PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Chris Cantino?

mistabeecee41
06-19-2013, 07:01 PM
chris cantino ‏@risboyrock
Well Xavier! It's been nice ✌

Thanx appreciate it RT @sash19xu: @risboyrock best of luck Chris. Thanks for all you did while a muskie!

casualfan
06-19-2013, 07:08 PM
chris cantino ‏@risboyrock
Well Xavier! It's been nice ✌

Thanx appreciate it RT @sash19xu: @risboyrock best of luck Chris. Thanks for all you did while a muskie!

Seems odd. I don't think we need the scholly.

BMoreX
06-19-2013, 07:11 PM
I doubt he would've played much, if at all, this coming year.

RealDeal
06-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Maybe something is in the works, who knows.

mistabeecee41
06-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Maybe something is in the works, who knows.

Haven't heard any rumblings of anybody else coming in - maybe it could be a sign that Vez is on the way and the staff told him he drops even further on the depth chart? Read he was going to make a decision maybe by the end of the week.

Juice
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
I hope he can play for a D1 team this year. Hate to see a guy come to X, get screwed by the NCAA, and then lose his spot. That being said, I have no idea if he could even get a waiver to play for another D1 team.

XUFan09
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I hope he can play for a D1 team this year. Hate to see a guy come to X, get screwed by the NCAA, and then lose his spot. That being said, I have no idea if he could even get a waiver to play for another D1 team.

Based on what underwhelming things we were hearing about him, moving down a level might be a good thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Juice
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Based on what underwhelming things we were hearing about him, moving down a level might be a good thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, just read Rick's info too.

ballyhoohoo
06-19-2013, 08:59 PM
My guess is we see a transfer or new recruit with ties to Rick Carter

Madfan
06-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Cantino was leaving after this last semester anyway. I was actually asking "I thought he was leaving?" to someone two days ago.

danaandvictory
06-20-2013, 08:23 AM
My guess is we see a transfer or new recruit with ties to Rick Carter

I don't think they'll be bringing anyone else in this summer. But it is always useful to have a scholarship if someone, say, decides to transfer in at the semester break.

nkymuskie
06-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Someone on another board brought up the idea that they are putting Stenger back on scholarship. That would seem the most plausible situation to me.

blueblob06
06-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Someone on another board brought up the idea that they are putting Stenger back on scholarship. That would seem the most plausible situation to me.
That was what I was thinking too...if nobody worth a scholly comes along, give it to Stenger.

We wouldn't want to give a guy a scholarship for 4 years (or a transfer for multiple years) unless he's worth it.

xuphan
06-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Would love to use the last scholarship on this guy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/ex-penn-state-guard-jermaine-marshall-changes-mind-184052150.html

ArizonaXUGrad
06-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Could be anything. It could be a guy like Marshall, could be Stenger, or could be Vez coming for sure and Cantino seeing the writing on the wall, could be none of the above.

All the word was Cantino wasn't going to get much PT so while unfortunate for him it's not the end of the world for the team.

94GRAD
06-20-2013, 01:22 PM
If he didn't play a single minute with last years depleted roster, what was he expecting this year?

GoMuskies
06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
If he didn't play a single minute with last years depleted roster, what was he expecting this year?

Cantino wasn't eligible to play last year.

94GRAD
06-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Cantino wasn't eligible to play last year.

I believe he was, that's why he traveled on every road game. Ineligible players aren't allowed to travel.

GoMuskies
06-20-2013, 02:04 PM
He may have been technically eligible, but if so he was redshirting because the NCAA had screwed him out of a year of eligibility. He would have had to finish his eligibility before getting his degree. So while he may not have been a good player, that wasn't why he didn't play a single minute last year.

Woodburn
06-20-2013, 02:07 PM
He may have been technically eligible, but if so he was redshirting because the NCAA had screwed him out of a year of eligibility. He would have had to finish his eligibility before getting his degree. So while he may not have been a good player, that wasn't why he didn't play a single minute last year.
This is correct. See here: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2012/11/09/the-latest-on-chris-cantino/

ArizonaXUGrad
06-21-2013, 04:34 PM
This is correct. See here: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2012/11/09/the-latest-on-chris-cantino/

Too bad, sounds like he went through all this crap to never play a minute here. I hope he can play at another university that could use him. What is it with all these old guys we have?

Nigel Tufnel
06-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Thought it was interesting to see him participating in the Xavier basketball camp this week even though he is transferring.

nkymuskie
06-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Thought it was interesting to see him participating in the Xavier basketball camp this week even though he is transferring.

From an outsiders view I think he really loved Xavier. He really seemed to love his teammates too. It seemed like he could have been a great mentor to some of the younger players on the team. I'm sad it wasn't able to work out with him. He really invested himself in this team.

blueblob06
07-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Would love to use the last scholarship on this guy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/ex-penn-state-guard-jermaine-marshall-changes-mind-184052150.html
Jermaine Marshall has announced he's transferring from Penn St to Arz St.