PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Creek Available

Muskie
04-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Transferring from IU. Eligible right away as he graduates next week. Link (http://www.indystar.com/article/20130424/SPORTS0601/304240088/IU-s-Maurice-Creek-transfer-his-final-season)

JTG
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Transferring from IU. Eligible right away as he graduates next week. Link (http://www.indystar.com/article/20130424/SPORTS0601/304240088/IU-s-Maurice-Creek-transfer-his-final-season)

Hurt his entire career..not worth a chance.

Muskie
04-25-2013, 09:57 AM

Not even off the bench? You can't teach his will to overcome diversity. Also he could provide a veteran presence to a relatively young team.

UCGRAD4X
04-25-2013, 10:31 AM

Even if the alternative is to have a scholarship lie fallow?

DC Muskie
04-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Not even off the bench? You can't teach his will to overcome diversity. Also he could provide a veteran presence to a relatively young team.

I think we need to get rid the notion that next year's team is "young."

Milhouse
04-25-2013, 11:05 AM
To be fair he never was given a fair shot last year...but there are a lot of better prospects out there. Tough call.

Muskie
04-25-2013, 11:15 AM

A second year player at the Point... two red shirts Frosh getting big minutes likely. I'd take a veteran guy to help mold them.

boozehound
04-25-2013, 11:15 AM

Just because Justin Martin is like 40 years old doesn't mean that the rest of the team isn't young.

Next year's team my not be extremely young but they are going to be relying on young guards and will have a bunch of guys who aren't used to playing together.

nuts4xu
04-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Just because Justin Martin is like 40 years old doesn't mean that the rest of the team isn't young.

We have a ton of new guys with Randolph, Richards, M Davis, Reynolds, and Stainbrook, but with the exception of Randolph, all have had at least one year of life after high school. Hell, some kids earn degrees in the time Stainbrook has been in college.

This team may need time to gel, but I wouldn't call this team "young".

xu95
04-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Compared to me, they are all "young"

Muskie
04-25-2013, 11:23 AM
We have a ton of new guys with Randolph, Richards, M Davis, Reynolds, and Stainbrook, but with the exception of Randolph, all have had at least one year of life after high school. Hell, some kids earn degrees in the time Stainbrook has been in college.

This team may need time to gel, but I wouldn't call this team "young".

Yes but not all of them played competitive basketball last season. To me that makes then young players...

bobbiemcgee
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Think Mack will pick up a guy who can help us right away. Lots of competition for 5 spots. This guy might help us if he can stay healthy and I think after what he's been through that motivation won't be an issue. Big question is whether he is 100% recovered from all the injuries. My guess, probably not. If he's looking for big minutes right away, look elsewhere.

DC Muskie
04-25-2013, 01:06 PM
A second year player at the Point... two red shirts Frosh getting big minutes likely. I'd take a veteran guy to help mold them.

A second year point guard who will be 21 next season and most likely off to the NBA in 2014.

One of the red shirt freshman played with him at prep school. I think they will be okay. Nothing is going to help them except playing anyway.

Yes but not all of them played competitive basketball last season. To me that makes then young players...

It's college basketball. Every year we could consider all of them young.

Michigan had the youngest team in the tournament, started what, three freshman and a sophomore and made the championship game.

The term "young" is used all the time, year after year. It's like back in the Skip days when we used to talk about how "deep" we were because we had Tyson Britt as the 11th man.

rove02
04-25-2013, 01:39 PM
X will probably start at the beginning of the year a JR, So, JR (RS), SR (RS), JR (RS). That doesn't seem very young to me especially when you consider the sophomore is Semaj. They will have a lot of new players though.

smileyy
04-25-2013, 01:48 PM
You can't teach his will to overcome diversity.

Speaking of, its been a while since we've seen a Snipe post about overcoming diversity, hasn't it?