PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaack!!

Cat's Bird Seat
03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Been away for a while, banned by the Chicago gummit lawyer from MM, but happy since MM is a board crawling with negs and trolls, and KIA’s (Know it all’s) with just a few exceptions. Overall, overboard with pettiness and snipes or CC’s.
Anyway, gnna be somewhat active here as I enjoy sensible people posting sensible thoughts in a polite manner … plus “Q” and MOR said to jump in.
You will find out that I am a Chris Mach fan. I was a Sean Miller fan, I loved Skip (another reason N went after me), Pete was a fav, as was Big Jim and Ruby, and I started out admiring Ned. Giving my age away, eh?
So, How about Chris Mach. Has a 90-45 (.667) record, two Sweet Sixteen’s, in four years.
IMO, he did an exceptional job this year with a depleted roster of scholly’s; injuries;, we saw the huge development of Travis and Isaiah as the season wore on, still won 17 games and with just a few more free throws would have had at least a 22 win season.
We at Xavier, since Pete moved on, have faced every season with “will he be here” next year. With Chris, (St. X, XU, Cincinnati born and raised) I don’t think we have that worry anymore.
And now the move forevermore away from the “mid-major” flock. From here on folks, we’re running with the Big Dogs.
The new BIG EAST was a dream of Jim McCafferty who worked for years to develop a basketball conference. of Catholic schools. He eventually got a conference, but knew that Xavier had to build on that … and they have.
Over the past decade, we have gone down to the wire with Top 25-75 recruits, and lost out 95% of the time at the wire to a Big East, ACC, Big Ten program. We’ll get our share now in the recruiting wars, and thus the program will be better.
The FOX 1 contract with four Big East games a week on national TV, and their PR push to make the Big East the premier conference will be huge.
So, tighten up the seat belts, the coming ride will be something to take in.
Just keep in mind, we’ll even lost some games, but we’ll make all real Xavier fans proud of everything we do.
Pace Domini for now. See ya later

Masterofreality
03-25-2013, 12:56 PM
AH, Wise XU Owl, I presume? Hearty Welcomes back!

Why not use the old name, my friend? You'd be more recognized, but whatever.

For you young whippersnappers, Cat Bird is a former high ranking official in the Xavier Athletic Department who went on to a further career associated with the one and only National Football League. This man has seen things from both within and without. You'd be wise to heed his teachings.

Just don't be concerned with his spelling. Big Jim McCafferty never was. :laugh:

Muskie
03-25-2013, 01:37 PM
welcome aboard!

nuts4xu
03-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Who the hell is Chris Mach?

And if no one has ever heard of you, are you really back? Or just...here?

GoMuskies
03-25-2013, 01:45 PM

That's sort of what I was thinking, but I was just too polite to say it. Oops, guess I wasn't.

xudash
03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Welcome back............. C B S

Masterofreality
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Who the hell is Chris Mach?

That's sort of what I was thinking, but I was just too polite to say it. Oops, guess I wasn't.

C'mon now, be nice. He's been on the boards for years, just took a little hiatus. He has great stories to tell too, if you let him. A wizened vet of the Schmidt Fieldhouse catacombs.

PMI
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Mr Neutral drove you away from the other board? Shocker.

I am also a Chris Mack fan. I hope he's happy in his hometown and stays at Xavier for decades.

GoMuskies
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
I certainly know of wisexuowl, if that's who this fine feathered fellow is.

Masterofreality
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
I certainly know of wisexuowl, if that's who this fine feathered fellow is.

It is.

DC Muskie
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Is the Shadow still over there?

GoMuskies
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
The Shadow is the worst. It's the reason I came here.

So I suppose I owe The Shadow a hearty thank you. Not happening, but it is owed.