PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Atlantis field set

BMoreX
05-02-2013, 03:33 PM
@GoodmanCBS: Battle 4 Atlantis field down in the Bahamas is: Kansas, Tennessee, Villanova, Xavier, Iowa, Wake, UTEP and USC.

drudy23
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Fairly solid.

DC Muskie
05-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Very solid. Iowa is going to be pretty good next season.

LadyMuskie
05-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Next season is going to be tough, but there's no reason we can't win this tournament and take no prisoners in league play. Might as well get the other Big East teams used to the new Flagship early on!

Masterofreality
05-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Meanwhile,

Here's what YTG is up to:

“@GoodmanCBS: N.C. State and Cincinnati will play in a 5-team round-robin exempt with Campbell, Appalachian State and NC Central, per source.”

Not exactly jumping into the cauldron. Remember that Purvis transferred from NC State.

LA Muskie
05-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Meanwhile,

“@GoodmanCBS: N.C. State and Cincinnati will play in a 5-team round-robin exempt with Campbell, Appalachian State and NC Central, per source.”

Not exactly jumping into the cauldron. Remember that Purvis transferred from NC State.

In his defense, he needs to prepare his team for the gauntlet that is the Big East regular season. Oops, sorry. Not the Big East. I meant the ACC. Oops. Wrong again. The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC.

MarvAlbert
05-02-2013, 06:34 PM
In his defense, he needs to prepare his team for the gauntlet that is the Big East regular season. Oops, sorry. Not the Big East. I meant the ACC. Oops. Wrong again. The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC.

Apparently I missed the memo when the aac merged with Alcoholics Anonymous, triple A, the American Association of Advertising Agencies, the Army Aviation Association of America, and a quadruple-A battery. No doubt for the additional name recognition.

Juice
05-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Meanwhile,

And CJ Leslie. They do add Cat Barber but they will be nowhere near what they were supposed to be this past year.

Edit: Lorenzo Brown also left early

xubrew
05-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Meanwhile,

What a joke.

I can actually give NC State a pass. If you're going to play cup cakes, at least play in-state cupcakes, and lump them into an exempt tournament so it only counts as one game.

But for UC, it's just three games against bad teams from the state of North Carolina, and one game against NC Central, who will likely be a frontronner in the MEAC.

xubrew
05-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Very solid. Iowa is going to be pretty good next season.

Tennessee should be pretty good as well.

XU-PA
05-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,,,,,,,,,, holy crap!!!!!!!!

App State????? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

SM#24
05-03-2013, 10:22 AM
What do you mean ? They're good, they beat Michigan.

SM#24
05-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Bracket prediction:
Kansas v UTEP
Iowa v Xavier

Tenn v USC
Villanova v Wake

xubrew
05-03-2013, 10:32 AM

Campbell is worse.

xubrew
05-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Bracket prediction:
Kansas v UTEP
Iowa v Xavier

Tenn v USC
Villanova v Wake

I don't know if we'll do this, but it is within the rules. Exempt tournaments allow up to four games. If we want, we can play a non-bracketed game, and say that it is part of the tournament. We saw Gonzaga and West Virginia do this last year. It's a loophole to get an extra game on the schedule that some teams are taking advantage of.

EDIT: Don't we already have Wake on the schedule?? We can say the game against Wake is our fourth Atlantis Game, and that would open up another date for us.

MHettel
05-03-2013, 10:35 AM

Isnt that where Jay canty went? Love to see him drop 30 on UC.

GoMuskies
05-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Appalachian State is Hot, Hot, Hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

xubrew
05-03-2013, 11:26 AM

Never post that link again

paulxu
05-03-2013, 11:51 AM
It took me a second, and I finally recognized the production/music.
It must have been done by this same company. I had to watch this with my grandson about a bazillion times when he was 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW169H4a4-E

Muskie1000
05-03-2013, 04:44 PM

That's two minutes of my life I can't get back.

X-band '01
05-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Never post that link again

Would you rather we post links to the classic Dayton-Louisville opener on WHIO?

If all else fails, just play the Applebee's Gilligan Island spoof.

XU-PA
05-04-2013, 06:21 AM

the great thing about that is that it's not 30 years old,,, look close at the video, clothing, computers, etc,,,, amazing. also amazing that someone was paid to write the song, and perform it,,,,

GrimeTime
05-06-2013, 09:36 AM

Wow - that was terrible! Is there an App for that? The only good thing was that it prompted me to YouTube the AppState -v- #5 Michigan football game from 2007. I never get tired of watching that last field goal attempt get blocked after Michigan thought they had it won! =)

xubrew
05-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Appy State will probably be at the top end of the Sun Belt right away......in football.

In basketball, not so much. Although, with WKU and Middle Tennessee leaving, what was a bad conference with one or two decent postseason caliber teams teams is now just a very bad conference.

delynn10
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Might have goofed big time by booking a trip, but not staying at the resort.

It is my understanding that you cannot buy tickets for the games unless you are an Atlantis guest or guest of an affiliate. I think tickets can be bought on game day, but not real confident in that...

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

X-band '01
11-23-2013, 06:42 AM
I don't know if we'll do this, but it is within the rules. Exempt tournaments allow up to four games. If we want, we can play a non-bracketed game, and say that it is part of the tournament. We saw Gonzaga and West Virginia do this last year. It's a loophole to get an extra game on the schedule that some teams are taking advantage of.

EDIT: Don't we already have Wake on the schedule?? We can say the game against Wake is our fourth Atlantis Game, and that would open up another date for us.

At least this explains why Abilene Christian is considered part of the Battle 4 Atlantis field; it would explain some real RPI anchor teams that have been part of Xavier's schedule in the past.

Meanwhile,

If this is what passes as an exempt tournament now, what does UC win for beating this esteemed Group of Death? Even NC Central managed a win against NC State.

To me, this is a reminder to NEVER take for granted any exempt event that Xavier gets to participate in.

barry
11-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Looking for 2 tickets to Battle for Atlantis Can anybody help me?

Juice
11-23-2013, 08:20 AM
At least this explains why Abilene Christian is considered part of the Battle 4 Atlantis field; it would explain some real RPI anchor teams that have been part of Xavier's schedule in the past.

If this is what passes as an exempt tournament now, what does UC win for beating this esteemed Group of Death? Even NC Central managed a win against NC State.

To me, this is a reminder to NEVER take for granted any exempt event that Xavier gets to participate in.

NC State sucks this year but they have a good class coming in. Warren will be improved and Cat Barber will no longer be a freshman.

The_Mack_Pack
11-23-2013, 10:23 AM
NC State sucks this year but they have a good class coming in. Warren will be improved and Cat Barber will no longer be a freshman.

Their coach, however, will still be Mark Gottfried.