PDA

View Full Version : Fight For #2 Seed - Scoreboard Watching

American X
02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Barring a number of unforeseen losses, Tennessee, Memphis, UCLA, North Carolina, Kansas, and Texas look good for 1 and 2 seeds.

In addition to watching Xavier win and the A-10 implode, I'll be on the lookout for the following teams to drop games:

Duke - @ NC State, @ Virginia, UNC

Georgetown - @ Marquette, Louisville

Louisville - Villanova, @ Georgetown

UConn - West Virginia, @ Providence, Cincinnati

Wisconsin - Penn State, @ Northwestern

Stanford - Washington State, @ UCLA, @ USC

Everyone also has conference tournaments to help or hurt them.

The next two weeks should be fun.

dc_x
02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Duke is still in great shape for a #2 seed and in contention for a #1 seed. They still get UNC at home.

Wisconsin and UConn are longshots for a #2 - Wisconsin hasn't played a strong enough schedule and UConn needs both Georgetown and Louisville to lose to get a share of the BE regular season title.

So I think it comes down to 3 teams battling for the last #2 seed:

1. Stanford - if they win @UCLA and share the PAC10 title, they are in good shape for a #2. Their OOC was really weak, though. If they lose to UCLA twice, I don't see how they can get a #2 seed.

2. Xavier - in good shape if we win out, questionable with 1 loss, no chance with 2 losses

3. Big East Regular Season champ - Louisville @GTown to conclude the BE regular season next week. Xavier fans should cheer for GTown to lose @Marquette tomorrow and then to beat Louisville at home. A potential 4-way tie atop the BE between GTown, Louisville, ND, and UConn will probably prevent any BE team from getting a 2 seed.

American X
02-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Kansas could play themselves out of a 2 seed. K-State, Texas Tech, and @ Texas A&M. Losing at A&M then an early exit from the Big 12 tourney would not look good. Slight chance though. I would be surprised if it is not Texas-Kansas again in the title game.