PDA

View Full Version : We're Big Time Now

GoMuskies
03-20-2013, 06:05 PM
So I expect all of you to start acting like it.

#1: No more talking about Dayton. Big time programs don't worry about small-time nothings like that "school".

#2: No more being excited about "stealing" a recruit because he was also considering some "powerhouse" like Northwestern, NC State or Georgia Tech.

#3: No more being excited to be out of the rankings and sneak up on people.

#4: No more counting wins against "BCS" programs (you shouldn't be more excited by a win over Auburn than one over Bucknell).

#5: No more standing for bullshit from our conference's television partners.

#6: No more bending over for our cross-town opponent and agreeing to idiotic neutral court game terms.

#7: No more standing for half-empty conference tournament finals played in the Miss America ballroom.

#8: No more challenging Mizzou for the title of most NCAA Tournament appearances without a Final Four.

#9: No more even giving the time of day to anyone who even implies that we're a mid-major.

#10: No more of Snipe refusing to buy us beers.

No more!

bobbiemcgee
03-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Fr Graham sounds like he might be talking a little smack to SI:

"Xavier's president, the Rev. Michael Graham, can't wait for coach Chris Mack's new pitch to recruits: You can play every March at the Garden, and go on the road to places like Georgetown.

"I'm sure that we're going to have an opportunity to recruit a kid that's a step quicker, a little bit deadlier," he said, mimicking a shooting motion, "than we had before. That's going to make, obviously, a difference in the program. We've done very well for the last several years by any metric, so this is going to allow us to take what we want to take—which is our next step forward.

"We haven't been to a Final Four yet."

Masterofreality
03-20-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm right with you on number 10.

11. No more playing games in errr "4,000" capacity garages.

12. No more trips to conference games in Gawdforsaken snow covered village outposts where planes can't fly.

13. No More being the team that everyone schedules for their "white out", or "green out" or "red out".

NO MORE!!!

DC Muskie
03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Snipe needs to pick up a damn tab.

ChiTownMuskie
03-20-2013, 07:35 PM
14. No more caring if someone can't correctly pronounce our name.

Xman95
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM

#1: No more talking about Dayton. Big time programs don't worry about small-time nothings like that "school". WHO IS DAYTON?

#2: No more being excited about "stealing" a recruit because he was also considering some "powerhouse" like Northwestern, NC State or Georgia Tech. I THOUGHT PEOPLE WERE TRYING TO "STEAL" OUR RECRUITS.

#3: No more being excited to be out of the rankings and sneak up on people. RANKINGS ARE FOR THOSE THAT NEED VALIDATION. XAVIER DOES NOT. WE KNOW WE'RE GOOD.

#4: No more counting wins against "BCS" programs (you shouldn't be more excited by a win over Auburn than one over Bucknell). DON'T YOU MEAN "BSC" FOR BULLSHIT CHAMPIONSHIP?

#5: No more standing for bullshit from our conference's television partners. I'VE HEARD SOME CONFERENCES WIND UP ON "ALTERNATE CHANNELS."

#6: No more bending over for our cross-town opponent and agreeing to idiotic neutral court game terms. DIDN'T UC USED TO BELONG TO A GOOD BBALL CONFERENCE?

#7: No more standing for half-empty conference tournament finals played in the Miss America ballroom. BIG EAST AT MSG...STILL GONNA BE BIG TIME!

#8: No more challenging Mizzou for the title of most NCAA Tournament appearances without a Final Four. FINAL FOUR? THAT'S ONLY GOING TO BE EXCITING BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT TO BE A CHAMPION.

#9: No more even giving the time of day to anyone who even implies that we're a mid-major. BITCHES.

#10: No more of Snipe refusing to buy us beers. BITCH.

No more!

I'm right with you on number 10.

11. No more playing games in errr "4,000" capacity garages. YES, BUT YOU COULD ALSO GET QUALITY WELDING DONE AT SOME GAMES.

12. No more trips to conference games in Gawdforsaken snow covered village outposts where planes can't fly. WELL, ONLY A COUPLE A10 TEAMS USE REAL JETS AND TWO OF THEM ARE NOW IN THE BIG EAST. (I HEAR SOME TEAMS TRY TO FLY IN ON THE BACKS OF MENTALLY CHALLENGED MASCOTS.)

13. No More being the team that everyone schedules for their "white out", or "green out" or "red out". OH, IT WILL STILL HAPPEN. WE'LL BE THE BADASS OF THIS MOTHA SOON!!!

NO MORE!!!

Great day, fellas!

XU-PA
03-21-2013, 05:41 AM
14. No more caring if someone can't correctly pronounce our name.

Old habits will die hard,,,,,,,,very hard,

UCGRAD4X
03-21-2013, 07:29 AM
If there is anyone out there that can not pronounce Xavier correctly, it no longer says something about our lack of credibility, popularity or 'name recognition' - is says something about the ignorance of the speaker. It has really been that way for some time - this pretty much cements it.

(and...old habits die hard)

UCGRAD4X
03-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Also...I think we have been big time for some time now. I have always considered this a first class site.

And I think we should act like we've been acting...with the exception of a few unnamed posters.

Feel free to name names...

Masterofreality
03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Also...I think we have been big time for some time now. I have always considered this a first class site.

And I think we should act like we've been acting...with the exception of a few unnamed posters.

Feel free to name names...

Masterofreality. That guy is a scammer and a charlatan.

Mel Cooley XU'81
03-21-2013, 08:13 AM

#1: No more talking about Dayton. Big time programs don't worry about small-time nothings like that "school".

No more!

Yes. This.

This is Rule #1.

The First Rule about the XH board is that you don't talk about. This.

If you talk about this, you are banned.

Have Good Day!

kyxu
03-21-2013, 08:20 AM
And with the moratorium on mentioning Dayton, let's include the watermelon jokes. Those grew stale about 10 years ago.

Mel Cooley XU'81
03-21-2013, 08:23 AM
And with the moratorium on mentioning Dayton, let's include the watermelon jokes. Those grew stale about 10 years ago.

Choose your words carefully, kyxu!

nuts4xu
03-21-2013, 09:47 AM
I love a good watermelon joke! You old guys are just a bunch of wet blankets!

GoMuskies
03-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I thought watermelon jokes were fine....back when we had a reason to concern ourselves with that trash.

PMI
03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the Hawk will die before watermelon jokes do. It is really crazy to think that the dayton rivalry is over now, but it appears that way. Perhaps if Pablo were still around, ud arena would finally receive its shipment of watermelons, as a farewell gift to our A10 bitch.

PM Thor
03-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Who? Never heard of them.

ArizonaXUGrad
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
We were already big time, this is just our validation.

xu95
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM

Just to keep a piece of Pablo with us we should never quit on the watermelon jokes

PMI
03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Just to keep a piece of Pablo with us we should never quit on the watermelon jokes

I think those who were around on Pablo's old board tend to appreciate the watermelon jokes more than the rest. Most people don't really understand how priceless the widespread reaction of the online dayton community was, and don't see the punchlines for what they really were, but rather as just something silly.

DC Muskie
03-21-2013, 11:46 AM
I think those who were around on Pablo's old board tend to appreciate the watermelon jokes more than the rest. Most people don't really understand how priceless the widespread reaction of the online dayton community was, and don't see the punchlines for what they really were, but rather as just something silly.

I was around. I thought it was funny for a day. I was also in my 20's. The funny part of the watermelon joke now is how contained it is here in the internet world and then see the reaction when it tries to expand out to normal fan base outside the internet world. No one else gets it. Because frankly it's really not that funny.

There are plenty of things to remember Brian by. Personally for me it's him getting in on Flyer Feedback and telling everyone how much Dayton sucked.

The watermelon stuff will die out at some point.

Xaveriana
03-21-2013, 11:52 AM
#0: Act like we've been here before in our thoughts, actions, and comments.

Cintas was incredible yesterday. It was a day I thought would never come. We were finally recognized for what we all knew. 20 years in the making...

Masterofreality
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
There are plenty of things to remember Brian by. Personally for me it's him getting in on Flyer Feedback and telling everyone how much Dayton sucked.

Yep. I can't delete his old private e-mails. Creepy? Maybe, but just a way to keep the guy around.

That, and keeping the X udump game from 2004 on DVD where we beat the Cryers in the dump urinal to win the A10 Tournament. The coverage includes the shots of X guys celebrating at mid-court after the win and stomping on the logo. Pablo is clearly to be seen.

SixFig
03-21-2013, 12:36 PM
You know what, I'm not as jazzed about this as I should be. Were we not big time when we made 2 Elite 8s plus 3 Sweet 16s in 8 years? If not, this conference won't change things.

You know what will make us big time? A final four...nay...national championship.

This conference change is only good if we win. If we go the UC route and shrink from the challenge there is not point. Win or nothing!

PMI
03-21-2013, 01:00 PM
I was around. I thought it was funny for a day. I was also in my 20's. The funny part of the watermelon joke now is how contained it is here in the internet world and then see the reaction when it tries to expand out to normal fan base outside the internet world. No one else gets it. Because frankly it's really not that funny.

The watermelon stuff will die out at some point.

The funniest part about the watermelon joke was how badly KEITH WALESKOWSKI'S FATHER, among other dayton fans, overreacted. That's why it kept going. It would've died after a day if they acted like normal people and shrugged it off. They made it funny. When I was a student at Xavier, people would occasionally ask me if I knew what the watermelon thing was. It wasn't some widespread thing, but there was curiosity about it outside the internet. Brian always thought it was funny, and I agree with him.

DC Muskie
03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
The funniest part about the watermelon joke was how badly KEITH WALESKOWSKI'S FATHER, among other dayton fans, overreacted. That's why it kept going. It would've died after a day if they acted like normal people and shrugged it off. They made it funny. When I was a student at Xavier, people would occasionally ask me if I knew what the watermelon thing was. It wasn't some widespread thing, but there was curiosity about it outside the internet. Brian always thought it was funny, and I agree with him.

Their reaction also died a long time ago, but only a few Xavier fans on the internet keep it alive today.

waggy
03-21-2013, 02:30 PM
I think humpers is an accurate descriptor.

Kahns Krazy
03-21-2013, 03:24 PM
The watermelon thing isn't a joke. UD players to this day have mutual intercourse with watermelons. It's just a fact.

I'm always amused when the out of town guys dismiss the Dayton rivalry. When was the last time you tried to watch a game in a bar and some moron with a UD sweatshirt was rooting for the other team just because it's X? That will continue to happen, because Dayton will continue to be jealous of us. It will be somthing that Cincinnati based Xavier fans will continue to encounter. Dayton will continue to suck, and I will continue to be amused by their suckness.

Pablo's Brother
03-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Today was Brian / Pablo's birthday. We thought he would especially enjoy our move to the Big East and delight in UD's misfortune. Btw, watermelon jokes never, ever get old.

Snipe
03-22-2013, 03:07 AM
I am never buying any of you bitches beers. That is why I am big time.

Masterofreality
03-22-2013, 06:37 AM
I am never buying any of you bitches beers. That is why I am big time.

But not big time enough to renew the premium membership?

xavbball
03-22-2013, 06:49 AM
You know what, I'm not as jazzed about this as I should be. Were we not big time when we made 2 Elite 8s plus 3 Sweet 16s in 8 years? If not, this conference won't change things.

You know what will make us big time? A final four...nay...national championship.

This conference change is only good if we win. If we go the UC route and shrink from the challenge there is not point. Win or nothing!

This. Thank you, sir.