PDA

View Full Version : Supporting the Muskies

paulxu
04-16-2013, 08:50 PM
I used the search function, but couldn't find a thread that included AFO.
In fact you can't search for AFO, and you can't search for All for One either. They are too short.
Alternatively, it could be my computer since I don't see the court in the header, and I'm apparently the only one who doesn't.

Anyway, I inquired of the wonderful lady who works at Xavier in coordinating alumni involvement at the recent bash in Charlotte as to how MOR can get good seats and I keep striking out?

Not wanting to hurt my feelings, she suggested I look into becoming a larger contributor to the AFO (who knew?), as opposed to
telling me it was because I was from the South, or making some other comment that would have caused me distress.

So I followed her suggestion to give to AFO (and maybe look at a higher level of giving within my limited means) a little while back. Got the little sticker, brochure, etc.

But this afternoon I got a call from a member of the tennis team who just wanted to personally thank me for the donation, and what they (donations) mean to the athletes in continuing their education. No sales pitch, just a thanks. Had a nice chat with him about their season.

Well played my alma mater.

Muskie
04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Sent my check in for the quarter the other day as well (don't get me wrong it's a nominal amount). Glad to see others are as well. I suppose we can cue the rash of posters who will complain about Fr. Graham now.

HuskyMuskie
04-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Grab your torch and pitchforks!!!

Masterofreality
04-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Personally gave a check each to AFO's Becky Jackson and also to Doug Steiner Saturday.

Can't beat that face time Paul.

paulxu
04-17-2013, 07:27 AM

True. Just a little harder from South Carolina.

Masterofreality
04-17-2013, 08:53 AM
True. Just a little harder from South Carolina.

That 's why you gotta ante up more.:look:

Kahns Krazy
04-17-2013, 11:00 AM
There is no doubt that X understands the value of the financially supportive fan base. Contrast to the recorded voicemail I get from the Bengals reminding me to buy my tickets.

The perks for contributing are nice. The Joseph Room is a great example. They say last call, but it really isn't ever last call.

Lamont Sanford
04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Personally gave a check each to AFO's Becky Jackson and also to Doug Steiner Saturday.

Brown-nose.

Masterofreality
04-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Brown-nose.

Correct.

bobbiemcgee
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
That 's why you gotta ante up more.:look:

MOR got a call from Semaj and they discussed his 3 point shot for an hour. Then Mack called and sang his latest youtube song. Step it up Paul.

blobfan
04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Then the Blue Blob showed up, unzipped the suit and Jemma Jaimeson steps out, as she was born...

You guys crack me up.

paulxu
04-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Step it up? I'm at the limit of my fixed income donation ability. I'm counting on MOR to comp me in the future.

Jemma Jameson? I'm VERY impressed Blobfan.
BTW, your location is Here?
I'm here...you aren't here. Where did you go?

blobfan
04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Step it up? I'm at the limit of my fixed income donation ability. I'm counting on MOR to comp me in the future.

Jemma Jameson? I'm VERY impressed Blobfan.
BTW, your location is Here?
I'm here...you aren't here. Where did you go?

I am too here. You're not. Where are you?!? I'd go there but then I'd be here.
:medicated:

Masterofreality
04-18-2013, 12:45 PM
MOR got a call from Semaj and they discussed his 3 point shot for an hour. Then Mack called and sang his latest youtube song. Step it up Paul.

After Mac called, they performed the song in the back of my Muskiemobile.

paulxu
04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I am too here. You're not. Where are you?!? I'd go there but then I'd be here.
:medicated:

Just like a woman. Get you all excited...then let you down
Where am I? South Carolina. You said you'd be here. So I came here. You are not here. Why is that?
I'm going to have to run this by mrspaulxu. She's always said I'm a sucker for a pretty woman.

blobfan
04-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Just like a woman. Get you all excited...then let you down
Where am I? South Carolina. You said you'd be here. So I came here. You are not here. Why is that?
I'm going to have to run this by mrspaulxu. She's always said I'm a sucker for a pretty woman.

I love being the most beautiful woman y'all have never seen.

X-band '01
04-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Not even Titan?