PDA

View Full Version : Sad Ending to 2013

Xaveriana
03-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately Xavier not being able to finish was a microcosm of the season.

Feel bad for Philmore. Gotta make that shot.

PMI
03-14-2013, 08:09 PM
I guess that's the difference between Philmore and David West. Oh well. We weren't going to beat VCU anyway most likely.

SixFig
03-14-2013, 08:11 PM
I guess that's the difference between Philmore and David West. Oh well. We weren't going to beat VCU anyway most likely.

I just hope it doesn't wreck Philmore for 13-14. We are going to need him...and more.

bjf123
03-14-2013, 08:28 PM
I would have rather we lost by 10 than by missing a bunny at the buzzer. Going to be long off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danaandvictory
03-14-2013, 08:37 PM
I just hope it doesn't wreck Philmore for 13-14. We are going to need him...and more.

If that had happened in an Elite Eight game or something I might worry. I would think it would give him motivation in the gym this offseason if nothing else.

MHettel
03-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Nothing sad at all. Knew it was going to be a down year, could have been much worse. Good showing by several, including mack

Lamont Sanford
03-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Seriously, was that the best play Mack could draw up when he called timeout with 15 seconds left?!? Christon needs to take that shot vs passing it off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to hire a new offensive coordinator. Our offense sucked a big bag of dicks this season.

ammtd34
03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Seriously, was that the best play Mack could draw up when he called timeout with 15 seconds left?!? Christon needs to take that shot vs passing it off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to hire a new offensive coordinator. Our offense sucked a big bag of dicks this season.

I think that had to do with the fact that we only had 2 guys that could score. If a coach can get a slow footed, one dimensional Brad Redford open for threes, his offensive game plan is fine.

PMI
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM

If that wrecks Philmore, then he was never mentally strong enough to play here in the first place. I highly doubt that shot is going to carry into next season in any way other than motivation to come back better. He will have a good senior year on a much better team.

Kahns Krazy
03-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately Xavier not being able to finish was a microcosm of the season.

Feel bad for Philmore. Gotta make that shot.

Microcosm is exactly what I was thinking of that last 1.4

Beginning of the play/season: Wow, this sucks we are going to lose/ Wow, this sucks, we are going to lose a lot
Middle of the play/season: Holy sh*t! We have a great chance to win! / Holy sh*t! We are in a lot of these games to win!
End of play/ season: Crap, we lost / Crap, we lost.

I think overall the season was more positive than the record would reflect. There is still a strong core in this program, and I'm really looking forward to next season. I'm glad this one is done, though.