 million on a renovation, I doubt we will ever see Cintas with a completed bowl.

LA Muskie
07-20-2013, 03:15 PM
It would be impossible to finish the seating bowl without a MAJOR renovation. The giant wall is load bearing so they would have to completely redesign the roof structure to span the extra distance and basically tear down all of the conference center areas. Unless the school is willing to part with those conference spaces and spend upwards of $100 million on a renovation, I doubt we will ever see Cintas with a completed bowl.

That's actually not true. The giant wall was built to be removable for expansion. It wouldn't be an inconsequential change I'm sure, but the prospect of finishing the bowl was in fact built into the design of the building.

The conference space that would be lost is another (not inconsequential) matter as it is a profit center for the university as well. But bear in mind the old dining area is no longer in use so that potentially could be repurposed for conference space.

Xavier
07-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Actually, I am pretty sure they are putting classrooms in the old dining area. (three, to be exact).

LA Muskie
07-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Actually, I am pretty sure they are putting classrooms in the old dining area. (three, to be exact).

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that. Will they be permanent or temporary classrooms?

Thor in 204
07-21-2013, 12:10 PM
How about having Jamaal Walker give cameo appearances at the P.A.? I know it's really a ridiculous idea, but would be a lot of fun.

coasterville95
07-21-2013, 02:23 PM
So I guess that will mean then end of the musketeer grill. A neat low cost meal idea for games that never was really utilized.

Anymore my go to spot for game day food is the City BBQ booth.

Muskie
07-21-2013, 04:31 PM
So I guess that will mean then end of the musketeer grill. A neat low cost meal idea for games that never was really utilized.

Anymore my go to spot for game day food is the City BBQ booth.

Same here

XUOHTX
01-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Bumping this thread to bring up the lighting again. I'm watching the Providence vs Creighton game and PC has the Lakers style lighting. Dark in the seats. I would love to see Cintas with this lighting. It just looks better. I believe the Gardens had dark lights in the seats.

chico
01-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Bumping this thread to bring up the lighting again. I'm watching the Providence vs Creighton game and PC has the Lakers style lighting. Dark in the seats. I would love to see Cintas with this lighting. It just looks better. I believe the Gardens had dark lights in the seats.

I completely agree with this. I think it's a much better atmosphere to darken the lights in the seats. And you're right about the Gardens having this feature.

xu82
01-18-2014, 08:59 PM
i think I remember that lighting in the Bahamas because there were a couple dozen people watching. It hid the lack of attendance. It did not hide what happened on the floor, sadly. But now we are heading upward and onward! Let the rockin' seats be shown!!! Cameron doesn't hide the crazies. We have a great venue, show it off. Just my opinion (but I get the better viewing side of things).

xu82
01-18-2014, 09:06 PM
But it only works if the students are seriously supporting what's happening. I am still curious about that topic. We rallied around a team that wasn't even relevant...

xumuskies08
01-18-2014, 09:11 PM
The seating bowl is actually slightly darker than it used to be. They used to keep the lights around the upper concourse on during games and they don't anymore. It would be cool to have the theater-style lighting like Staples Center, though.

XBR1
01-18-2014, 09:18 PM
I agree with darkening the seats. It's way to bright.

xudash
01-18-2014, 09:33 PM
A final four banner

How about a NC Banner instead. Focus on the prize.

coasterville95
01-18-2014, 09:50 PM
In addition to dimming the lights in the seating areas, I also would like to see cupholders installed. I mean they are becoming standard equipment in stadiums and arenas. They could even get some sponsor to put decal logos on them.

That and somehow, uhm, increasing the men's room capacity.

This season they improved the food selection in Club Blue - h0w about improving the beer selection in Club Blue. It is CLUB area, , lets see something besides Miller or Coors Light, that isn't even chilled to the proper temperature. The Coor's bottle temp indicator is only ay cold, not super cold. Listermann's Lodge would be perfect :)

chico
01-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Why not open up Duff's after the game? I know they host events there from time to time but it might be nice to hang out and have a beer, maybe listen to the post game show or watch another game on the big screen.

XU-PA
01-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Why not open up Duff's after the game? I know they host events there from time to time but it might be nice to hang out and have a beer, maybe listen to the post game show or watch another game on the big screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHP1tWWEvI

danaandvictory
01-19-2014, 08:58 AM
The seating bowl is actually slightly darker than it used to be. They used to keep the lights around the upper concourse on during games and they don't anymore. It would be cool to have the theater-style lighting like Staples Center, though.

I've noticed this too.

Pablo's Brother
01-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Beer delivery!

This is of utmost importance and the only change the Cintas needs.

Cheesehead
01-19-2014, 12:17 PM
1342I would like to see them do something with all the grey concrete the goes around lower bowl by the suites area. Either paint it or they could put some photos in a really thin case (Like a laminate) of past players. They could so some thing where it is super thin and almost flush with the surface.

Regardless, it just looks really grey in there but then I looked at Creighton's arena. Now that is grey!

coasterville95
01-19-2014, 02:09 PM
I like this idea of post game duffs, but wouldn't that negate the whole shutting the taps off at the 10 minute mark thing. On the other hand it might ease the congestion on the roads post game. Like what the Banks does for the downtown venues.

JTG
01-19-2014, 06:14 PM
In addition to dimming the lights in the seating areas, I also would like to see cupholders installed. I mean they are becoming standard equipment in stadiums and arenas.

This season they improved the food selection in Club Blue - h0w about improving the beer selection in Club Blue. It is CLUB area, , lets see something besides Miller or Coors Light, that isn't even chilled to the proper temperature. The Coor's bottle temp indicator is only ay cold, not super cold. Listermann's Lodge would be perfect :)
Agree with the lights and the cupholders, but people on this board seem way too concerned with how much and what kind of beer they can drink. If you want to get wasted watch the game on tv at home.

kyxu
01-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Agree with the lights and the cupholders, but people on this board seem way too concerned with how much and what kind of beer they can drink. If you want to get wasted watch the game on tv at home.

Thanks, mom

Fireball
01-19-2014, 06:27 PM
I think that some of these problems will be solved after University Station is up an running, and it should be like Xavier's Banks area. It is really nice to have places to go to eat and drink before and after a Reds game now, and I look forward to the same for X games.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

xumuskies08
01-19-2014, 07:51 PM

Boo.

Xaveriana
01-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I think that some of these problems will be solved after University Station is up an running, and it should be like Xavier's Banks area. It is really nice to have places to go to eat and drink before and after a Reds game now, and I look forward to the same for X games.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

You already have that...Dana Gardens (great food, drink, and times--before and after game).

94GRAD
01-19-2014, 08:04 PM
You already have that...Dana Gardens (great food, drink, and times--before and after game).

That place sucks!!!

GoMuskies
01-19-2014, 08:43 PM
If you want to get wasted watch the game on tv at home.

I'm not sure why one can't get wasted and watch the game at Cintas? Seems win/win to me.

Muskie
01-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Or why one can't just enjoy one beer (preferably of a kind he or she likes) and enjoy the game.

Fireball
01-19-2014, 10:10 PM

I love Dana's, but I can't take my girls there :)

Musketeer_15
01-19-2014, 10:41 PM
How about Cintas adds something like a Waffle House just like what the Braves did?! I can see it now, a Montgomery Inn inside Cintas!

coasterville95
01-19-2014, 10:42 PM
And what's wrong with those that like beer to enjoy it in a responsible manner at the games. I have never seen an overserved fan at the games. At $7 a beer nobody is going to try to get drunk there. That's one of the reasons it's $7.

I think most fans have what, one beer per half, and I don't think any of their beer options are particularly strong. Two beers in a two and a half hour period isn't going to cause harm.

If fans were stumbling into the arena drunk, much less stumbling out of the arena drunk like say a Bengals game then it would be a different story but from what I've seen the Xavier fans are reasonable with it.

waggy
01-19-2014, 10:45 PM
I think it would look great if they painted all those grey faces Xavier blue. It would be dark, but again I think it would be great.

GoMuskies
01-19-2014, 10:50 PM
1342I would like to see them do something with all the grey concrete the goes around lower bowl by the suites area. Either paint it or they could put some photos in a really thin case (Like a laminate) of past players. They could so some thing where it is super thin and almost flush with the surface.

Regardless, it just looks really grey in there but then I looked at Creighton's arena. Now that is grey!

I cannot say enough times how fantastic Creighton's arena is. If we had 17,000 fans ready, willing and able to come to all of our games, I'd want their building.

94GRAD
01-20-2014, 08:22 AM
I love Dana's, but I can't take my girls there :)

Yes you can. Parents bring their kids all the time. We have the upstairs open before and after every game.

Muskie
01-20-2014, 08:42 AM
I am a big supporter of Cupholders. Also I'd also suggest that the Souvenir Size Pop/Soda Cup come with a "Free Refills" perk.

xuwin
01-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Scrap the PA system and start over again from scratch.

Fireball
01-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Yes you can. Parents bring their kids all the time. We have the upstairs open before and after every game.

I did not realize that. Thanks for correcting me!

Ledgewood
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Or why one can't just enjoy one beer (preferably of a kind he or she likes) and enjoy the game.

Because, beers are like potato chips. You can't have just one, and then you wake up in someone's front yard on a pile of leaves and your pants are gone and you have to run home in your underwear.

XUOHTX
01-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Because, beers are like potato chips. You can't have just one, and then you wake up in someone's front yard on a pile of leaves and your pants are gone and you have to run home in your underwear.

Ah yes, college.

paulxu
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM

Call DirectTV.

LadyMuskie
01-20-2014, 05:34 PM

And the instances of the following being said go up exponentially: "Look at you. You have a baby. In a bar." :biggrin:

nkymuskie
01-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Scrap the PA system and start over again from scratch.

This. Sitting up in the nosebleeds, it is near impossible to hear the girl who does all the promotions. Her voice just doesn't work for the current system. B-Rad is better but it's still hard to hear him. I imagine the older folks that sit around me cannot hear anything at all.

Muskie
01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
This. Sitting up in the nosebleeds, it is near impossible to hear the girl who does all the promotions. Her voice just doesn't work for the current system. B-Rad is better but it's still hard to hear him. I imagine the older folks that sit around me cannot hear anything at all.
I cannot hear/understand either very well in the lower bowl...

LadyMuskie
01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
The PA system has been bad for years. It has been a complaint, especially in the upper bowl, since Cintas opened. We know some of the people who work at Cintas, and I can tell you they know that this is a problem and have been working on it, having even at one point installed new speakers, but it's an on-going issue and they get a ton of complaints every year. I'm not sure if it's a design issue/acoustics issue or what, but it's bad in the upper and lower bowl, but in different ways.

And, yeah, that girl's voice, God love her, is not the kind of voice you want to hear amplified.

coasterville95
01-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I thought they just did some sound system improvements a couple years back. But yes, the promotions lady is "nails on a blackboard bad" for my ears. Yikes.

nkymuskie
01-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Also they can get rid of the sword unsheathing sound that is played after a made free throw.

Cheesehead
01-20-2014, 11:07 PM
My regular seats are in 201 and I actually think the sound is better than what I experienced in 112 for the Georgetown game. Lindsey Patterson sounds really good on 1530 w/ Mo but she yells when she does her promos stuff and they jack up the sound and it's not a good experience. I am still a fairly young guy and I have covered my ears at times when she talks in the Cintas Center. Don't understand how she sounds so good on radio but "nails on a chalkboard" in Cintas.

blobfan
01-20-2014, 11:59 PM
The PA system has been bad for years. It has been a complaint, especially in the upper bowl, since Cintas opened. We know some of the people who work at Cintas, and I can tell you they know that this is a problem and have been working on it, having even at one point installed new speakers, but it's an on-going issue and they get a ton of complaints every year. I'm not sure if it's a design issue/acoustics issue or what, but it's bad in the upper and lower bowl, but in different ways.

And, yeah, that girl's voice, God love her, is not the kind of voice you want to hear amplified.

I'm told it's mostly acoustics but also having the wrong people do the promos. That's from a sound guy's perspective. Our in game announcer sounds great. Brad is ok and the chick is terrible. Very different levels of experience and different voice timbres. Training helps: pitch the voice lower, speak clearly, don't rush and don't tell into the mic. That would help a lot.