PDA

View Full Version : Doellman Named All Eurocup

ammtd34
04-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I looked for the "Where are they now" thread but couldn't find it. This can be moved if it needs to be. Derrick Brown was named to the second team.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eurocup/news/i/111934/3735

Calathes (13.1 ppg., 5.9 rpg., 6.6 apg., 1.4 spg.), a former Euroleague champion, took charge from the start of his first Eurocup season in eventually leading Lokomotiv to Saturday’s title game against Bilbao. He came within 1 assist of the Eurocup record when he dished 14 in the regular season finale and had three of the top five assist games this season. Calathes finished the season as the league leader in assists and ranked eighth in steals and 12th in rebounds. Delaney (16.1 ppg., 4.3 rpg., 2.8 apg.) placed eighth in the competition in scoring and made headlines by breaking four semifinals records with 38 points and a performance index rating (PIR) of 47 in that round's opening game against Bilbao. Both numbers were the highest attained by any player in the Eurocup all season. Delaney ranked among Budivelnik's top three players in scoring, rebounds, assists, steals and three-pointers made. Doellman (15.1 ppg., 4.2 rpg., 1.7 spg.) was a pillar in the frontcourt of semifinalist Valencia, leading his team in scoring, steals and performance index rating and ranking second in rebounds, blocked shots and three-point shooting. On four occasions this season, Doellman was among the week's top five players in PIR. Vasileiadis (14.4 ppg., 35 three-pointer, 3.1 rpg.) was not just Bilbao's top scorer and second in the competition in three-pointers made, but owned some of the biggest highlights of the season. His triple in the closing seconds of a Last 16 game at Valencia clinched a dramatic victory and helped pave his team's way to the quarterfinals. Bryant (16 ppg., 9 rpg.), the only first-team selection to not have reached at least the semifinals, was a force in the middle for Ulm in their first Eurocup campaign. He was twice named MVP of the week and totaled five double-doubles this season. Bryant also led the Eurocup in rebounding and ranked fifth in average PIR.

Muskie
04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
I retweeted it earlier (from Justin's account) but forgot to make a post.