PDA

View Full Version : Stagefright?

MHettel
04-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Joran Crawford just played in his first NBA Playoff game. He had one rebound in 11 minutes. No other statistics.

Thats not what I expected of him. Did Doc Rivers tell him not to do anything aggressive with the ball? Was he simply eating a few minutes? If anything, they should at LEAST let him go for some 3-5 minute stretches and tell him to put pressure on teh defense. Maybe have him try to draw a few fouls on some key players.

11 minutes and didnt do anything?

Xman95
04-20-2013, 05:54 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about taking a leak in public. Nevermind.

mistabeecee41
04-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Didn't seem to have the ball in his hands too much...he is the definition of a 'needs the ball in his hands' kinda player.

Doc did admit he didn't give him much of a shot.

Doc Rivers: "I think Jordan Crawford is going to give us more and he didn’t because we didn’t play him enough."

sirthought
04-20-2013, 06:45 PM
It seemed as though Pierce and Garnet were not primary options, either. Seemed like Jeff Greene was the primary focus, then Jason Terry. Greene seemed to be the only hustle guy Boston had most of the game.

I thought Jordan was just out there to spell some minutes and play defense, which is sometimes what the coaches ask for.

sirthought
04-20-2013, 06:50 PM
I see now that Terry only took 5 shots. Surprising. He seemed to be involved with so many plays in the second half.

Boston has a lot of good players. Coach doesn't seem to like to use his bench enough. It's no wonder they have trouble rebounding, cuz all their players are winded

THRILLHOUSE
04-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I see now that Terry only took 5 shots. Surprising. He seemed to be involved with so many plays in the second half.

Boston has a lot of good players. Coach doesn't seem to like to use his bench enough. It's no wonder they have trouble rebounding, cuz all their players are winded

Boston doesn't have much of a bench, especially after the Rondo and Sullinger injuries. The only contributors they really have on the bench play the 2, so when they sub in players they have to go small which also hurts them on the glass.

paulxu
04-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Crawford appeared to play the 1st 3 minutes of the 4th quarter...then sit for the rest of the game.

Going into the 4th, the Celtics were up by 3 pt. They scored 8, the Knicks 18. Took them a while to get their first bucket in the quarter.
Final stats for the quarter:

Garnett: 1-3 and a TO
Terry: 0-3
Green: 0-1, 2 FTS, 3 TO's
Pierce: 2-3, 2 TO's
Bradley: 1 TO

Doc should have left Crawford in and told him to fire it up; couldn't have hurt that effort.
If they played one game on Saturday, and the next on Tuesday...the NBA finals should wrap up about mid-September.

D-West & PO-Z
04-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Its not Jordan's fault.....

He was playing my New York Knickerbockers! The soon to be 2012-2013 NBA Champions. Mark it down.

Knicks win this series in 5, just the first step.

smileyy
04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I suspect you see a lot more structure in playoff games than you see in the regular season, which can be to the detriment of Crawford's game.

mistabeecee41
04-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Jordan also received a 1st place vote for 6th man of the year!

presumably on accident - media person probably thought it was Jamal.

D-West & PO-Z
04-23-2013, 09:15 PM
10 points for Jordan so far tonight. Has been a good spark off the bench for the Celtics.