PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Credits; Share of $$$ going forward

Muskie
03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Any idea how this will pan out? I assume X is leaving their Tourney Credits with the A-10... at one point we were getting a half share of Big East revenue from TV. Is that still the case?

MarvAlbert
03-20-2013, 12:41 PM
A question I had was about the tournament credits earned in the last 6 years (16 tournament credits). According to this NCAA website (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Basketball+Resources/Basketball+Resource+Distribution+Fund), tournament credit payments are made in mid-April and a credit is worth $245,500 this year. If I heard correctly, the A10 awards half of each credit to the team that earned it. Since Xavier will still be in the A10 in mid-April, does that mean Xavier gets the check for approx $1.964 million?

I don't mean to hijack, I just mean to ask in addition to Muskie's original question.

xu95
03-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes, we will get our credits due to us this year, but forfeit everything after this year. I know the Enquirer stated we will not get a full share of the TV money, but I find that hard to believe because I read in some announcement from the Big East that all 10 are equal members.

Masterofreality
03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Yes, we will get our credits due to us this year, but forfeit everything after this year. I know the Enquirer stated we will not get a full share of the TV money, but I find that hard to believe because I read in some announcement from the Big East that all 10 are equal members.

I believe that rather than the exit fee coming out of our own pocket, XU agreed to take less this year and Fox pays the exit fee. My understanding.

xu95
03-20-2013, 02:20 PM
I believe that rather than the exit fee coming out of our own pocket, XU agreed to take less this year and Fox pays the exit fee. My understanding.

That makes a lot more sense than what Cliff Peale is implying in the Enquirer with his article.