PDA

View Full Version : A-10 Highlights

Muskie
06-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Since we're less than a week away from our official entry into the Big East. What's your all time favorite Xavier A-10 Memory?

I've got several. But just one to start off. Xavier versus #1 UMass at the Gardens.

paulxu
06-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Gardens...1968...1 point win to change a decade of losses that preceded it.

Enormous quantities of beer consumed; an entire game of our side of the arena chanting UC S$cks. I was a lot younger then also.

Titanxman04
06-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Running the table at US Bank to go dancing. Flagship, bitches.

xudash
06-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Since we're less than a week away from our official entry into the Big East. What's your all time favorite Xavier A-10 Memory?

I've got several. But just one to start off. Xavier versus #1 UMass at the Gardens.

That's got to be it for many here. It was a loss. But what a night, almost taking down Calipari and Camby.

The place was insane.

How far we've come.

powerofX
06-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Favorite highlight: posey dunk in smith center over two buff clad colonials.

Favorite game: vs gw at home in a game that featured like 6 foul outs between the two teams. Gw had about 7 foreign players and as they fouled out we chanted "deportation". Games vs Jarvis were always fun.

GreatWhiteNorth
06-20-2013, 08:29 PM

Enormous quantities of beer consumed; an entire game of our side of the arena chanting UC S$cks. I was a lot younger then also.

I remember that game. We went nuts and flooded the bars afterwards. I think X cancelled all classes the following day ..........to recover maybe.

Muskie
06-20-2013, 08:29 PM

Points for the memory but a deduction for not actually picking something from the Atlantic 10?

xeus
06-20-2013, 08:48 PM

This.

STL_XUfan
06-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Within this memory:

1. Cage's block
2. Rushing the floor....twice.
3. The crowd "returning" the Xbox t-shirts to the st. Joe cheerleaders.

paulxu
06-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Points for the memory but a deduction for not actually picking something from the Atlantic 10?

Are you telling me UC couldn't win the A10?

X-man
06-21-2013, 05:55 AM

That was my immediate thought as well. In spite of the loss, I remember that game vividly from watching Camby in the pre-game shootaround to the OT. I also ran into Skip Prosser the next day, and told him it was games like that one that made the move to the A10 the right one for Xavier even though we lost. He smiled, but looked like he disagreed. He was still absolutely drained by the experience.

JTG
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
That was immediate thought as well. In spite of the loss, I remember that game vividly from watching Camby in the pre-game shootaround to the OT. I also ran into Skip Prosser the next day, and told him it was games like that one that made the move to the A10 the right one for Xavier even though we lost. He smiled, but looked like he disagreed. He was still absolutely drained by the experience.

Saw it in person and I was drained afterward. The atmosphere was awesome. I said to myself, "so this is what big time basketball is". Probably my third favorite game behind the Gtown NCAA win and the home game against Loyola Mariemount.

X-band '01
06-21-2013, 09:05 PM
The day that a posting from The Bob Huggins Political Machine was read in court.

X-man
06-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Saw it in person and I was drained afterward. The atmosphere was awesome. I said to myself, "so this is what big time basketball is". Probably my third favorite game behind the Gtown NCAA win and the home game against Loyola Mariemount.

I love those two games as well, along with the UAB game back in the '90's and the Princeton NIT win. Lots of great memories from our Muskies.

SM#24
06-22-2013, 09:47 AM
1) 5 regular season titles in a row (2007-2011)
2) Knocking off #1 St. Joe's in 2004
3) 2006 A10 tourney at US Bank
4) 2002 - doing the double - regular season & tourney champs
5) 18 (?) consecutive A10 homes wins vs. Dayton; side note, 18 = every year in the league

X-man
06-22-2013, 10:14 AM
1) 5 regular season titles in a row (2007-2011)
2) Knocking off #1 St. Joe's in 2004
3) 2006 A10 tourney at US Bank
4) 2002 - doing the double - regular season & tourney champs
5) 18 (?) consecutive A10 homes wins vs. Dayton; side note, 18 = every year in the league

I began teaching at Xavier in 1984. I am pleased to note that I have never seen the Muskies lose to the Flyers on our home court. If and when we ever play the Flyers again here in Cincy, I have no doubt that the streak will continue. Their best chance by far to break the streak was this past year, as we all have ackowledged, and of course they failed...yet again.

Cheesehead
06-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Creighton game on New Year's Eve. Kyle Korver was amazing that night.

THRILLHOUSE
06-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I gotta go with the win over St. Joe's in 2004. Going into that game I thought maybe if we played a perfect game and Delonte West didn't hit everything in sight again we could squeak out a win. But that curbstomping we put on the Hawks was just a total shock. Even sweeter that it happened in front of Crier fans who showed up just to root against X.

That UMass game was fun. I love Cintas but man do I miss the atmosphere of the Gardens. That place was LOUD the entire game. Should've had that one. Correct me if I am misremembering, but didn't that game also have a situation where X should've fouled when up 3 at the end of the game then Travieso nailed a 3 to send it to OT?

danaandvictory
06-22-2013, 11:14 AM
The day that a posting from The Bob Huggins Political Machine was read in court.

I don't know this story, more details needed.

X-band '01
06-23-2013, 05:46 AM
This was back when our old friend Donald Little was still playing for UC around 2001. The late John Burlew (who used to be an attorney who represented former UC players in court) happened to be a judge initially assigned to hear the case. This is when Sni, err, TBHPM posted on Pablo's old board outlining Burlew's record with former UC players in the past. Someone printed out the post and gave it to everyone in the courtroom; this forced Burlew to recuse himself for the case.

Nigel Tufnel
06-23-2013, 09:20 AM
This was back when our old friend Donald Little was still playing for UC around 2001. The late John Burlew (who used to be an attorney who represented former UC players in court) happened to be a judge initially assigned to hear the case. This is when Sni, err, TBHPM posted on Pablo's old board outlining Burlew's record with former UC players in the past. Someone printed out the post and gave it to everyone in the courtroom; this forced Burlew to recuse himself for the case.

That's hilarious. First I've heard of it. Of course, I have to question the ethics of the Judge. It shouldn't have taken the post from Sn.....whoever to make him recuse himself. There is a conflict of interest whenever there is an appearance of impropriety. That was clearly the case with this Judge having represented multiple UC players in the past.

danaandvictory
06-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Outstanding.

Still wish that Waleskowski watermelon suit had happened, the deposition transcripts would have been terrific.

Did Burlew represent the UC players or had he just given them lax sentences in court?

THRILLHOUSE
06-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Outstanding.

Still wish that Waleskowski watermelon suit had happened, the deposition transcripts would have been terrific.

Did Burlew represent the UC players or had he just given them lax sentences in court?

Before he became a judge, he defended UC players when he was a lawyer.

Here is that post from the old board from Sni...err TBHPM: http://www.voy.com/29306/3/712.html

waggy
06-23-2013, 01:24 PM
I can't believe you found that. It was great to read it again.

Masterofreality
06-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Wow, does that bring back memories. The old Voy Boards with Pablo J. Escobar, Homeskillet and TBHPM. There were also antagonists like Big Cat.

Those boards were like the wild west frontier. Obviously, there is much more civility today.That being said, Snipe has to be commended for some of the greatest investigative reporting ever. Better than most "news" organizations. The fact is that, and the young whippersnappers who were in grade school 11 years ago should know this, Mike DeCoursey was, and still is, a shill for SucKS and the Yellow Toothed Gnome. No one also should ever forget what a hideous, corrupt and morally bankrupt individual that The Coiffed One, aka, Bobby the Thuggs, is.

Never forget!

More Cowbell
06-24-2013, 07:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryns90vsdJA

Posting this here, because X was still in the A10 when it occurred.